phoenix VS the waterpark (sunburn)

Discussion of creatures starting with letters K-Z.
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I have extremely fair skin and it has always been intolerant of sun exposure. I burn. I just do, there is no tan, there is no “golden glow”. Not for me. Maythens only come in two colors; corpse white or lobster red.

Last week my husband and I went to the local water park, and I took a few of my spirits that I thought would enjoy the trip. I chose my phoenix as one, although we have not bonded as well as I had hoped.

For the first time I can be remember, I spent the entire day in the sun and didn’t end up burnt. In fact, my husband got a hideous burn (the first of his life) instead. I got a very slight redness on my face that Disappeared by morning. (my burns might get worse, but never better)

I do not yet get clear verbal communication with my phoenix but when I hold her vessel I get a strong impression that this is her work.

(I get a less intense suspicion that my husbands burn was considered a little Lesson, having shown a great deal of thoughtless insensitivity towards those suffering the affliction. But that’s more conjecture.)

I hadn’t noted; Prevents sunburn in the Encyclopedia.

I keep her charging station and vessel in my kitchen window. Since her arrival my number of kitchen burns has decreased in number and severity. I was wondering if anyone else had noted this aspect of keeping a phoenix?
redlisse
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: 's Classified.
Zodiac:

I haven't had that experience...but now I'll certainly try! Redlisses also only come in two colors, and one of them is less fun than the other. (Quit telling me to get some sun, I'm fine, bleh)

I also haven't been able to bond much with my phoenix - which is hard, because I've been nominally obsessed with phoenixes since I was very small, and was so excited to get her. She seems very aloof and reserved. I'm hoping she'll warm up to me (no pun intended, I swearz) with time.
I am Autumn. I'm not as new as I look, I swear! XD
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Have you had yourself tested for a Vitamin D deficiency? I don't know if there is a direct correlation, but I was recently diagnosed with a critically low level. Since beginning my supplements I've noticed less difficulty connecting with my phoenix. I have no proof that one is related to the other, but I thought I would mention it.

I didn't realize I had symptoms untill they improved. My doctor told me it's quite common this year. I don't get a great deal of sun exposure and I'm not that fond of milk products.

Return to “Creatures K-Z”