Lit-divination: What your favourite books say about you...

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

What are your favourite books? No, they do not have to be metaphysically oriented.
And be honest.
And if you don't read, you should read a little. Then come back and tell us what books you like.

I will divine what your favourite books say about you, and your path. This is a fun sort of thread.. we can also discuss what we see in each other based on books of interest, and if that lines up.

I could have made such a thread about films, or music, equally of interest to me and a lot of you, but I am curious about what people are reading and also would like to encourage the act of reading. Not to mention that books inspire a lot of other media, after all...

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
jezebela
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: jazne

mine are:

- one day by david nicholls
- the book thief by markus zusack
- the forbidden game by LJ smith
- black dawn by LJS
- witchlight by LJS
- a little princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- the adventures of tom sawyer
- daughter of the empire by raymond e feist
- naruto manga
- radiance by grace draven
- eidolon by grace draven

hope these selections help in your divination for me!

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

These few books I got in the last 6 month to less then a year. Plus I have Kindle, & Google apps that I regularly read and refresh with new books.
If you click the pictures the titles become more readable.

I am happy to share... and curious about divination on book types too. Thank you so much. Lovely of you and interesting learning curve for me to observe this.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

jezebela wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:18 am mine are:

- one day by david nicholls
- the book thief by markus zusack
- the forbidden game by LJ smith
- black dawn by LJS
- witchlight by LJS
- a little princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- the adventures of tom sawyer
- daughter of the empire by raymond e feist
- naruto manga
- radiance by grace draven
- eidolon by grace draven

hope these selections help in your divination for me!
Hi @jezebela , The Book Thief & The Adventure of Tom Sawyers was my favourite books in my teen and young adult years alone with all the books from Jules Verne. I grew up on Hans Christian Anderson & The Grimm brother's stories and Fairytale. Love these oldies..like - The little Match Girl, that transformed me back into that time and era in London, although it's a sad story, but teaches the values of giving to the poor and humbleness. I remember how fast I was reading the story, in hope that someone will buy a Match box from her and helps her to have money for food for Christmas. But the hearts of those people walking on the streets were cold like winter and frozen their hearts of grace out of them, gave them blindness towards the little girl's needs on the street, eventually she spent Christmas Eve outside and was fund dead by Christmas day...with burnt out match sticks, all over her on the ground as she tried to stay warm.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

jezebela
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Laser-beam eyes
My magical/paranormal name...: jazne

ASTER wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:51 am
Hi @jezebela , The Book Thief & The Adventure of Tom Sawyers was my favourite books in my teen and young adult years alone with all the books from Jules Verne. I grew up on Hans Christian Anderson & The Grimm brother's stories and Fairytale. Love these oldies..like - The little Match Girl, that transformed me back into that time and era in London, although it's a sad story, but teaches the values of giving to the poor and humbleness. I remember how fast I was reading the story, in hope that someone will buy a Match box from her and helps her to have money for food for Christmas. But the hearts of those people walking on the streets were cold like winter and frozen their hearts of grace out of them, gave them blindness towards the little girl's needs on the street, eventually she spent Christmas Eve outside and was fund dead by Christmas day...with burnt out match sticks, all over her on the ground as she tried to stay warm.
nice that we like the same books!

the little match girl story is so sad that i cried. that's reality, and there's nothing i would change in the story. every now and then i read back the story when i run out of ideas to write stories (hmm.. when was the last time i wrote a story???)

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

This is very difficult. I can never pick a favourites, I like wide variety of things. But looking into my book collection I can see that my copy of Neil Gaiman's American Gods is practically falling apart from being read a lot and traveling with me to places so I'll pick that. But really, there are so many things I like to read.

Tokala
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raiko

I've probably read thousands upon thousands of books, but I barely, or rarely, if ever, feel any sort of favoritism or emotional attachment. I am grateful for the knowldegse and guidence some of the books I've read give, but that's it.

But if I have to choose favorites:

The Neverending Story
The Missing 411 series
The Unexplained - this one is a book I read before bed as a child. It told allegedly true stories about cryptids. It was like the IRL book of fairy tales with stories of real fairy sightings, monster sightings, Spring Heeled Jack etc...
The Giving Tree - the first book I read when I stepped into a library as a child. I remeber bawling after I read it.
Sailor Moon Manga. I've only read two, but I do love the story, the vibes etc...

shieon
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 200
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
If I could be anything, I would be...: Gumiho
My magical/paranormal name...: Violet
Zodiac:

When younger it was:
Lord of the Flies (I was obsessed with LotF for some reason)
Kaffir Boy
Papillon

Today:
The Laws of the Spirit World
Deathnote (I reread it over ten times now LOL..I read it in a serialized Shueisha before it was released to the world at the wide scale it's at, it was unlike any work in the magazines to me)
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo
No Longer Human
Rover Red Charlie (comic book)

Hahaha I didn't think I'd see a theme going on with my list, but I'm seeing it.
Currently I am waiting to get books about Garry Kasparov.

"내가 꿈에나와도 그건 귀신이나 괴한이 아니야. 천사지."

There are some people whose dread of human beings is so morbid that they reach a point where they yearn to see with their own eyes monsters of ever more horrible shapes.

I share co-consciousness and a shared astral body with an angelic guardian entity named, "Victor," or "L." Spirit worker, demonolator, generational clairvoyant.

ensa
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 4
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
Zodiac:

This is a great thread, sharing the love for literature is amazing in itself. <3

I mostly read comics but the some of the books and short stories I enjoy are the following:
Coraline by Neil Gaiman
Sherlock Holmes series by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
The Martian book by Andy Weir
May Day Eve short story by Nick Joaquin
Monster manga by Naoki Urasawa

HopeFaerie
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thank you for offering this, I have always loved reading. 8)) My favorite books are the Lord of the Rings series. Thank you!

Return to “Books & Literature”