Domovoi

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters A-H.
Nexxus Red
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

FaerieWhispers Posted: Feb 17 2008, 06:31 PM

Omniscient Spirit

Group: Members
Member No.: 59

Ok, I realize that I a fairly new to collecting spirits and have been very careful
to only get spirits that would be good around my children, I do not want to scare them and I do not want them to come to any harm.

I recently went to Dove's website and saw a really cute ear cuff with a Domovoi attached. Her description was of protection.........

Today I decided to browse through Magnolia's Dark Arts section on the website and
noticed that Domovoy is a Dark Arts Creature..............Am I in over my head?

Are they dangerous? Should I worry about my children being frightened? I was going to have my familiar called, but was drawn to the Domovoi ear cuff and at the price with her discount, I couldn't resist.

Now I am worried.........

Please any advise is more than welcome!

Blessings,
Faerie Whispers

--------------------
When the doors of perception are cleansed everything is revealed to man as it is infinite! ~~ William Blake ~~

Slainte Mhor (Great Health)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mane79nll Posted: Feb 17 2008, 07:21 PM

Omniscient Spirit

Member No.: 13

This is a section I got from "Magickal, Mythical, Mystical Beasts" by D.J.Conway

Russian and Slavic tradition say that certain little household spirits have lived in the homes of humans from the beginning. The Domovoy is rarely seen, and his wife (the Domovikha) is never seen. Seeing these beings is considered extremely unlucky, while hearing the Domovoy can be consider either fortunate or unfortunate. When the Domovoy is seen, he can easily be mistaken for a cat or dog; however, he is a very small man covered with silky hair.

The Domovoy and Domovikha are thought to be benign creatures. The Domovoy lives under the stove or doorstep, while his wife lives in the cellar. When a family moves into a new home, it is considered a good idea to put a piece of bread under the stove to attract the Domovoy or Domovikha. They are considered extremely loyal to the family they adopt, often doing favors for them.

The Domovoy never speaks to humans, but if he chatters and murmurs softly to himself at night, it is thought that everything in the family's life will be pleasant. If he moans, however, the family knows that misfortune is coming. When a Domovoy weeps, it is a sure sign that someone in the family will soon die.

I think it is best you contact dove for relevant info regards to it

--------------------
"Life is like a box of chocolates..your never know what you going to get"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FaerieWhispers Posted: Feb 17 2008, 07:44 PM

Omniscient Spirit

Thank you Mane, I will keep this info handy!
I have already contacted Dove and am awaiting a reply.
Brightest Blessings
Faerie Whispers

--------------------
When the doors of perception are cleansed everything is revealed to man as it is infinite! ~~ William Blake ~~

Slainte Mhor (Great Health)

CreepyHollows Posted: Feb 18 2008, 11:12 AM

Omniscient Spirit

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

You are absolutely right Mane, the Domovoi is an entity of duplicity and requires proper handling to ensure you only see the lucky side of the Domovoi. Once in a home they never leave. We pass the secret of caring for the Domovoi when a collector adopts them. You should ask Dove for her secret for handling.

--------------------
De lumière et aime,

Magnolia.

FaerieWhispers Posted: Feb 18 2008, 12:23 PM

Omniscient Spirit

Thank you Magnolia!
I actually was able to contact Dove and asked her not to send it. She agreed to call my familiar instead. I feel more comfortable with that!

Dove is wonderful to work with and did not seem put out by my request. I feel really badly to have caused her any confusion or inconvenience. I am usually
pretty thorough on investigating entities before purchasing and he was the one
exception to that.....

I feel really fortunate to have found so many wonderful caring people on this
forum!

Thank you again Magnolia!
Brightest Blessings,
Faerie Whispers

Cryptic_twilight313
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

When a spirit is dark arts...it doesn't neccissarily mean "evil".

...black engulfs the dying light as he falls on frail wings of vanity and wax..
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

That's right Cryptic. In some cases it means more evil than you could possibly imagine but in most cases it means just as you and I are... capable of both bad and good. Because entities of Duality have the abilit to be bad they have to fall into the Dark Arts.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Cryptic_twilight313
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

yay!!! I was helpful:D :D :D

...black engulfs the dying light as he falls on frail wings of vanity and wax..

Return to “Dark Arts A-H”