neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Hellhound & Werewolf
If I could be anything, I would be...: Lampades
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Amarantha Lux

I have recently been wanting to bring in some human spirits. I came across a Bhoot/Bhut and a Larvae.. There is basically nothing in this forum about either other than one post questioning how human spirits turn into bhoots or larvae (which still absolutely confuses me) so all I had to go off of was what it says on the shop listing and encyclopedia and the lore of them found on google. While what I have read makes them sound a bit terrifying but it also sounds very sad.. So I decided to give it a go anyways.. After all unhappy spirits need a home too.. I had been trying to prepare myself for sad or angry spirits who had a tragic or unexpected death and how that could possibly have an effect on my own emotions and state of mind. However the description I have received for both is completely the opposite of what I was expecting.

Bhut/Bhoot
MALE, C, HE IS A CAPTIVATING AND ATTENTIVE FRIEND WHO WILL HELP YOU WORK WITH PROTECTIVE TALENTS AND POWER. HE IS ACTIVE, STRONG, COURAGEOUS, ATTENTIVE, AND HE WILL HELP YOU WORK WITH PROTECTIVE MEASURES AND CONNECTIONS WITH MAGICK. HE IS A VISIONARY WHO WILL TEACH YOU TO WORK WITH FOCUS, DETERMINATION, AND RELIANCE OF SELF-EXPLORATION. HE WAS A PRACTITIONER OF MAGICK DURING HIS LIFETIME AND HE WAS A CREATIVE CONJURER AND MAGICKAL TEACHER. HE WAS WELL-RESPECTED AND HONORABLE.

Larvae
FEMALE, A, SHE IS A LIGHT OF POWER AND MAGICK FOR DIVINE ENERGIES AND MYSTICISM. SHE IS A CAPTIVATING AND ENERGETIC GUIDE WHO WILL TOUCH UPON YOUR MYSTICAL GIFTS AND TALENTS. SHE IS A CHATTY, FRIENDLY, AND BOLD COMPANION OF MANY TALENTS

WHHHHATTT?? I wonder if a mistake was made and they gave me different spirits because these two sound like the sweetest things lol
There is a prebound Bhoot in the shop and he sounds like a very angry dude.. I knew he was not for me when I seen he was a politician and he was just straight up mean in life.. Not a sad story of a tragic death.. (link below)

https://shop.creepyhollows.com/bhoot-sp ... pliro.html

Anyways I can't wait to spend more time with these two and learn more about them.. Actually I have a ton of new spirits to get to know... I went a little crazy with that last sale..
There is something else I noticed while entering all their information into my spirit journal. Every spirit seems to help with some type of magic or mysticism. Is it like that for everyone? Are there no spirits out there that are absolutely clueless when it comes to magick and all they can offer is companionship?

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Every spirit that I have gotten from CH seems to help with some form of magick. I think it may have to do with the conjurers on CH being extremely well-versed in all things magickal so like calls to like.

Besides I don't think most people would get a spirit only to watch baseball games with.

Those two sound wonderful. Congrats on the new additions and enjoy them!

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte

stormdancer wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:47 am Every spirit that I have gotten from CH seems to help with some form of magick. I think it may have to do with the conjurers on CH being extremely well-versed in all things magickal so like calls to like.

Besides I don't think most people would get a spirit only to watch baseball games with.

Those two sound wonderful. Congrats on the new additions and enjoy them!
Yes but arnt the custom conjures supposed to match our own energy signature not Ash and magnolias?
At first I understood why all these spirits were coming through to help with magick but for a while now my own practice has kinda been put on the back burner.
Because so much has changed for me in the last 6 months or so I thought maybe I would attract different spirits. Then I thought well maybe that's a path I'm supposed to be on and need to redirect my focus again. That's why I was curious if it is the same for others and all spirits are gifted with magick

"Light and Darkness. One cannot exist without the other. There is no true Master, without the power of balance" ~ Luis Marques

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of ones energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." ~ Aleister Crowley
stormdancer
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

Amarantha wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:34 am
Yes but arnt the custom conjures supposed to match our own energy signature not Ash and magnolias?
Oops. My bad.

I'll get back to you once I figure out how to say what I want in a way that makes some sense to others.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Amarantha wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:19 pm [...]
There is something else I noticed while entering all their information into my spirit journal. Every spirit seems to help with some type of magic or mysticism. Is it like that for everyone? Are there no spirits out there that are absolutely clueless when it comes to magick and all they can offer is companionship?
Bringing together spirits and magic is something Creepy Hollows seems to have been quite an innovator with.

In bygone times many who conjured spirits didn't practice magic and if you think back to the spiritualism revivals in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, it was mainly about mediumship. Magic wasn't so much in the picture. So the idea that spirits might be able to help with magical practices or could do magic themselves wasn't really a thing that occurred to people much.

Magnolia & ASH seem to be keenly aware of this - which explains why spirit descriptions give those details.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
Lightningkitsune
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 5
If I could be anything, I would be...: Kitsune
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lightningfox
Zodiac:

Okay, No one seems to be bringing up the confusion on why the spirits are happier and more helpful than expected, period. Which, I actually have a theory.

They use to be human souls once, right? And I believe all souls after suffering, have a choice. They can either drag others down into suffering with them, or they can choose to make it so no one else ever suffers like they did. Example would be Robin Williams. Look how depressed he was but he still wanted to make everyone happy.

Its possible the Bhut and larva that were conjured kept enough influence from their human lives and are working towards the latter, to prevent the suffering of others. I doubt CH would send out really depressed and sad/vengeful spirits to people when it could be bad for them, so they probably seek only the mentally stable spirits and entities. I don't expect anyone to get some super depressed or dangerously psychotic spirit conjured by anyone actually reputable.

CH: Centaur (V) , kitsune (L), gregori watcher (R) , Transylvanian sanguine vampire (B) , Satyr (S), Gryphon (M), Itchyocentaur (A) , Loki

Elsewhere: Woodsman (D), Kappa (K)
ASTER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: 👼🏻🐲🧚🧝🏻‍♀️🧙‍♂️🧛🧞‍♂️
If I could be anything, I would be...: Celestial
My magical/paranormal name...: Aster 🌟 Jupiter

I think, magic is used as a term in general referring too everything in our life. At least that's how I interpret it. I simply don't do any types of casting. But I do healing, I make a wish and try to do manifestation to better our life's through prayers and call on my guides and faeries. All these are comes under mysticism and magic.

400✨Aster💫Jupiter

Amarantha
neophyte
neophyte

Lightningkitsune wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:52 am Okay, No one seems to be bringing up the confusion on why the spirits are happier and more helpful than expected, period. Which, I actually have a theory.

They use to be human souls once, right? And I believe all souls after suffering, have a choice. They can either drag others down into suffering with them, or they can choose to make it so no one else ever suffers like they did. Example would be Robin Williams. Look how depressed he was but he still wanted to make everyone happy.

Its possible the Bhut and larva that were conjured kept enough influence from their human lives and are working towards the latter, to prevent the suffering of others. I doubt CH would send out really depressed and sad/vengeful spirits to people when it could be bad for them, so they probably seek only the mentally stable spirits and entities. I don't expect anyone to get some super depressed or dangerously psychotic spirit conjured by anyone actually reputable.
Aww I love and miss Robin Williams and can relate a lot to him. RIP Robin Williams <3
But yes that makes sense and why I chose to go with a custom conjure to be matched with a spirit that is best for me because the prebound I first had seen was just not it lol. But I think I was expecting to get spirits who I could help and give them a home and show them love and kindness. I have not had much interaction with my Larvae spirit yet but my bhoot/bhut is very sweet but also kinda likes to have the spotlight on him or be the life of the party. He definitely wants you to know hes there and likes the attention. I do not think it will be hard to bond with him at all. So although the spirits I received were not what I was expecting I am still happy with how it turned out. In fact it is most likely better this way because I do have my own struggles and having a very sad or angry spirit could have an effect on me and my emotions and state of mind. Maybe these are things ash and magnolia and the spirits themselves know and why I am always matched with uplifting, encouraging, supportive, caring spirits because that is what I need? idk.. But I do know that all the dark arts spirits I have from them are never like it is explained in the encyclopedia or even like other peoples experiences that they have shared in the forum.
On a different note I really am interested in learning more about how and why human spirits change to a different type of spirit and is it a choice or does it just happen.

Lewk
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 300
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Alaric Indigo Root
Zodiac:

Lightningkitsune wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:52 am [...] I doubt CH would send out really depressed and sad/vengeful spirits to people when it could be bad for them, so they probably seek only the mentally stable spirits and entities. I don't expect anyone to get some super depressed or dangerously psychotic spirit conjured by anyone actually reputable.
Yes, I think that's spot on.

As far as I can tell...

...the spells built into CH's conjuring items filter out unsuitable spirits. Protections are built in for us as the potential keeper, as well as for the spirits - plus the fact that a suitable, matched companion is called. And Magnolia and ASH use the same or similar spells and safeguards when conjuring themselves.

So with CH it's never a totally open call, followed by a vetting process: the act of conjuration filters out unsuitable spirits.

...afaik.

Also...

On the other point of those spirits seeming less moody etc than when alive? Quite a few CH Encyclopedia pages say this or that type of spirit may have been recorded as difficult to deal with while alive but now they're in spirit form, they're easier to get on with or more tolerant etc.

That may be what's happening with those Bhut & Larvae spirits.

You must stay on the path. Do not leave it.
If you do, you'll never...
find it again.
No matter what may come, stay on...
the path! [Gandalf, in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug]
cndrow
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 9
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lucien
Zodiac:

I’ve often wondered as well, why I seem to get such incredibly sweet and kind custom conjures of spirits who have … quite the reputation for being dark, moody, baneful, etc.

Ash & Magnolia absolutely match spirits to our own energies, and I think that’s the basic answer here. For example, Dullahan are intense, energetic vengeful DA spirits- but mine is also considerate, playful, and generally a cheery guy. That matches my personality and energy so very well. I seem to keep getting custom conjures that tend to dote on me (and each other, in our spirit family). It’s what matches us all best.

But we are still offering them a home and refuge. Spirits are powerful and generally do not need to be “rescued”; they aren’t frail and weak and subject to human whims, emotions and situations. But we do offer each one a safe and loving space, and I consider that something uniquely special I can offer them as a human here on the material plane. They sincerely appreciate this, each and every one that I’ve encountered, bound or unbound.

Return to “Dark Arts”