Some Amazing Chili ^^

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
JennaZeal
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 41
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I make a really good chili that can be made with a variety of meats, or even vegetarian style ^^ Usually I use Ground beef, but I have also made it with diced chicken breast and beef stew meat. I haven't tried pork yet, but i bet it would be great too ^^

You simmer your meat (1-2 lbs) with a bit of seasoning, usually chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper and sometimes an all purpose seasoning like Lawry's or something. Once finished, you add in 2 large cans of tomato sauce and one small can of tomato paste (to thicken) and a can of diced tomatoes (I sometimes will use the ones seasoned for chili ^^) then you add about 2 oz of tabasco sauce and oh... 1/4 cup or so of Wherstershire(sp?) sauce (I don't measure anymore i go my visual and taste, so i think that's a good measure to start, but go by what you think works for you ^^) and 2 cans of Bush's Chili beans in whichever hotness you desire (I usually use medium cause I have a wuss in my house, but the Hot is really good too ) Then, add more garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper and oregano and basil (not a whole lot of these two) If you like you can get a packet of chili seasoning and add here instead for ease. It works as well, I've tried it ^^ Now, you'll let this simmer over medium heat while we do this next step. (remember to stir occasionally!)

Now you'll take 1 whole green, red, yellow and orange bell pepper and dice. you'll also dice 1 large or two small/medium onions (I prefer the Mayan Sweet Onions, but you can use what you like ^^) And dice 2 Jalapenos and if you like it really hot, 2 fresno peppers (they look like red jalapenons) Take a skillet (preferably non stick) and coat with cooking spray or a very small amount of oil (I like to use olive oil or olive oil spray) then put all of the peppers and onions together and saute until fully cooked. A good way to tell is the peppers will lose a bit of their color and the onions will go from white to sort of clear. after that, put the cooked veggies into the mixture you have simmering and stir. Let that simmer together for about 30 minutes and enjoy!

I like to top it with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese

Also, well, this makes a LOT of chili, so you may want 2 pots handy to make sure it doesn't spill whee you stir. And of course, with your leftovers, a great thing to do is put some into a cake pan or baking dish and top with corn muffin batter and bake for a tasty leftover meal that is very filling!

Also, for an even extra kick, keep all of the seeds from the peppers and saute them with the peppers ^^

Jen

.~*Do Not Meddle in the Affairs of Dragons, For you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup*~.
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Yummmmm !!!! :thumbup: Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,