I am looking for a Magick Mentor

Anonymously anonymous
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Creation wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:48 am Hello @Anonymously anonymous and @Redregon . Thank you both for the reply. Please excuse the late follow up.

I am really looking to gain a better understanding and practice of the basics of magick. To become comfortable and confident in it. Closes example I can think of is learning how to walk, before I can jog. I am currently too spontaneous and undisciplined. Lol. A mentor to set a consistent routine.

I can share some of my current understanding and experience at this time if it helps.
Magic doesn't have to be some grandiose thing. Magic is all around us and happens everyday. If you want to get into a specific magic I suggest do as much research as you can. Ask questions. Start small. The comfortability and confidence happens over time. If you want to get disciplined I would strat by trying to get more disciplined day by day. If you are on the forum you'll get a lot of knowledge from a lot of people. Soak up everything you can.

Creation
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 100
My magical/paranormal name...: Creation

Thank you all

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Creation wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:52 am Hello, I am looking for someone who would like to be a Mentor and take on a student.
I am searching to develop more discipline and focus when working with Magick. I am looking to gain a better understanding of the basics. Develop a strong foundation, routine, and practice.
I believe directly working with another, more experienced, would support me with my goals and desires in Keeping. Being a loving Keeper and effective leader to my Keep is my long-term goal while improving my comfort along with connections to magick.
If it helps to know at this time, my keep size is under 50: Spirits, Entities, Immortals, and a Servitor. A strong and loyal community that has a lot of variety in multiple areas of magick.
Our current methods of communication are oracle cards, sensations, visions, and dream messages. I intend to move away from sensations to direct messages via clairaudience and/or telepathy.
Thank you.
I have to say, I have a completely different perspective on this. While there are indeed many knowledgeable mentors within our community, their availability may be limited due to their own time constraints, managing their shops (if any), or juggling other commitments. Anonymously anonymous is somewhat of an exception as she already teaches her circle, but even so, the rules of the forum and its messaging system may pose challenges for you two to connect.

Moreover, your reasons for wanting to learn, such as discipline and focus, don't necessarily align with the expectations of finding a mentor. What if there are scheduled classes that you aren't able to attend? It's worth considering that it has taken you several weeks to reply to your own thread, which suggests that your commitment to finding a mentor may be more superficial. Discipline and focus are personal qualities that need to be cultivated by yourself.

Magick is an incredible and vast realm, and I do agree with some previous comments. When you mention basics or foundation, what exactly are you referring to? It's important to identify which specific path(s) you are interested in. For instance, if you have an interest in necromancy, it would be beneficial to seek guidance from someone actively practicing it. Otherwise, you may not gain much knowledge from individuals who excel in other forms of magick.

If your goal is simply to become an effective leader in your Keep, as you've mentioned above, I would suggest focusing on spending time connecting with your Keep and fostering a harmonious environment for each member. You don't necessarily need a mentor for that. None of us had mentors when we started our Spirit Keeping journeys, and this forum has been a sanctuary for us, offering a wealth of invaluable information. I am incredibly grateful for what Magnolia and Ash have created, and I always love to promote their work. Because of this, I have been making an effort to become more active and search for old forum posts that might have helpful information for others. We all contributed to the forum, so all you have to do is search and read.

Right now, your greatest mentors are the spirits and entities that are already a part of your collection. I understand that this is something that may be easily overlooked by many people. Until someone with similar interests and more experience comes along, these beings can provide you with invaluable guidance. I know some people may disagree with this, but while some may spend decades practicing something on their own, others of us can achieve similar results in a tiny fraction of that time with our companions. So, never underestimate the wisdom and knowledge that your companions can offer.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Crow Clan
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 99
Spelled Number: 5000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hag
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me

bravephoenix wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:37 pm ... your request is too vague. Do you know what you want to do with your magic?
It's been my experience that it's one's recognition that someone doesn't know what they want with (or through) magic which does drive that someone to seek a mentor. Also, the issue is likely to be deeper than not knowing what one wants with magic; likely, the person, seeking a friendly guide, doesn't even know what magic is, what energy is, what spirit is, and definitely not how to put them together.

IMO most magic books available via places such as Amazon.com are incomplete at best, My view as to book learning, from scratch: that's a death march into a swamp, in most cases.

Thirdly, the deeper one moves into magical realms, the more one must have a mentor to transmit what the yogis call deeksha, meaning (something like) spiritual attunement, while the really advanced magical books are locked and guarded, as are many temples hidden on the planes.

Recommended Reading:
Magic of the Future (Karl Welz)

Advanced Magick for Beginners (Alan Chapman)

Both Available in PDF download at Internet Archive.

Magic of the North Gate: Powers of the Land, the Stones and the Ancients (Josephine McCarthy)

Available PDF for download from quareia/text (.com)
Crow Clan
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 99
Spelled Number: 5000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hag
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me

Creation wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:52 am Hello, I am looking for someone who would like to be a Mentor and take on a student.
I am searching to develop more discipline and focus when working with Magick. I am looking to gain a better understanding of the basics. Develop a strong foundation, routine, and practice.
I wish you the best of good fortune in finding a mentor. They turn out to be a rather rare find, for a variety of reasons, most of which have to do with competence. It's the Old Occult Adage: Those who talk don't know; those who know don't talk.

Once. Some many years ago my wife and I traveled back to Japan to her hometown. I was excited to visit one of the Shinto temples. I had spent the better part of 10 to 15 years looking for a teacher, and every time I thought I found someone, it fell through. Anyway, the Shinto temples, among other trinkets, have these walls of hundreds of little boxes with fortunes written on small scrolls. I had been thinking for some weeks about asking "When Is my teacher coming?" That is all that I kept thinking about. The excitement built, upon expectation. When I got to the temple, I put my coins in the box, asked my question of when I would meet my teacher, then drew my scroll. I took it to my wife, who I asked to read it. She said, it says "No one is coming?" What kind of dumb ass fortune is that; besides who writes a fortune that says No one is coming?

I thought I would cry, and no one has ever, ever thought I was the crying type.

In the meantime, until you find your teacher, perhaps you could generate a conversation, here, on this forum by asking a question something like this:

I am thinking about doing [something], but I'm not quite sure how I should go about it. What do you guys think is a doable way for someone new to [magic/spirit keeping/psychic stuff] do about that?

For example:
1) I read that psychic defense it the most fundamental step in practicing magic or spell casting. What spells would you recommend for a beginner?
2) I am trying to figure out how to use magic to take control of my life. Could you guys tell me about how you use magic to achieve your immediate, short-term, and long-term goals?

See? That way you get a conversation going, where you can follow-up on responses and (hopefully) get a handful of guidance. Although, (and this is the cool part) you still have to reflect and experiment with those parts of the conversation you find resonate with you.
I believe directly working with another, more experienced, would support me with my goals and desires in Keeping.
I could be. It may also turn out to be a path down a dark alley, late at night, in a bad part of town. That's the paradox of not knowing what you don't know. Another Old Occult Adage: Make haste slowly.

If you really must have a teacher, you can PM me and I can give you a couple of references. But, I suggest the question and answer conversation approach outlined above.

Also, I have almost all of CH books. They have the virtue of being sublime, while being understandable, and practical.

I rooting for ya!

Recommended Reading:
Magic of the Future (Karl Welz)

Advanced Magick for Beginners (Alan Chapman)

Both Available in PDF download at Internet Archive.

Magic of the North Gate: Powers of the Land, the Stones and the Ancients (Josephine McCarthy)

Available PDF for download from quareia/text (.com)
Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Humans
Zodiac:

I believe directly working with another, more experienced, would support me with my goals and desires in Keeping. Being a loving Keeper and effective leader to my Keep is my long-term goal while improving my comfort along with connections to magick.
If it helps to know at this time, my keep size is under 50: Spirits, Entities, Immortals, and a Servitor. A strong and loyal community that has a lot of variety in multiple areas of magick.
Our current methods of communication are oracle cards, sensations, visions, and dream messages. I intend to move away from sensations to direct messages via clairaudience and/or telepathy.
Thank you.
This might be what you're looking for: CH's Paranormal 101 Book - The Foundation Class Of Everything You Need To Know - Link: https://shop.creepyhollows.com/paranormal-101-book.html

It's a quite comprehensive course, AND it was created by two reputable practitioners. I think this covers everything you mentioning you wanting to learn, in your original post. Please give it a look.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Szyvágr wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:25 am
Thank you.
This might be what you're looking for: CH's Paranormal 101 Book - The Foundation Class Of Everything You Need To Know - Link: https://shop.creepyhollows.com/paranormal-101-book.html

It's quite a comprehensive course, AND it was created by two reputable practitioners. I think this covers everything you mentioning you wanting to learn, in your original post. Please give it a look.
Crow Clan wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:01 am Also, I have almost all of CH books. They have the virtue of being sublime, while being understandable, and practical.
I second this!

In addition to the course that I linked to above, CH also have other products that I am can assist you, OP.

Including, but not limited to:
For the books, I took the liberty of adding the links to both the hardcover books and download only, just in case.

Like you see, CH has a ton of books and resources that can help you on your journey, when it comes to path of spirit keeping, and learning magick. Did I also mention that they are reputable practitioners?

Another excellent (and important!) resource is the CH Encyclopedia: https://www.creepyhollows.com/faq/?action=show&cat=13

0:)

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Correction:
Szyvágr wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:53 am For the books, I took the liberty of adding the links to both the paperback books and download copy only versions, just in case.

Szyvágr
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Corrected to avoid any misunderstandings/miscommunication:
Szyvágr wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:53 am In addition to the course that I linked to above, CH also have other products that I am sure can assist you, OP.

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

@Crow Clan the PM system is currently disabled for all members.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Return to “Message Board - Wanted/Classifieds”