Lit-divination: What your favourite books say about you...

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
Cultured Gentleman
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Basil 🌿

My favorite book series is hands down lord of the rings trilogy and the hobbit. Tolkien.
The talisman by Stephen king
Fahrenheit 451 by ray Bradbury
Stranger in a strange land by Robert Heinlein
Count of montecristo by Alexander dumas
These are my top five reads that just come to mind. I’ve been in love with reading since I was 5 years old with kit the cat. Lol

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is Indistinguishable from magic”
Arthur C Clarke

“The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our sense to get sharper”
W.C. Yeats
NitNatNewt
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Moribito: Gaurdian of the Spirit by Nahoko Uehashi.

This is such a cool idea. Don't feel rushed or bothered if you're not still offering this. I just enjoyed the idea too much not to post.

Kitsune
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon,dragon,vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Favorite books, where to start?
-Warriors series by Erin Hunter
-Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke
-the Inheritance Quartet by Christopher Paolini
-all of Tamora Pierce's series (lioness rampant, protector of the small, etc.)
-The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer-Bradley
-The Sight, Fell, and Firehringer, but David Clement-Davies
-Sunshine, by Robin McKinkey
-His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman
-Shadowbridge (can't remember author)
-Laura Ingles Wilder's collection, Little House on the Prairie
-Howl's Moving Castle, by Dyana Wayne Jones

And so much more.

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

@jezebela

Admittedly I'm only familiar with a few of these and then vaguely with the rest, but that's enough. There's an intriguing energy around you that bespeaks both a sense of purpose and a genuine interest in existence. Interest not in the way that you're happy to be here but that you key into the underlying framework of what makes things happen, what allows fluidity in a collective. You're clued in on an intuitive level to why things are happening, as they happen, even though you can't put it into words there's a comfort in this.
I am getting the indication that there is quite a lot going on in your lineage whether you look at it as past lives or your ancestry, an 'unfinished story', an eternal party or parade of spirits, that you know you are presently part of and are taking on the mantle of - so to speak. Dutiful nature underlying a hopeful approach to life, and while it may not seem like it always - you're quite well grounded as well. People underestimate you.
Something about a lot of noise and activity surrounding that is met with appreciation and embraced for its vitality, it nurtures you and you are entrusted to fulfill this in your own unique way. You have a prominent connection to the spirit realm and the spirits are rather involved, as family, in your daily dealings.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

@ASTER

it's perhaps no surprise that you're fascinated by the mystical. What is more interesting to me is that all of this gives me a 'searching' energy, not in an aimless way but more like a mystery game. It feels like solving a puzzle; everything has its place in your life and this is something you've recognized from quite early on - but the placements keep shifting as if there's an energy involved that is tricking you. The trickery is harmless, it's leading you in a very specific direction, spelling out a 'secret code' of sorts, like trying to guess the numbers of a combination lock. A revolving door that lets through slivers of truth and in the thick of that you end up noticing more about yourself, parts that are constantly active but in contrast to what you see of the outside elements - don't seem to have a place. And so the observation of what it means to be here and how things fit, turns inward, to how you fit, not within this world but within your body/vessel. There's a draw toward the earth body, the physicality that might seem singular among these books but is the actual key to unlocking what all of the rest promise.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

@Aurum

Your inclination to mention American Gods despite it being one in a multitude of what you enjoy, says enough to me in this instance, that you're constantly in a struggle to bridge the divine truth you recognize within to this material plane and how the life path has evened out so far. You're perhaps more tuned into that reality than most, and so there are the obvious frustrations, and it's interesting I can see an obvious parallel between how the gods maintain presence here, and how you're trying to maintain a sense of presence here because it is much easier to see things as they should be and this world as it is now - is not the ideal - and even the gods are making of it what they can in some humorous ways. There's a lesson for you too, in that. Not that you don't have a sense of humor about being here already, but that you can relate more to immortals than you may allow yourself to accept.
Beyond this, you're always seeking some new realization of what you already know, hence the love of reading in general.

—Oscar Wilde
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

@Vipera aspis atra you are so spot on in every line. 😂 Thank you for your insight into it. That is truly amazing to me to say the least. I am searching to validate my own truth in this life, alone working out everything to the max in the process ... since I feel, I wasted decades on living up according to my assumed duties... mother, breadwinner, wife, healthcare, childcare worker ect.... living my life for others expectations and pleasing.

This is something now that I have to figure for myself. Its the greatest kindness towards my own health and well-being, that I have ever gathered myself to nurture in someone... well, in my case this time... myself 😃 as weard as it sounds and feels selfish to me sometime.
Vipera aspis atra wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:55 am @ASTER

it's perhaps no surprise that you're fascinated by the mystical. What is more interesting to me is that all of this gives me a 'searching' energy, not in an aimless way but more like a mystery game. It feels like solving a puzzle; everything has its place in your life and this is something you've recognized from quite early on - but the placements keep shifting as if there's an energy involved that is tricking you. The trickery is harmless, it's leading you in a very specific direction, spelling out a 'secret code' of sorts, like trying to guess the numbers of a combination lock. A revolving door that lets through slivers of truth and in the thick of that you end up noticing more about yourself, parts that are constantly active but in contrast to what you see of the outside elements - don't seem to have a place. And so the observation of what it means to be here and how things fit, turns inward, to how you fit, not within this world but within your body/vessel. There's a draw toward the earth body, the physicality that might seem singular among these books but is the actual key to unlocking what all of the rest promise.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Banapis
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: I love them all.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Call me Banapis. It's a good public name.
Zodiac:

Ooo...any chance to talk about books. 8)) Here's some that I have to reread every few years:

- Neverwhere, Neil Gaiman
- Good Omens, Neil Gaiman & Terry Pratchett
- Day of the Triffids, John Wyndham
- Dune, Frank Herbert
- American Gods, Neil Gaiman
- The Dinosaur Heresies, Robert Bakker (I need a new copy. Mine fell apart and has lost quite a few pages.)

At the moment, I'm also indulging a fascination with Arthurian legends. It has come up every so often for years. I don't know if the subject qualifies as "favorite," but since it keeps coming up and nearly obsesses me when it does, I decided I'd better finally listen and learn. lol

“To be sure, I am a forest, and a night of dark trees: but he who is not afraid of my darkness, will find banks full of roses under my cypresses.”
Friedrich Nietzsche: Thus Spake Zarathustra
Luna Lysithea
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 386
Spelled Number: 74
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: The Winter Witch
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Luna Lysithea
Zodiac:

Thank you @Vipera aspis atra for doing this, what a lovely idea. 8))

Some of my favorites are:
1. Anne Of Green Gables written by Lucy Maud Montgomery

2. The Lion, The Witch, & The Wardrobe written by C.S. Lewis

3. Wicked written by Gregory Mcguire

4. Point of Origin written by Patricia Cornwell

5. The entire Harry Potter series of books written by J.K. Rowling

6. It written by Stephen King

7. Interview with The Vampire written by Anne Rice.

8. Lorna Doone written by R. D. Blackmore

9. The Hound of The Baskervilles written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

I love many different genres of literature so this post made me smile. Thank you again & I 'm very grateful for you doing this, I look forward to my reading. <3

^^

💗Spirit Family💗 386

💗Immortals💗 27

💗Infusions💗 30

American Sanguine Vampire, Anamchara Angel, Amadan Fairy, Goddess Aphrodite, Goddess Calypso, Kracken, Goddess Nyx, Goddess Pandora, Grim Reaper, Lady Of The Lake, Wraith, Harpy, Goddess Hera, Goddess Hecate, Goddess Lilith, Red Dragon, Black Dragon, Gold Dragon, Balaur Dragon, Xypher, Fenrir, Crocotta, Dullahan, Volkh, Cnn Annwn, Barbegazi, Basilisk, Wendigo, Morgan Le Fey, & Goddess Skadi
jezebela
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: jazne

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:48 am @jezebela

Admittedly I'm only familiar with a few of these and then vaguely with the rest, but that's enough. There's an intriguing energy around you that bespeaks both a sense of purpose and a genuine interest in existence. Interest not in the way that you're happy to be here but that you key into the underlying framework of what makes things happen, what allows fluidity in a collective. You're clued in on an intuitive level to why things are happening, as they happen, even though you can't put it into words there's a comfort in this.
I am getting the indication that there is quite a lot going on in your lineage whether you look at it as past lives or your ancestry, an 'unfinished story', an eternal party or parade of spirits, that you know you are presently part of and are taking on the mantle of - so to speak. Dutiful nature underlying a hopeful approach to life, and while it may not seem like it always - you're quite well grounded as well. People underestimate you.
Something about a lot of noise and activity surrounding that is met with appreciation and embraced for its vitality, it nurtures you and you are entrusted to fulfill this in your own unique way. You have a prominent connection to the spirit realm and the spirits are rather involved, as family, in your daily dealings.
Thanks for the interpretation! Very interesting read!

Well, yes, I'm very curious, to an extent, I never want to be an expert in those areas I'm interested in. I'm just happy if I could scratch more than the surface.

About the unfinished story/ ancestry, I'm not sure. It's surprising to hear you commenting that I'm grounded since I've been told by people over the years, I'm never grounded. Maybe that's due to my interest. I'm like a hopping bunny as I never settled for a job nor interest.

I've been told often that I'm connected to the spiritual real, but to be frank, I don't feel it that way. :*) Perhaps, such connection is not supposed to be felt, it's supposed to be comfortable like my own skin. But this is something I would like to learn more as in connecting more.

So that's all for my feedback.

Are you gonna offer on music too?

Return to “Books & Literature”