New section for recommending ideas for the forum!

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
mrblonde
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

I hate to mention this because it may make me sound ungrateful, but the forum is getting a bit bloated. I think the division of topics has been good, but there have been a couple times I've went searching for threads and it took forever to find them. Just an example, in messages and updates there are threads about the special offers for June, one from May 2008 about Magnolia's E-mail not working. I've seen topics where the original post was edited out after the first day, so nothing makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to have the forum, and be here, and I'm not really complaining. I don't know how you'd do this, but maybe get rid of seller announcements that are older than x number of days, and stuff like that. Also, and I don't know if this would be possible, but I'm wondering if seller reviews could be alphabatized, I think that might make it easier to find sellers (I personally only buy from 4 sellers that I know well, so not a concern for me, but might make it easier for newer members). Just a thought, I have no idea how you find the time to do all that you do already with just the 3 of you.

ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member

I agree, Mr. Blonde. Great idea!

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

David is working on organizing the forum more and trying to drill down some categories into more defined like "Connecting", "Manifestation", etc. We are working on organizing as much as possible and I agree that we should filter out the posts that are for things that are no longer valid such as special weeks or sales, etc.

I'm open to ideas for organization, feel free to share them!

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
mrblonde
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Well I did have a few ideas, they may not really fix what I'm talking about, but it may reduce a bit of clutter. Several times a month we have numerous posts ending up in the general section and to a lesser degree vampire, dragon, and DA sections. Probably others, but I only read certain ones. The recurring ones seem to be:
1. New members introducing themselves
2. Basic bonding questions (often involving multiple spirit bonding)

We have a introductions section and for reasons that I completely understand it is not open to new members, but what if there was a "new member introductions" section and a "bonding" topic area? I think bonding comes up so much that a section on it would probably answer these questions that keep coming up over and over. It is very important and theres so many different ideas that having all the different views in one area would probably be good. If I think of any more I'll post them, this all I can think of right now.

ladyevelyn77
venerated member
venerated member

How about links on top or bottom or somewhere that will lead to the frequently asked questions, like bonding, pendulum use, transmuting, bridging, and others that seem to come up from every new member. Some never think to use the search.

wishing apon a star
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: White light Ones
If I could be anything, I would be...: Being My Divine Self
Zodiac:

:hug: Thank You Magnolia and David for helping with folklore and legends! YAY!! Super excited!

Warmest Wishes<3
When I count my Blessings, I Always count You Twice<3
::bop:: Creepy Hollows Cheerleader ::bop::
Healings Happen with Love<3
Creepy Hollows Rocks My Socks !
ValisWindWalker
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elementals
If I could be anything, I would be...: myself!
My magical/paranormal name...: Valis!
Zodiac:

I was just think we could have a topic where members could list abilitys they have and their's experinces with them. Which can lead to other who have the same abilitys asking how to develope their own.So we can all help each other and find out about new abilitys and techniques on how to improve our own skills ^_^.

~`'\/'`~Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion,
honor and humility, mirth and reverence, within you
~`'\/'`~
• (¯`*•.¸。❁。¸.•*´¯) •
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Facebook Group for Creepy Hollows has been made and we had around 90+ outstanding friend requests so we approved them all! If you were waiting for friend confirmation it should be done.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Nosferatu
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

can you get your techies to do an 'advanced search' option where you can filter down the search i.e. omit member names, or search within time periods?

~No amount of supplemental logic will cure instincts that are out of logic's reach, so if you whip your stone of logic against the wall you had better hear a sound~
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, I will definitely ask to see what options are available to us for this!

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Forum Suggestions”