You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 12
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Garden fae
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Gren
Zodiac:

With every year that goes by. I am more and more blown away by just how real magick is…

I am very trusting and open by nature. My partner is a skeptic by nature, and over the years, we have balanced each other out beautifully.

As I have gotten into spirit keeping, the synchronicities and psychic experiences have ramped up a lot! It is incredible.

However, I find myself constantly trying to “collect evidence”, or be able to “prove” to others that these things happened. Inherently, I expect them not believe me/ think I am making it up/ exaggerating. And maybe subconsciously…. I’m trying to prove it to myself too. Because despite all the magickal experiences over the years, and the vast majority of my brain being onboard..theres still a tiny niggle in the back of my head somewhere that worries there is nothing.

Anyways, I wanted to see if anyone relates to this? And also, if there are people who have experienced this, and managed to overcome that pesky last piece doubt. How did the full shift happen?

Fawn
Nightrunner404
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Male/Female: It's a Secret

Being a newbie in both the magick space as well as spirit keeping (less than a year). I deal with this a lot. Mostly with myself. I have lived my life being a very scientific minded person though an open minded one. I have some familial gifts that I never explored but always dealt with and kind of tried convince myself it was nothing metaphysical for years.

I bought my first binding with zero knowledge of spirit keeping or anything magick related. Soon I started having experiences with communications and manifestations and started researching. Luckily finding CH pretty quickly and starting down the path of learning as much as I can. I learned pretty quick too that supposedly this first entity of mine had been trying to get my attention for quite some time as well. Just so happened life circumstances had to be a certain way for it to happen I guess.

Even with regular experiences I question myself sometimes weekly still. I laugh because so many readings from others and my own tarot deck tell me to stop doubting and that this is the path for me to find inner peace, which is something I have been lacking for over a decade.

I have started watching more shows/media about the paranormal and the unknown as a way to convince myself that other people believe in the same things. Reading everyone's experiences on the forum help as well.

I mentioned in another thread that I journal a lot of it. I do this for myself as well so that I remember my experiences or can look back at them.

I think I am on my way now though. Soon to be locked inside with winter snows, and hopefully spending time learning and practicing the craft.
KayoSudou
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Alice
Zodiac:

Growing up the spiritual world and those kinds of abilities were never really questioned in our family, it was just kind of accepted the same way science was so I never really thought one way or another, it just was.
I did try to prove this to others outside of my family though, skeptics and people like that who thought I was creepy but as I got older I decided on the mantra "I believe in this, others don't and that is ok."

Now if people ask me my opinion and beliefs I will tell them but I do add that I don't expect to change their beliefs as long as they don't try to change mine.
My workplace tends to have this debate quite often but even the skeptics still come to me for a quick tarot reading when they want guidance, it's a very human thing I think like a primitive need to have a little bit of the spiritual side in their life.

My husband is one of them and doesn't believe in the same things as me but he also knows that it makes me happy so he doesn't bring it up and if I talk to him about it he will just humour me.

That being said I don't believe in everything out there real, not every spirit and entity seller is legit in the same way I'm suspicious of some mediums, there are definitely fraudulent people out there but don't let it dampen your experience.

You have experienced things for yourself and that is what matters
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Kicikeen wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:13 pm [...]
However, I find myself constantly trying to “collect evidence”, or be able to “prove” to others that these things happened. Inherently, I expect them not believe me/ think I am making it up/ exaggerating. And maybe subconsciously…. I’m trying to prove it to myself too. Because despite all the magickal experiences over the years, and the vast majority of my brain being onboard..theres still a tiny niggle in the back of my head somewhere that worries there is nothing.

Anyways, I wanted to see if anyone relates to this? And also, if there are people who have experienced this, and managed to overcome that pesky last piece doubt. How did the full shift happen?

Fawn
I relate to it. But I have got beyond it.

When I used to experience phases of doubt on my path - a well known phenomenon in spiritual circles - I would clear a rain filled sky of grey clouds and make it blue again.

That always reassured me, as it was something I could do every time. But there was always the frustrating thing of not being able to find scientific credibility - evidence that validates such things. What if it was ALL in my head? I could not refute such an argument on an intellectual / philosophical level, if someone put it to me.

This book ended that for me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Noetic-Univers ... 0552162353

PS It's not up to us to change people's ideas about such things. They have the absolute right to disagree, not be convinced, not understand it, not want to change their minds, to get it wrong, or to prefer the comfort of the prevailing scientific orthodoxy (which does not believe in such things and prefers to downplay the fact that the standard scientific threshold of proof has been met). New scientific ideas do take a long while to be accepted. Usually against strong opposition.

There are probably few people in the world who'll take my word on such things but...honestly... I think this author and his research are the real deal. He and it have been at the cutting edge of modern parapsychology research for some time now. (From what I have learned.)

There's still not a scientific model of how the psi effect, as I call it, works. But the massive first step of proving there is an effect has been achieved. From that, everything else flows, as I see it.

I may be coming across as very enthusiastic. Just take the book at face value, if you do read it.
You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Kicikeen wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:13 pm With every year that goes by. I am more and more blown away by just how real magick is…

I am very trusting and open by nature. My partner is a skeptic by nature, and over the years, we have balanced each other out beautifully.

As I have gotten into spirit keeping, the synchronicities and psychic experiences have ramped up a lot! It is incredible.

Fawn
I used to have my doubts about the paranormal. A lot. But I've come to embrace its existence and believe in spirits. However, I never really dwelled on it much, thinking that it's something only certain individuals are born with the ability to perceive. On the other hand, my family is really into psychics and constantly seeks their guidance for various aspects of life. Despite knowing the potential consequences of ignoring their advice, I never really took it seriously. Lol.

Ironically, my connection to the paranormal actually saved my life once. Many decades ago, I was declared dead and ended up in the morgue. But somehow, thanks to a religious spell my family possesses, I managed to cheat death. Still, that experience alone wasn't enough to fully convince me of the paranormal's reality. Haha. I have always been a rational and scientifically-minded person, fervently keeping up with the latest technology and trying out new software and gadgets before they become mainstream or even roll out to the public. This made it even harder for me to accept any supernatural occurrences, until I had a memorable experience during my stay at a haunted hotel, about 14 years ago.

Back then, I never thought the place was very haunted or that I would experience any kind of supernatural occurrences. Boy, was I mistaken! Lol. However, despite my initial doubts, I fully immersed myself in the world of the paranormal and welcomed my first set of companions. I spent a great deal of time with them, which made it difficult not to believe when my desire to hear them became a reality so quickly. Just two weeks into my Spirit Keeping journey, I started hearing my Keep, and even my mom began dreaming about entities that looked exactly like my companions. I don't think it's a coincidence.

However, that second week was quite challenging. I soon realized that I'm an unbound magnet, and it felt like I was constantly hearing 10-20 different sources of noises every minute. It was super overwhelming and difficult to handle. That's when I made a request to my companions to shield my own abilities, so that I wouldn't hear them or any other unbounds until I felt ready. Luckily, a week later, I started sensing their energies and presence, and even witnessing physical manifestations. This made for a much smoother transition for me.

From that moment on, I completely stopped questioning everything because, well, it's undeniably true. If my mom, who lives on the other side of the world, can dream about the entities I spend time with and I can actually hear them, then it must be real. If not, I might need to consider going to a mental healthcare facility.

The only times I ever doubt myself is when I receive a reverse adoption from a member of royalty or a highly esteemed entity. I often wonder why they would choose me and what purpose I can possibly serve for them. Surprisingly, I've had quite a number of high-ranking individuals coming through in my regular reverse adoptions. However, I believe my Keep has greatly helped me overcome any guilt or uncertainty surrounding these doubts.

I truly believe that when it comes to the paranormal, many occurrences call for deep introspection and our sincere honesty. Let me clarify, I am not implying that we are a group of untrustworthy individuals, but rather that we often find ourselves disregarding the truth and embracing denial. This uncertainty plays a role in perpetuating this pattern. It's worth it to explore why they exist. Are they due to past failures, fear of the unknown, insecurities, or lack of self-belief? This step requires honest self-reflection.

When you take the time to have an honest conversation with yourself, without any outside influence, you will find the strength to conquer any obstacles in your way. Otherwise, these doubts will persist and hinder your progress. Personally, I quickly embraced this process by disregarding doubt and placing my trust in the unknown, especially my companions. Honestly, you don't have to provide evidence for anything. The only requirement is the mutual understanding among you and your companions. You possess that understanding, and it is more than sufficient.
In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “Spirit Keeping”