MYTHOS (The Greek Myths Retold)

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

This book is a Christmas present and I honestly hardly able to put it off. I am probably reading about this topic deeply for the first time. Love this book and insightful descriptive easy to read yet mind grabbing & exiting pages full of surprises and turns of all its characters and Immortals. I am almost half way through ... I don't have that much time on my hand as I am still on holiday and in my second week of travelling. But after dinner, each night so far I have been reading for hours and it does bring me into ancient Greece.
Last edited by ASTER on Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

ASTER wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:29 am Image

This book is a Christmas present and I honestly hardly able to put it off. I am probably reading about this topic deeply for the first time. Love this book and insightful descriptive easy to read yet mind grabbing & exiting pages full of surprises and turns of all its characters and Immortals. I am almost half way through ... I don't have that much time on my hand as I am still on holiday and in my second week of travelling. But after dinner, each night so far I have been reading for hours and it does bring me into ancient Greece.
Oh wow ASTER! This book really looks like something I too would enjoy reading!

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

There's also more books in the same category series.

I just bought the Kindle version of the 2nd book 'Heroes '.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

ASTER wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:03 am There's also more books in the same category series.

I just bought the Kindle version of the 2nd book 'Heroes '.
LOVE it ASTER!

Let us know you final thoughts once you've read them. <3

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

This seems like an intriguing read, ASTER! I'll need to add this to my wishlist on Amazon. I've always held an interest in Greek mythology, and having many past lives connected to it only amplifies this interest. I often wonder if we could cross-verify certain aspects or events with a Greek immortal, particularly stories correlated with them. I've never attempted this before, so I may receive gentle reprimands or sighs accompanied by clarifications. Lol. That would certainly make for an interesting experience.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

This is exactly why I am so keen on reading this books. Because, of my spirit keeping plus Greek Goddesses interest and Jupiter my magickal name corresponds with Aster was given to me by Mag & Ash. I Just past reading about the Charita, Gordon, now at the section of Psyche ... Jupiter / Zeus is my drawing point to get to know my Immortal for the first time 😂.

There's interpretations and notes of explanations in the pages to help us understand things in the book. God terminology (so to speak) written for us to help with the book contents an easier time while shaw it through into our "narrow minds" 😂 which I am certainly 🤨 have. There's famous artist 🎨 pictures included in the book, also a a map and a family tree about primordial bloodlines via all the Immortals first and second generations.

I am usually a very fast reader and often scamming through pages generally that is not of my interest. With this book, I don't scam at all. I go back and forth to understand everything and I have noticed often I stop reading, & I actually check within for insights and validation.

Reading this book is an entire different experience for me from the usual ... although few times I lost patience with my self over of loosing focus, which means I'll be reading this book again for future digging and digesting ... I do wholeheartedly recommend this book to everyone.
Tarvos wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:46 pm

This seems like an intriguing read, ASTER! I'll need to add this to my wishlist on Amazon. I've always held an interest in Greek mythology, and having many past lives connected to it only amplifies this interest. I often wonder if we could cross-verify certain aspects or events with a Greek immortal, particularly stories correlated with them. I've never attempted this before, so I may receive gentle reprimands or sighs accompanied by clarifications. Lol. That would certainly make for an interesting experience.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Zaman7
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Oh Stephen Fry! He is an actor, director, prolific writer among other things. He’s the one narrating Harry Potter novels. He is such a controversial figure but I know these book series are great.
I first got to know about the books when there was a discussion about them at The Graham Norton Show, with Stephen sitting next to Nicole Kidman, no less lol
I think there’s a video about this segment. Worth a watch if you want to get a glimpse of his reasoning for writing them.

Lucy. Aslan. Tumnus. ~❤️
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

Thanks @Zaman7 and yes, controversial is for sure. When I got this book, I looked up the author and I remembered my thoughts ... WHAT! Bipolar ... but because it's Greek mythos and Christmas gift, I put aside my assumption and stopped judging the book by its cover 😂. Luckily that I didn't put it down because so far it's a very good read.
Zaman7 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:30 pm Oh Stephen Fry! He is an actor, director, prolific writer among other things. He’s the one narrating Harry Potter novels. He is such a controversial figure but I know these book series are great.
I first got to know about the books when there was a discussion about them at The Graham Norton Show, with Stephen sitting next to Nicole Kidman, no less lol
I think there’s a video about this segment. Worth a watch if you want to get a glimpse of his reasoning for writing them.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

ASTER wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:52 pm Thanks @Zaman7 and yes, controversial is for sure. When I got this book, I looked up the author and I remembered my thoughts ... WHAT! Bipolar ... but because it's Greek mythos and Christmas gift, I put aside my assumption and stopped judging the book by its cover 😂. Luckily that I didn't put it down because so far it's a very good read.
Stephen Fry for me is a very witty, erudite & intelligent British celebrity. Despite having been at times angrily, publicly against organised religion beliefs & bitterly critical of those who believe in new age 'woo woo' - he has been a prominent British Humanist - he does seem to have a genuine fondness for the Greek myths. And they are special. They're somehow at the core of what led to modern, Western culture.

That's how I think of Stephen Fry, in terms of controversy. The British public took him into their hearts many years ago.

I think the bitterness of his previously expressed opposition to spiritual & psychic beliefs etc may be due at least in part to his bipolar experiences. I've watched documentaries in which he talked openly about seeing angels etc when extremely manic. I think he may well have categorised belief in such things as being on a par with those delusions. Like the famous evolutionary biologist (and prominent Humanist) Richard Dawkins - author of The God Delusion - has. Stephen Fry's attitude may have mellowed with time though.

While I'm on the topic of humanists: I'm not against humanists per se - their right to freedom of belief is equal to mine. I just prefer the ones who don't slag off us every chance they get (as Dawkins kind of has). I wouldn't say some of my best friends are Humanists but I have for many years known a prominent one in my city region, who runs the local Humanists group. They're quite ecumenical and invite speakers from other belief systems. In fact I once gave them a talk on Paganism - and was listened to respectfully, in fact. Not slagged off once.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member

Wonderful to have you on board @Lewk . I was hoping that you'll come by offering your valued knowledge & 'fill in the gap'. Greatly appreciate it, thank you.
Have you read his books? He has a style of creative writing method that actually fully engaging to the mind and because of his dialogues in it, comes accross like a movie. I have a very visually vired brain, not only for psychic matters but for reading too. I find this kind of written style of his reach in picturial & educational, especially when it's comes to history /legendary motifs and books like this. Story telling is a gift and it's not easy to tell a story when it's a written one.

Lewk wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:59 pm
ASTER wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:52 pm Thanks @Zaman7 and yes, controversial is for sure. When I got this book, I looked up the author and I remembered my thoughts ... WHAT! Bipolar ... but because it's Greek mythos and Christmas gift, I put aside my assumption and stopped judging the book by its cover 😂. Luckily that I didn't put it down because so far it's a very good read.
Stephen Fry for me is a very witty, erudite & intelligent British celebrity. Despite having been at times angrily, publicly against organised religion beliefs & bitterly critical of those who believe in new age 'woo woo' - he has been a prominent British Humanist - he does seem to have a genuine fondness for the Greek myths. And they are special. They're somehow at the core of what led to modern, Western culture.

That's how I think of Stephen Fry, in terms of controversy. The British public took him into their hearts many years ago.

I think the bitterness of his previously expressed opposition to spiritual & psychic beliefs etc may be due at least in part to his bipolar experiences. I've watched documentaries in which he talked openly about seeing angels etc when extremely manic. I think he may well have categorised belief in such things as being on a par with those delusions. Like the famous evolutionary biologist (and prominent Humanist) Richard Dawkins - author of The God Delusion - has. Stephen Fry's attitude may have mellowed with time though.

While I'm on the topic of humanists: I'm not against humanists per se - their right to freedom of belief is equal to mine. I just prefer the ones who don't slag off us every chance they get (as Dawkins kind of has). I wouldn't say some of my best friends are Humanists but I have for many years known a prominent one in my city region, who runs the local Humanists group. They're quite ecumenical and invite speakers from other belief systems. In fact I once gave them a talk on Paganism - and was listened to respectfully, in fact. Not slagged off once.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Return to “Books & Literature”