new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 2
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

OK I HAVE A QUESTION IT SAYS THERE ARE SIDE EFFECTS FOR THE UNEXPERIENCED KEEPER AS IN HEADACHES WELL ARE THERE MORE THAN THAT BECAUSE I AM NOT A DEPRESSED OR STRESSED PERSON BY NATURE AT ALL BUT THE LAST 3 DAYS I HAVE BEEN SOOO LOW AND JUST WAS CURIOUS IF THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS ANY FEED BACK WOULD BE GREAT YALL :feedback: :crying:

'LIFE is not ajourney to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways breathless & worn out screaming WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!!!!
SHANNA B
babyface
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I quote this from a CH dark art listing:

"Owning a treasure that contains the spirit of a Dark or Duplicitous entity is not a novelty but a responsibility. Dark creatures and creatures of Duality are vastly powerful and are often more influential on a human's mood, emotion, thoughts and dreams than a Light entity. Though Dark and Duplicitous creatures rarely inflict pain or adversity on their Keeper you can find yourself having more dark thoughts, having an increase of nightmares, mood swings and with some creatures an increase of bad luck".

Logic only gives man what he needs. Magic gives him what he wants.
“I used to be superstitious, then I heard it was unlucky, so I stopped!”
azazello1
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2
Zodiac:

Just ask them to slow down a little. Explain that you have some headaches and low energy. They usually very polite and humble. I got my 3-d Black dragon a few days ago. I felt headaches even when the vessel was in the mail on it's way to me. I usually have no headaches at all. Even when I got my other Blacks and my Wraiths (class5). I just asked to low down the energy for a little while. It helped in a minute))). I love my Blacks))

There is no teacher, there is no student, There is only remembering.
There is no good, there is no evil, There is only expression.
There is no union, there is no sharing, There is only one.
There is no joy, there is no sadness, There is only love.
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

when i first got the darkest da spirits from ash it took me several days to get used to the difference in their energies and such but once their energies and mine merged together it has not been a problem since.

i've found that as you grow as a keeper and become more adept at handling the da spirits in your keep you find yourself being called by those even darker spirits because we begin to have a name in the spirit realm and when we are known as honest and trustworthy we see more spirits that have a tendancy to be difficult if not handled right call to us. the first stryx i had call to me as a "let the spirit choose me" sort i was like "wtf" but i always know that we are not called by any spirit that we really are not capable of handling and treating with respect which in turns earns us more respect and lends credibility to our techniques as keepers.

here is a good example: da spirits are much like humans, right? able to be good or bad. what happens if you begin to hang around a bad crowd is you tend to let your morals down and begin doing things you would not have done before - dishonesty, maybe stealing, maybe drugs, perhaps worse. but if the friends you have are honest souls who do good for others as well as strangers then your path remains good. my example is that if we allow our da spirits to do whatever they wish they may begin to lead us down that first path and i'm certain nobody here goes that road. by staying our course and having our da spirits follow us we can stay on the path we're meant to be and they'll follow good. i hope that makes sense somewhat.

basically the side effects do go away and we really don't witness any more unless we begin to slip and allow our da's to give us thoughts that are not best for us. babyface quoted perfectly above in that da spirits can very much influence a keeper's thoughts if we are not aware of the tricks and ways they can influence us. hope this helps! hugs all! :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
VAMPIRELOVER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire + ifrits
My magical/paranormal name...: Vampirelover
Zodiac:

crone maatkaere wrote:when i first got the darkest da spirits from ash it took me several days to get used to the difference in their energies and such but once their energies and mine merged together it has not been a problem since.

i've found that as you grow as a keeper and become more adept at handling the da spirits in your keep you find yourself being called by those even darker spirits because we begin to have a name in the spirit realm and when we are known as honest and trustworthy we see more spirits that have a tendancy to be difficult if not handled right call to us. the first stryx i had call to me as a "let the spirit choose me" sort i was like "wtf" but i always know that we are not called by any spirit that we really are not capable of handling and treating with respect which in turns earns us more respect and lends credibility to our techniques as keepers.

here is a good example: da spirits are much like humans, right? able to be good or bad. what happens if you begin to hang around a bad crowd is you tend to let your morals down and begin doing things you would not have done before - dishonesty, maybe stealing, maybe drugs, perhaps worse. but if the friends you have are honest souls who do good for others as well as strangers then your path remains good. my example is that if we allow our da spirits to do whatever they wish they may begin to lead us down that first path and i'm certain nobody here goes that road. by staying our course and having our da spirits follow us we can stay on the path we're meant to be and they'll follow good. i hope that makes sense somewhat.

basically the side effects do go away and we really don't witness any more unless we begin to slip and allow our da's to give us thoughts that are not best for us. babyface quoted perfectly above in that da spirits can very much influence a keeper's thoughts if we are not aware of the tricks and ways they can influence us. hope this helps! hugs all! :grouphug:
good to know thanks

DragonKeeper
venerated member
venerated member

I've noticed the same Crone, when we as keepers are known as DA keepers who respect them then more seem to want to be with us. Also, you got a stryx too - that is what came when I let Magnolia & Ash do the let the spirit choose. I'm glad and thankful that that is what came :thumbup: :thumbup:

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Oh, the side effects do seem to go away and not even come up now.

Peace, light & love

Phil

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

yep it was a real surprise and he came with a zombie girl who i really love having around! zombies might not have anything upstairs so to say but they just have a way of fitting in and they do well with the tasks they are given. i'd suggest every serious keeper have at least one in their keep because the energies are so different and they're not senseless but you're not going to chat with them either unless it's a very lopsided conversation (ya i've had a few with my girl and i get a stare but for some reason she has really reached me in a way that is hard to describe). :)

the side effects normally eventually become so slight that you really won't notice and if you have house rules where none of the da spirits are doing as they wish you won't get any of the side effects which can occur. i suppose dealing with a tough da spirit is like dealing with a member of an outlaw biker gang - except with the da spirit you're not really giving them a wide berth or crossing to the other side of the street but rather enforcing the rules since you're in the position to. ;) :grouphug:

trained conjurer
cupping healer

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
hupsu
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 20
Zodiac:

I've noticed some aching in my head when focusing on DA energy but nothing too big. Personally seems to take bit of an effort to "get into" the energy. I'm probably somewhat WA orientated.

Crone, I've been wondering what kinds of things people have zombies do. Can you give some examples of the tasks you give her? Thought of getting one has occurred to me before. I've had many dreams about zombies. :zombie:

"What's a philosopher? Someone who's bright enough
to find a job with no heavy lifting." - Terry Pratchett
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

hi hupsu! they are tasks that are menial such as make sure certain vessels or artifacts stay where i put them but she is also good at sitting next to my bed at night just watching the doorway which in a weird sounding way is a bit comforting. of course my protective spirits are outside the home most of the night so nothing is getting past any of them - nothing gets past the harpies so no worries. it feels almost as if a mom is just sitting there while child sleeps sort of thing. sort of took a bit to get used to but at least she took to me quickly. strange thing is though i know she doesn't realize she's doing it but it is ok with me. :) hope this helps! :grouphug:

trained conjurer
cupping healer

Mau Emerald Nile
truthsmacabre
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 4
Zodiac:

As to side effects it is just as Crone and the others have said. They go away soon after you actually begin to get acquainted. I have mostly DA as well and even though I've stated this in another thread, about SRS's I believe, I get headaches and sometimes light nausea and even a bit of lethargy. Nothing debilitating but it is noticeable and I am aware of what it is. I welcome it since I understand it is all about 'getting acquainted'. I have done as is suggested here as well. I thank the spirit(s) for being with me and for getting acquainted but let it / them know that it is being a little bit 'strong' and ask that it be a bit more gentle. It usually eases any symptoms pretty quickly. When they get really 'active' I get simple head aches and an Ibuprofen takes care of that! LOL! :ghost2: :ghost: :crazy:

ALTRUISTIC LOVE is giving yourself and others what is NEEDED instead of what is WANTED via EMOTION and EGO. Getting what is WANTED, well that's another matter all together!! That requires WORK and involves actions which some times need to be done in unseen natures.

Return to “Dark Arts”