active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: the ones in my keep
If I could be anything, I would be...: dunno yet
My magical/paranormal name...: Giver of scritches
Zodiac:

I just tried this as part of the bonding ritual for one of my spirits (not from CH), the spirit enjoyed it and the rest of the Horde wants me to do it for them:

Take a chime candle (sometimes called spell candles)- you know the mini taper candles sold at meta shops) and carve the spirits name into it. I did it in red, but that was the required color for the bonding ritual. You can do it in the spirits favorite color and even dress it with their favorite scent/herb/etc.

Remember white candles are all-purpose, so when it doubt use white. The act of carving their name into the candle is the most important part of this offering. You can use a toothpick, pin, thumbtack, whatever you have on hand. It doesn't matter.

I like this as it is a quick and easy way to do a heartfelt offering (chime candles don't have a long burn time), and doesn't make too much of a mess cleaning up incense ashes can be a pain). If you have a lot of spirits like I do, you can give them offerings individually without breaking the bank.

Why dip your toe in the water when you can do a cannonball?

Hitthuginn
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 110
Your favorite spirit to work with: Cleopatra Djinn
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

This is my most common approach to offerings (though I often spoil mine with other stuff like herbs, drink, stones, and incense too!). One thing I would personally recommend is designating a specific object as your "candle carving tool" and always using that for these purposes. In my practice, this forms a ritualized connection over time that they recognize.

One other thing I have done are group offerings to a specific race using the code word associated with their kind rather than a single name. If you have multiple of the same kind of spirit this can be a good way to show appreciation to them all at once! That said, you can't beat a moment of individual recognition.

Rexielle
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 90
Your favorite spirit to work with: Many different kinds
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Thank you both for the wonderful suggestions! I used to use the chime candles for offerings years ago, but I never thought to carve my spirits' names on them. I am going to try this :)

I have started using my oil burner a lot to burn oils of different scents to my spirits for offerings. My husband is very sensitive to smoke, so I have stopped using incense sticks and cones. I can see how the chime candles would be less expensive option than getting a bunch of different oils for all 85 of my spirits.

Everything in the forest has its season. Where one thing falls, another grows. Maybe not what was there before, but something new and wonderful all the same.

My spirits I am working with this week: (A) Courtwind Angel, (A) English Psy Vampire, (B) Water Rabbit Spirit Guide, (J) Rosemary Elf, (M) Yurei, and (T) Karkadann Shifter
Satella
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

I know this might sound funny but my spirits or entities like activities as offerings more than physical objects. Sometimes I do get them special incenses or candles or stones I know they like but those usually are surprise gifts haha.

They really like doing some activity with me could be a planned date, a scheduled day for them, uh spontaneous uh stuff, and well they all really love hugs, kisses and sharing food! Oh yes they all have a favourite food and love having a nom on it haha it’s something they regularly ask for!!

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

calliope56
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 71
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

stormdancer wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:53 pm I just tried this as part of the bonding ritual for one of my spirits (not from CH), the spirit enjoyed it and the rest of the Horde wants me to do it for them:

Take a chime candle (sometimes called spell candles)- you know the mini taper candles sold at meta shops) and carve the spirits name into it. I did it in red, but that was the required color for the bonding ritual. You can do it in the spirits favorite color and even dress it with their favorite scent/herb/etc.

Remember white candles are all-purpose, so when it doubt use white. The act of carving their name into the candle is the most important part of this offering. You can use a toothpick, pin, thumbtack, whatever you have on hand. It doesn't matter.

I like this as it is a quick and easy way to do a heartfelt offering (chime candles don't have a long burn time), and doesn't make too much of a mess cleaning up incense ashes can be a pain). If you have a lot of spirits like I do, you can give them offerings individually without breaking the bank.
Thank you for sharing! That's a great idea to carve their names onto chime candles! I think I'll try this on Halloween when I want to honor all of my spirits individually. Some of my spirits already have their own candles which are scented with their fave smells.

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon

Satella wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:09 pm I know this might sound funny but my spirits or entities like activities as offerings more than physical objects. Sometimes I do get them special incenses or candles or stones I know they like but those usually are surprise gifts haha.

They really like doing some activity with me could be a planned date, a scheduled day for them, uh spontaneous uh stuff, and well they all really love hugs, kisses and sharing food! Oh yes they all have a favourite food and love having a nom on it haha it’s something they regularly ask for!!
May I ask how do they get a nom nom? xD Do you wear or have the vessels close by when you eat a particular food? I love food, too. Dates sound like fun!
I'm new to spirit keeping and my first set of spirits are still being shipped, while my second set from CH has not yet been conjured.

Because I have a plastic wrap around the candle that I bought, I put colored stickers with their names on it. I think it is personal enough for me.
I'll definitely look for candles where I can carve their names. This is a brilliant suggestion! Thank you.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Satella
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 343
Spelled Number: 409
Your favorite spirit to work with: faery
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mommy
My magical/paranormal name...: Bella Dawn

Elijah wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:45 pm
May I ask how do they get a nom nom? xD Do you wear or have the vessels close by when you eat a particular food? I love food, too. Dates sound like fun!
I'm new to spirit keeping and my first set of spirits are still being shipped, while my second set from CH has not yet been conjured.

Because I have a plastic wrap around the candle that I bought, I put colored stickers with their names on it. I think it is personal enough for me.
I'll definitely look for candles where I can carve their names. This is a brilliant suggestion! Thank you.
I never really wear my vessels unless they particularly ask I always feel my spirits around and my beings presences are always strong when I call them. As for food I usually put it in my hand and they move it, I can feel them nibbling or licking or putting my whole hand in their mouth hahah. It’s very cute. Most just lick or taste it and like the idea of having it in their mouth before I eat it but some of my friends like my one immortal partner when she visits she actually takes bites or drinks haha I noticed it.

They usually tell me when they want a bite using telepathy and if someone missed a turn hehe sometimes they pull my hand or get a little moody, you know sharing is caring hahaha.

Hihi, currently here is my friendsies info
Spirit Friends 67
Being Friends 155
Preconjure Peeps 400 +
Coven Friendsies 33
Rescues 47

Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 191
Spelled Number: 380
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon

Satella wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:48 pm I never really wear my vessels unless they particularly ask I always feel my spirits around and my beings presences are always strong when I call them. As for food I usually put it in my hand and they move it, I can feel them nibbling or licking or putting my whole hand in their mouth hahah. It’s very cute. Most just lick or taste it and like the idea of having it in their mouth before I eat it but some of my friends like my one immortal partner when she visits she actually takes bites or drinks haha I noticed it.

They usually tell me when they want a bite using telepathy and if someone missed a turn hehe sometimes they pull my hand or get a little moody, you know sharing is caring hahaha.
Sharing is definitely caring! I love this. This is too cute. Omg. I hope to be like that someday with my spirits <3)
Wow, immortals can actually eat and drink?? Lol. I learn something new every day!
It's my first day of spirit keeping. Literally. Haha. And my head is buzzing nonstop, which probably means that it's just all the excitement. Or maybe it's because I have a few really strong entities. Either way, I hope that I'll be able to fall asleep tonight at least. Lol. I like the idea of friendly dates.

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!
Neter
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: LillithEve
Zodiac:

I do this with tealight candles. In fact, I make my own tealight candles for offerings. A reusable candle tin, wax, and a wick is all you need. Of course, I am extra so I sometimes add scents, oils, herbs, or crushed crystals.

I like the idea of having a specific special carving tool. Adding that to my repertoire.

0:) >:) ||.||
Tokala
neophyte
neophyte
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Raiko

I'm kind of wondering what you guys do with the stones or jewels you offer your spirits? Just leave them out or put them away or what?

Return to “Spirit Tasking”