MYTHOS (The Greek Myths Retold)

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
Anonymously anonymous
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Ouuu this looks like it will be a good series. I think you were the person I was talking to about speaking Greek. I am in the middle of learning Greek, and if I remember correctly you said you speak it or something of the sorts. My best friend is from Greece, and we want to visit each other at some point. I would love to read this!

ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

:) yes, that is me. I am far from fluency though ... More like reading Greek, the (Koine) ancient type that I taught myself. You'll love this series if you like Greek Mytoses.
Anonymously anonymous wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:51 pm Ouuu this looks like it will be a good series. I think you were the person I was talking to about speaking Greek. I am in the middle of learning Greek, and if I remember correctly you said you speak it or something of the sorts. My best friend is from Greece, and we want to visit each other at some point. I would love to read this!

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

ASTER wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:25 pm Wonderful to have you on board @Lewk . I was hoping that you'll come by offering your valued knowledge & 'fill in the gap'. Greatly appreciate it, thank you.
Have you read his books? He has a style of creative writing method that actually fully engaging to the mind and because of his dialogues in it, comes accross like a movie. I have a very visually vired brain, not only for psychic matters but for reading too. I find this kind of written style of his reach in picturial & educational, especially when it's comes to history /legendary motifs and books like this. Story telling is a gift and it's not easy to tell a story when it's a written one.
He's not a go-to author for me. I prefer authors who are more into the spiritual resonance of the Greek myths, for example.

I think the first I read was by Robert Graves. Then the Larousse Encyclopedia of Mythology. Then Practical Greek Magic by Murry Hope (which has of course some of the relevant myth, and it's by an initiated author).

There are of course variations on the myths even from ancient Greek times, which seem contradictory on some points. And translations are always just best efforts to understand what each ancient author wrote. There's also the issue of which texts reflect the earliest/original works. None are a perfectly clear window for the reader into the spiritual truths behind the myths. To grasp that, I think we also need to apply good intuition plus ideally also have some access to initiated tradition.

If someone develops a taste for Greek myth after reading Stephen Fry's book, I suspect it's not a bad idea to then go on to read good translations of the classical authors, eg Homer, see

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_mythology

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]

Return to “Books & Literature”