new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 100
My magical/paranormal name...: Creation

Hello, I am looking for someone who would like to be a Mentor and take on a student.
I am searching to develop more discipline and focus when working with Magick. I am looking to gain a better understanding of the basics. Develop a strong foundation, routine, and practice.
I believe directly working with another, more experienced, would support me with my goals and desires in Keeping. Being a loving Keeper and effective leader to my Keep is my long-term goal while improving my comfort along with connections to magick.
If it helps to know at this time, my keep size is under 50: Spirits, Entities, Immortals, and a Servitor. A strong and loyal community that has a lot of variety in multiple areas of magick.
Our current methods of communication are oracle cards, sensations, visions, and dream messages. I intend to move away from sensations to direct messages via clairaudience and/or telepathy.
Thank you.

Anonymously anonymous
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I am willing to help as much as I can.

Redregon
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Unknown as of yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

If I may, what is it you're hoping to learn?

Creation
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 100
My magical/paranormal name...: Creation

Hello @Anonymously anonymous and @Redregon . Thank you both for the reply. Please excuse the late follow up.

I am really looking to gain a better understanding and practice of the basics of magick. To become comfortable and confident in it. Closes example I can think of is learning how to walk, before I can jog. I am currently too spontaneous and undisciplined. Lol. A mentor to set a consistent routine.

I can share some of my current understanding and experience at this time if it helps.

Redregon
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Creation wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:48 am Hello @Anonymously anonymous and @Redregon . Thank you both for the reply. Please excuse the late follow up.

I am really looking to gain a better understanding and practice of the basics of magick. To become comfortable and confident in it. Closes example I can think of is learning how to walk, before I can jog. I am currently too spontaneous and undisciplined. Lol. A mentor to set a consistent routine.

I can share some of my current understanding and experience at this time if it helps.
First thing that I could recommend is to make sure you're as mentally healthy as you can manage because this path will likely knock loose things you've been repressing. (So, build a network... friends, family (blood or bond), etc.

As for the lack of discipline, that's gonna be a challenge because a lot of the practices I learned and can share take a fair amount of discipline and stick-to-it-ness.

Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

You're not going to find an actual magical mentor here, only various members with their perspectives or advice. And be very careful with anyone out there offering to mentor you as a result of you asking around this way, or those who claim to offer mentoring in magic, it usually doesn't work like that and you could get yourself taken advantage of. Many people who present themselves as mentors, in fact most, have got ulterior motives.

Genuine mentorship usually comes together in a way that is more organic to your life-path/journey, a fated thing that can't be forced. Many do end up with mentors along the way of a magical path, but how it happens is itself magical and there is usually an exchange that is key to receiving everything you'd be taught, a responsibility on your end.

All of this is not to say that there aren't multiple sources where you can receive some education that are designated as educational sources, but that's impersonal and should encourage your independent attentiveness and studiousness.

A better approach for you right now, would be to understand how all students and levels of experience are in a sense mentoring each other, everyone is learning from everyone, and needed guidance will come from places you don't necessarily anticipate at a time.
Many people who want to share their personal expertise and experience have put out books on such subjects as the fundamentals of magic or metaphysics, myself included; there's a wealth of info out there from nearly all eras of magic, well-known and more obscure sources. You need to let yourself be guided to materials, soak them all up and see where you're drawn next.. that's how a path functions. Knowing yourself is important in how you carry on with it, because there is not a single standard of magical education. Everyone is on a different path and there is an inner calling that will ensure your path plays out the way it's meant to.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
Gray Mongrel
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 20
If I could be anything, I would be...: Werewolf
My magical/paranormal name...: Starling Dandelion
Zodiac:

Vipera aspis atra wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:47 pm You're not going to find an actual magical mentor here, only various members with their perspectives or advice. And be very careful with anyone out there offering to mentor you as a result of you asking around this way, or those who claim to offer mentoring in magic, it usually doesn't work like that and you could get yourself taken advantage of. Many people who present themselves as mentors, in fact most, have got ulterior motives.

Genuine mentorship usually comes together in a way that is more organic to your life-path/journey, a fated thing that can't be forced. Many do end up with mentors along the way of a magical path, but how it happens is itself magical and there is usually an exchange that is key to receiving everything you'd be taught, a responsibility on your end.

All of this is not to say that there aren't multiple sources where you can receive some education that are designated as educational sources, but that's impersonal and should encourage your independent attentiveness and studiousness.

A better approach for you right now, would be to understand how all students and levels of experience are in a sense mentoring each other, everyone is learning from everyone, and needed guidance will come from places you don't necessarily anticipate at a time.
Many people who want to share their personal expertise and experience have put out books on such subjects as the fundamentals of magic or metaphysics, myself included; there's a wealth of info out there from nearly all eras of magic, well-known and more obscure sources. You need to let yourself be guided to materials, soak them all up and see where you're drawn next.. that's how a path functions. Knowing yourself is important in how you carry on with it, because there is not a single standard of magical education. Everyone is on a different path and there is an inner calling that will ensure your path plays out the way it's meant to.
I know this is unrelated to the subject but I'd like to ask where can I find your books @Vipera aspis atra I'd be really interested to read them.

> she/they - enby <

8*8 Spirits
Star Angel, Astral Angel, Diwata Faery, Star Faery, Drac, Amphithere Dragon, Pearlscale Dragon, Psy Vampire, Gryphon, Volkh, Fylgia, Caladrius, Centicore, Hallow Hound, Kitsune, 3 Guides, 2 Wild Kingdom
8*8 Living Entities
Indigo Unicorn, Traherect, Marshaltuk Soulmate, Falwer-Niamstrum Soulmate, Uvok Twin, Ghiseul Twin
Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself

@Vipera aspis atra has written a great post here. I want to emphasize the importance of doing your own research and diving into a variety of sources for yourself.

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Redregon
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Oh absolutely, get as much information as you can before choosing a direction

I mean, I'm sure you can find pointers and insight here...

bravephoenix
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Better foundation to what? There's thousands of different magical systems out there that have all those things. I believe your request is too vague. Do you know what you want to do with your magic? My suggestion is: choose 1-2 topics that YOU want to learn, then read everything you can about the topic. Experiment with different approaches, see what works for you, journal your progress, etc.. Mentoring will only get you so far and may not be catered towards your paradigms and approach. Just my two cents.

Return to “Message Board - Wanted/Classifieds”