new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hi, I’m curious, has anyone had a pet that’s taken a bit of time to get used to your spirit family? If so, did you do anything special to help promote a bond between them?

Daciana
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Just Me 😊
Zodiac:

I have in my rules, that every animal invited in my home is to be respected , never harmed, and should always be protected, as they are as equally a part of our family as our humans are.
Placing an emphasis on respect towards your furry family members will help with at least everyone being comfortable.

In my pets case, Any adjusting that was needed was minor and very brief. In most cases it's not needed.
If an animal is having difficulty with the presence of a companion, you can ask the companion to help everyone adjust harmoniously.

I encourage my keep to bring positive experiences and interactions to my cats, if they interact at all. . It's also usually not an issue with companions who were conjured from reputable sellers. They usually just mind their own, and nothing is needed on my part.

Also to make sure that any negative reaction isn't actually coming from an unwelcomed unbound, (rather than a companion) which has happened once to me and my cats before.

But still, some animals can be extremely hyper sensitive to spirit energy, and could use some reassurance occasionally, especially if the spirit is quite dark, or holds hard to manage energies like Void, or Heavy Shadow. While the companion from a reputable seller most likely will not harm your animals, they aren't entirely expected to bond with them either.

Also, cats in my opinion, are very spiritually aware animals. They can see and sense things with fine detail. I've even had my cat protect me energetically. They are quite capable on their own.

While I won't call this one a negative reaction to the arrival of one of my entities, it wasn't exactly fun for my cats at first.

My cats were reacting to this entity (who wasn't harming or pestering them) with minor apprehension.

My cats were unsure how to react to this specific entity so I spent a good hour or so just interacting with them both, Introducing them to each other, and reading over the rules. I also expressed to the entity that my cats were feeling his energy too heavily, and I tasked him with toning his energies down when around the cats. I knew he wasn't going to harm them, but I wanted everyone to feel comfortable.

They just leave each other alone. Cats are extremely sensitive to the "unseen" world.
Now they don't care at all when the entity steps in.

Not all adjusting is negative, either.

There have been occasions where I noticed our cats reacting positively to the spirits, especially upon their first arrival.
Specifically , one of the most noticeable and funny reactions from my cats, was when my fairies arrived. I saw them playing and chasing each other; the cats would look at/follow the fairies with their eyes and play tag. They would do the "tuck-butt-run" , chasing an invisible dot, leaping off shelves, twirling in circles, climbing up walls, bouncing off my various body parts, and ripping down hallways at breakneck speed, bonking into walls..lol This was unusual behavior because my cats are normally very very lazy lol

I encourage my keep to interact lovingly and respectfully with my pets, but at the very least to just give them space. My fairies help to manage my cats comfort and happiness, and this also covers interactions with all companions.

The only time I witnessed my cats acting aggressively toward a spirit was with an unwelcome unbound. They hissed, growled, poofed up , all at the corner ceiling..until the unbound was removed. This was very rare and hasn't happened since. I would hope that a keeper's pet wouldn't react this way to their companion!

Regarding non-domesticated animals-

I have a bound crow spirit who loves to interact with animals, but more specifically he enjoys sending, receiving, and carrying messages between me and animals, whether wild or pets. He has also guided me to the locations of specific crow families who I know, who had previously disappeared and moved to an unknown location.

While it's not necessary to have a mediator between human and live animals, it certainly has helped everyone to bond quicker. I've noticed wild animals, and nervous pets from strangers, even my sister's cat, react to me and my companions favorably, because of the messages/presence of my crow, fairies, giant ancestor and hellcat. They somehow help animals relax and make positive connections on a spiritual level.

Many of my companions love animals and this also helps with the bonding process, if they choose to bond!

All residents in my home love and respect Goddess Bast, and we always ask for her to protect and bless our kitties, which has certainly made an impact.

Some of my companions will take it upon themselves to bond and care for living animals, and even spirit animals, without my tasking. This helped me to better understand how spirit companions all have different reactions to animals, but that they were often positive, or neutral. I do believe that animals will behave and react according to how the spirit feels to them, and what parameters are in place for your environment.

My giant ancestor absolutely adores animals and kept sending me animals to rescue.
She sent me an injured baby crow who I rescued. ( I see him often , now an adult, during my walks)
A vulture who was stuck in baling wire.
A cat who had its head stuck in a can..
A crow who had smacked into something and sat dazed in a very busy road. It was dangerous for him to just sit there unmoving. I picked him up and carried him to a family of crows nearby, per my giants instruction. Staying with him until he felt well, ( lots of cats in the neighborhood) and he flew back up into the tree with his family.

We are all still friends, these animals and my companions, and still bonding. I do believe my companions have an even stronger bond with the animals than even I have, but it's not something that I enforce. They just bonded naturally. And some animals, while thankful for the help or kindness, wont take the bonding much further than that.
And others, like my cats, will wreck the house to try and catch a fairy lol

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖓𝖆
Dream08
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 15
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Thanks so much, Sysygy! I love your cat and faeries story! That would be so awesome to watch! lol And that was a very good thought about asking my companions to tone down their energy a bit around my pup. She’s a rescue that I adopted last September; she came from a very bad earlier life and I’ve made HUGE progress with her but she can still be a bit skittish. I have mostly WA companions, and some GA/DA (but none leaning heavily towards DA). I do have in my house rules to respect and protect her as well and have told them all her background. So I know they wouldn’t intentionally scare her. (And I’ve only gotten companions from reputable sellers (CH and BlujayMagick) and have never had anything negative happen. (I’m still learning… although I don’t believe we ever stop, actually. lol)
I’m off work on PTO for a while now so there will be lots of time to work with everyone on this. I’m kind of leaning towards it being an energy thing, because she stays in the room with all of us when I’m spending time with my companions. So I’ll try asking them to lighten it a bit around her. :)
Thanks again so much! You’ve provided excellent tips that I need, and I love hearing how your cats interact with your keep! :)

Adair Lasair Bán
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Spelled Number: 60
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics & Immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

My doggie has always been completely fine. She is always super happy and content, but she does often sniff at the flowers in my garden and then her tail wags like mad - I do suspect it's my sweet Garden Elves <3

My keep knows I would never tolerate any negative interactions with her, and there have not been any. They all know how much I adore her. I have a really great keep :8)

“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Tarvos
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 198
Spelled Number: 470
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel, Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Adair Aithne wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:29 pm My doggie has always been completely fine. She is always super happy and content, but she does often sniff at the flowers in my garden and then her tail wags like mad - I do suspect it's my sweet Garden Elves <3

My keep knows I would never tolerate any negative interactions with her, and there have not been any. They all know how much I adore her. I have a really great keep :8)
Doggie pic, when? 😂

In the name of the moon, I'll enlighten you!

Return to “General Questions”