Magnolia how about a moderated debate section? - VOTE NOW!!!

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!

Should we have a moderated debate section?

Yes
67%
No
33%

Total votes: 39
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I will put it this way so some others can see my point clearer. It's simple.

Debates=GOOD

Off-topicness= BAD

:(

mymyst2881
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Dierdre
Zodiac:

Sounds like a good idea to me.

rockstr2
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: succubus
If I could be anything, I would be...: werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

sounds like a great idea killa thought u would like my 2cents

sologrl
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: vamps
If I could be anything, I would be...: valkyrie
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Oh what a great idea killa! but I can already foresee its going to get quite heated lol. About the discussions being moderated between opinions and personal atks, how will we know when the draw the line when an opinion has gone too far but not exactly a personal attack? Example:romantic relationship between human keeper and vampire spirit, someone had basically stated in their opinion it was the most disgusting thing that could happen between keeper and spirit. It's not a personal attack but it sure was offensive especially to people who were having romantic relationships even though it was just that person's opinion.

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

I'll vote for that. Nevertheless, sometimes people go around Robin Hood's Barn to make a point, that gives a pictoral view or showing a huge entanglement in the porcess that should either be eliminated or, in other cases, processed and used. So with those provisos, I agree.

C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
Zodiac:

YES!!! I got Cairyos Stamp of approval! ^_^

I dream of a forum where one day ALL types of spirit keepers from all corners of the globe shall truly understand one another! C'mon people on with the revolution!!!

IN:

CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!!!

DO IT and DO IT NOW!

Whoop Whoop! :silly:

islandfun
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 4
Zodiac:

You got my support killa. Seems to be an awesome idea! =D

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

i don't think it would be a good ideal for a moderated debate. i see it turning ugly real fast and spilling out onto the public forum.

here's the scenario: person A disagrees with person B in the MD (moderated debate), it starts an argument, which is quickly quelled on the MD. the next time that person A or B post on the open forum the other person decided to disagree with them no matter what. it seems its already happening in some areas as of now. someone will say black the other person will say white, just in spite.

i just don't think that we need this type of animosity fueled further by adding another area for "debates". which in my world is just a fancy way of saying argument thread. i do however agree that it isn't right that certain post go WAAAAYYY off topic. its not fair to the person's original question or thought.

if i remember correctly this forum was to HELP people in their journey, to encourage them, and to give helpful advice. not to start fights, or stir the pot (so to speak).

just the two cents of a lowly spirit keeper.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I've suggested this a couple of times, so obviously I feel it'd be a good idea.
In the meantime, if a bit of a debate comes up in topics it doesn't have to turn out horrendously - people just need to be mature with their statements and realise that nobody's intention going into it is to anger or annoy others.
Debate is healthy, even when it gets a little aggressive I would consider it healthy - the aggression is usually a sign of how passionate we are about our beliefs.

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

i still think its a bad ideal for this for other reasons as well.
NoctemAeternus wrote:In the meantime, if a bit of a debate comes up in topics it doesn't have to turn out horrendously - people just need to be mature with their statements and realise that nobody's intention going into it is to anger or annoy others.
we talk about the MD and say that there would have to be a level of maturity. yet we do have minors who are members of this forum. what happens when one of them (no offense to them what so ever, because i've seen minors who were more mature than some 50 year olds) says something just to be hurtful? do they get the "oh well they're, young" card? if so then what happens when someone who (let's say are in their 30's) says something hurtful? what is the excuse that would be used for them?

also who would be the moderators? now before everyone raises their hands, remember you could throw the question out there. but you wouldn't be allowed to answer it. due to the fact that we would need a neutral party, which is what the moderator's duty is. okay, now how many people want this job?

also how many more area's due we need? we already have topic of the day, general chit-chat, and off topic randomness. can someone remind me what those are there for? isn't it bad enough that we have areas that people can share pics, a media review area, and yet no one really uses them. how many times have we seen pics being on the general forum, just to see if we see someone's spirit in it? or talk about a tv show when we have an area just for that. we talk about how someones thread gets hijacked and its not fair to them (which it isn't). what makes you think that will change? i remember someone hijacking a thread to talk about anime. what happened there? it was cut out and moved to off topic randomness.
killarican wrote:I also asked for this for personal reasons as well as i love to debate and would love to entice discussions about God, Religion, Political Agenda's, and spirituality in general. As this is a spirit keeping forum i really have nowhere appropriate to express my thoughts
no offense but isn't this why you wanted a blog? even if there was a debate section doesn't mean anyone's going to debate it. nothing is guaranteed. yes it might be read but not debated. so then would we make another section because of that?

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”