Must visit shops in New Orleans?

Post your experiences with eBay sellers.
SilverNight
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djin
If I could be anything, I would be...: unstoppable
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Silver (they/them)

I'm going to New Orleans in a few weeks and wondering if anyone can suggest any must see occult shops or practitioners?

Hazell
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Magical girl✨
Zodiac:

The Boutique du Vampyre shop is a fun one to visit in New Orleans. I also enjoyed the Hex Old World Witchery shop. My mom had an informative reading there and I was able to select some spell supplies. I also recommend stopping in Marie Laveau’s House of Voodoo shop.

foxxyeclipse
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

i bought my friend some fertility charm bags from Lady Mimi Lansou of Esoterica Occult Goods and she got pregnant for the first time at the age of 43. prior to this she had multiple failed IVF. but be warned that she's notorious for having bad customer service and not being fond of tourists (which i was). another friend who went to her store got shouted at for looking around lol apparently she's known for this type of behaviour. but hey, her charm bags work. i got one crown of success bag and some oils for work and it literally got rid of a group of people who gave me a hard time at work.

but do note that this was like maybe 6 years ago? i haven't bought any from her since. so if you plan on going there, just thicken your skin, and don't ask too many questions lol

Ainsi sera, groigne qui groigne
Vipera aspis atra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a master
Zodiac:

foxxyeclipse wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:04 am i bought my friend some fertility charm bags from Lady Mimi Lansou of Esoterica Occult Goods and she got pregnant for the first time at the age of 43. prior to this she had multiple failed IVF. but be warned that she's notorious for having bad customer service and not being fond of tourists (which i was). another friend who went to her store got shouted at for looking around lol apparently she's known for this type of behaviour. but hey, her charm bags work. i got one crown of success bag and some oils for work and it literally got rid of a group of people who gave me a hard time at work.

but do note that this was like maybe 6 years ago? i haven't bought any from her since. so if you plan on going there, just thicken your skin, and don't ask too many questions lol

Yeah, she's rude and I would say it's not only tourists but those she presumes are tourists/has never met. That alone, isn't such a big deal when you understand how obnoxious some tourists can be at high-traffic travel destinations.
However, she also didn't appear to know what she was talking about regarding certain topics - what she was trying to school me on regarding flying ointment was not accurate if you are well versed in the various plants and what impact they have, I'm even more confident of that at this point in my practice.. she had the same old story everybody knows with a bit of reading but nothing of more value to me personally. The know-it-all-ism was strong with that one - at least on that day. I never had the occasion to return. But I've met a lot of people like her in the occult/metaphysical communities.

In saying this, as a general rule - someone's strongly differing 'experience' and personality does not necessarily mean what they have to sell isn't worth it or that they don't have magic. It's more about what you're drawn to and/or how it finds you. Then if it works it works. My stop in there was also several years ago, when I was living in the area.

"There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it."
—Oscar Wilde
SilverNight
new here
new here

Thanks so much for the suggestions!

SilverNight
new here
new here

foxxyeclipse wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:04 am i bought my friend some fertility charm bags from Lady Mimi Lansou of Esoterica Occult Goods and she got pregnant for the first time at the age of 43. prior to this she had multiple failed IVF. but be warned that she's notorious for having bad customer service and not being fond of tourists (which i was). another friend who went to her store got shouted at for looking around lol apparently she's known for this type of behaviour. but hey, her charm bags work. i got one crown of success bag and some oils for work and it literally got rid of a group of people who gave me a hard time at work.

You were right about her customer service lol. But she seemed to know her stuff.

foxxyeclipse
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

SilverNight wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:28 pm
You were right about her customer service lol. But she seemed to know her stuff.
LOL i take it you've been there on her "off" day? did you get her gris gris bags? her oils and gris gris bags were the only things i bought from her store. but there's better practitioners out there who can deliver results sans the histrionics.

Ainsi sera, groigne qui groigne
SilverNight
new here
new here

foxxyeclipse wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:42 pm
SilverNight wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:28 pm
LOL i take it you've been there on her "off" day? did you get her gris gris bags? her oils and gris gris bags were the only things i bought from her store. but there's better practitioners out there who can deliver results sans the histrionics.
Yea I got a couple of gris gris bags.

Return to “Seller Review”