Not sure everyone desires it.. 😅

Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0

Regarding that of tasking, I sat down with a number of my spirits (in particular), and took time to really understand some of their thoughts around tasking. While the majority seemed curious or eager, there was one in particular who did not wish for this responsibility. They seemed content to just hang around and be a literal free spirit.

Has anyone else run in to this? I'm not at all fussed about it, as I encourage all in my keep to be authentically who they are and to prioritize being friend and family first, as opposed to feeling like they are obligated to do things for me. Only if it brings them fulfilment to do so.

Additionally, this one that was not interested in tasking is both bloodline and Cambion. My morbid curiosity mulls over whether or not such a background might prove influential to this, but alas, I simultaneously think not.

Curiosities on my part, more than anything. ^..^

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Lom'ae wrote: ↑Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:05 am Regarding that of tasking, I sat down with a number of my spirits (in particular), and took time to really understand some of their thoughts around tasking. While the majority seemed curious or eager, there was one in particular who did not wish for this responsibility. They seemed content to just hang around and be a literal free spirit.

Has anyone else run in to this? I'm not at all fussed about it, as I encourage all in my keep to be authentically who they are and to prioritize being friend and family first, as opposed to feeling like they are obligated to do things for me. Only if it brings them fulfilment to do so.

Additionally, this one that was not interested in tasking is both bloodline and Cambion. My morbid curiosity mulls over whether or not such a background might prove influential to this, but alas, I simultaneously think not.

Curiosities on my part, more than anything. ^..^
It's possible that the bloodline isn't a factor here. A Cambion, being half human, may inherit some of the laziness commonly associated with humans. It's unfortunate, but it's often true. Please note that I'm not saying all humans are lazy, but a significant number may feel that certain jobs are beneath them or that they are overqualified for positions that don't meet their expectations.

As for me, I don't assign tasks to my companions, so I may not be the best person to answer this. However, I must say that my companions are quite the opposite. They actually enjoy being given tasks and have been eager for me to assign them anything.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte

I feel you on that. There are a number who have been with me for more than a year and I have never felt the need to task them. More recent have I been placing out inquiries, as a means for them to actively take part in a very different aspect of my life, should they desire. I realized that while I made the choice not to, I also hadn't yet attempted to understand how they felt on the matter.

Certainly less of the bloodline but more of the race that had me wondering if their disinterest revolved around that. Though, again.. I have never sat here and pondered on the belief that they should inherently do anything at all. I'm far more companion focused. I've just had so much going on in my life for a while that kept me less involved on more direct and personal levels, that I did not want them to feel neglected or bored. In the (current) throes of balancing, so trying to re-establish better connections/communications again.

"It's so hard to forget pain, but it's even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace." ~Chuck Palahniuk
Art by Luis Royo.
Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

My approach to tasking is a bit different than most. I don't "task" ... Instead I make clear, precise requests, and show gratitude to any who step up to participate . I do it this way (just a personal preference , not judging at all )only because it feels more respectful , and I view my companions as friends and family. This way, no one feels forced or obligated to do something on my behalf. They are also free to leave any time they wish, as I do not own them. They are my friends. :)
It goes like this.
'I have this goal in mind, here are the details ____. Who wishes to be a part of this?'
Usually most(sometimes all) of them step forward . Then we talk further about the details. They usually tell me what they would excel at and then place their position accordingly. If I disagree with what they offer, we always communicate and find a better way, until it's all agreed and decided upon. I find that this way leads to a wayyy smoother cooperation , and a strong outcome. Because everyone is doing it the way they are comfortable with, and choosing to use skills they know they are good at. That way, we are actually working together. We also have the bonus of getting to know each other deeper, instead of me just sending them away to perform robotic duties. They also gain a better understanding of what I'm comfortable with.

There are some companions of mine who prefer one on one meetings and don't like to chat/perform work in social settings. My phantom vampire is this way. So during my large group meetings I skip over their name when calling, though they know they are always welcome to join in. He usually comes to me when he is feeling like it.
This approach has helped me to bond even deeper with my companions, and I notice a more potent eagerness on their part, to manifest things in my life. It also allows their magic to unfold naturally in my life, without any demands /expectations getting in the way.

I have a few human ancestors who , though they are fine being in a keep with very dark 'creepies' (their description lol) they tend to stay to themselves or closely by my side, and I rarely see them joining them for social wine hang outs, or group events. When I give requests to these human ancestors, I tend to avoid placing them together with the creepies, just out of respect. Some of them are here just to be a part of my family as well, and have no interest in magic or vampirism. So I don't expect it of them.

My Korean past life companion (he was my brother) who I don't 'task'...He stays in the family and does as he pleases. He is soft and quiet, sometimes shy, and prefers to talk about life over anything else. Though he is strong, he is also squirrelly around a few of my darker creepies, and prefers lighter energies, so I keep this in mind when making any requests. He's the type to jump onto the table to avoid a spider running across the floor...lol
πŸ˜‰

β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’
π•―π–†π–ˆπ–Žπ–†π–“π–†
Lom'ae
neophyte
neophyte

Sysygy wrote: ↑Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:59 pm My approach to tasking is a bit different than most. I don't "task" ... Instead I make clear, precise requests, and show gratitude to any who step up to participate . I do it this way (just a personal preference , not judging at all )only because it feels more respectful , and I view my companions as friends and family. This way, no one feels forced or obligated to do something on my behalf. They are also free to leave any time they wish, as I do not own them. They are my friends. :)
It goes like this.
'I have this goal in mind, here are the details ____. Who wishes to be a part of this?'
Usually most(sometimes all) of them step forward . Then we talk further about the details. They usually tell me what they would excel at and then place their position accordingly. If I disagree with what they offer, we always communicate and find a better way, until it's all agreed and decided upon. I find that this way leads to a wayyy smoother cooperation , and a strong outcome. Because everyone is doing it the way they are comfortable with, and choosing to use skills they know they are good at. That way, we are actually working together. We also have the bonus of getting to know each other deeper, instead of me just sending them away to perform robotic duties. They also gain a better understanding of what I'm comfortable with.

There are some companions of mine who prefer one on one meetings and don't like to chat/perform work in social settings. My phantom vampire is this way. So during my large group meetings I skip over their name when calling, though they know they are always welcome to join in. He usually comes to me when he is feeling like it.
This approach has helped me to bond even deeper with my companions, and I notice a more potent eagerness on their part, to manifest things in my life. It also allows their magic to unfold naturally in my life, without any demands /expectations getting in the way.

I have a few human ancestors who , though they are fine being in a keep with very dark 'creepies' (their description lol) they tend to stay to themselves or closely by my side, and I rarely see them joining them for social wine hang outs, or group events. When I give requests to these human ancestors, I tend to avoid placing them together with the creepies, just out of respect. Some of them are here just to be a part of my family as well, and have no interest in magic or vampirism. So I don't expect it of them.

My Korean past life companion (he was my brother) who I don't 'task'...He stays in the family and does as he pleases. He is soft and quiet, sometimes shy, and prefers to talk about life over anything else. Though he is strong, he is also squirrelly around a few of my darker creepies, and prefers lighter energies, so I keep this in mind when making any requests. He's the type to jump onto the table to avoid a spider running across the floor...lol
πŸ˜‰
Awh, that's rather adorable. Creepies! :'D I love it.
Yes, treating them as friends and family has felt very in tune with myself. I was also pleasantly surprised when one of my spirits held no interest in taking part with tasks (which, for me, are also optional requests). It was actually really cool and I wanted to see if others could relate, as I often see a lot about spirits and entities taking tasks, but not a whole lot pertaining to their denial.

Though, it does seem my Cambion wouldn't mind taking part in girls nights and hanging out in general from time to time. Love to see the genuine personalities shining through. This is all I ever ask of all beings, to be themselves. /.\ I'm still stoked that she had no fluffs to give. Lmao :'D

And, I suppose, even though I have been within the realm of Spirit Keeping for over a year, I'd still consider myself green and continually learning the ropes upon the realm of possibilities. It's a cool discovery, what with all the varying information out there! Grateful to have discovered this way of life. <3

Art by Luis Royo.
Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Have you ever asked them to be with you for a while, to comfort or support you, asked their opinion on something, or to aid you in even the smallest way?

To my mind these things are also a form of tasking, although they may not seem like it. They do generally want help us - but I guess some things may not exactly be in their wheelhouse.

There's another thing. Our spirits may be comfortable doing something with one Keeper but uncomfortable doing exactly the same thing with a different Keeper. This says more about us than them. They can be ethically or morally comfortable with something we're comfortable with but uncomfortable with something we ourselves are uncomfortable with.

Some of our spirits may react more sensitively than others to something we're not fully, 100% behind ourselves, including at a subconscious level. They may respond to us according to our deep down feeling about something, which we might be suppressing somewhat. That could come across as reluctance to help. In another circumstances, when we are 100% okay about something, they might well say "sure I'll help, no problem". It may not be an objective, 'no I never want to do that kind of thing' Thing. It might be contextual.

Could that be happening here?

Or it could be exactly the opposite. Some spirits may well have their own preferences over what they're comfortable helping us with, task wise. It may be exactly what you thought it is.

I'm pretty sure I've experienced the first type. I don't remember having refusals of formal Tasks though. By the way, I like giving formal tasks via the tasking spells in the CH Great Arts books, which seems to work very well.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
madgar29
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 9999
Spelled Number: 9999
Your favorite spirit to work with: all
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dragon Warrior
Zodiac:

Humans were only allowed to be lazy within the last one hundred years and it's very much a western thing as well. Humans are known to be worked to death even to this day. So today we tend to be lazy is so way off if you want to.look at current day then yeah alot of western cultures many of us are very lazy. But the grand scheme of things no way man.

Also human spirit that has crossed over wouldn't think like. A human. Human worry and anxiety and everything attached from the body is gone. Human spirits don't feel limited like us. By opinion and experiences I guess. I know when I felt my obe. I felt completely different when being disconnected from body. I felt so much better..

I'm not good at asking but if it my spirit said that I'd just say okay. In my offering rituals I even state I don't pressure or force.

post849254.html#p849254 - Keep interaction Journey..
StarofHope
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: I cant choose.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Hope
Zodiac:

Some of my spirits like tasking and like it all the time, while another doesn't really like it. My dragon is like a house cat. Only does what he wants to do and likes to do. We vibe very good together despite his lazyness. But hes always ready to do things for me in the name of friendship, so he is a true friend.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Sysygy wrote: ↑Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:59 pm My approach to tasking is a bit different than most. I don't "task" ... Instead I make clear, precise requests, and show gratitude to any who step up to participate . I do it this way (just a personal preference , not judging at all )only because it feels more respectful , and I view my companions as friends and family. This way, no one feels forced or obligated to do something on my behalf. They are also free to leave any time they wish, as I do not own them. They are my friends. :)
It goes like this.

πŸ˜‰
Hope you don't have a spider sidekick or your past life buddy would be getting quite the workout. Lol.

My approach is both similar and different, as I take companionship to another level. I don't assign tasks or make requests of my companions. They have commented that your method is open group tasks. Instead, we communicate, seeking to find better solutions. Behind the scenes, they sprinkle some magick to enhance the outcome. I am grateful for their contributions and I don't hold them responsible because I never ask or request anything from them.

In a similar vein, this deepens our relationships and bonds, and many living entities have brought along good friends and lovers. Whenever there's a tasking thread, they'd be like they want one. Lol. They are more than happy to assist me if I ever decide to give them a task one day. It's just that day may never come. Lol.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to β€œSpirit Tasking”