An idea regarding membership levels

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I think it could be a good idea to add another colour or two. I don't have any specific opinions on who would be what and why, but Seer's basic idea seems to be fair and make sense to me.

It sucks that this suggestion might be taken the wrong way by some, there's nothing wrong with newly tenured members and this is definitely not a popularity contest. It's all cool here guys, I know that nobody was trying to single people out or make people feel bad.

I think the idea is that, as more people become tenured and there are less grey members, it sort of feels as though everyone is tenured/orange - and when they get to that point.. after a while it might be appropriate to upgrade them.
There are only a few blue-members for a reason, but there are PLENTY of orange members now..although some members who are orange might deserve to be upgraded just to acknowledge their status.

We don't find it unfair that there are some members who are ranked "blue" at this point do we? I don't believe anyone does because we know that they deserve to be acknowledged that way. So what's the harm in "upgrading" the status of others who deserve to be acknowledged that way? It wouldn't make a huge difference or necessarily give these people extra benefits - all it does is *acknowledge* them and let others know that they are heavy contributors to our little community. They take some responsibility in being familiar with the forum and many of the other members, and some have been around for a very long time.
I don't think it would make orange "tenured" members less important at all, it would just show that they are growing into the community and might not be as familiar with it as others are.
It doesn't have to be based on just number of posts..it could be number of posts for some, and then length of time you've been a member for others that are familiar with this place but just don't post as often. No not everyone always has something to contribute, but when people are able to contribute they might have very knowledgeable posts or good insight.

I think it is a shame that some who have been here for a very long time and are very knowledgeable and helpful are still at tenured status, when so many are quickly or easily tenured now.
I wouldn't mind if things stayed as they were, but this is a good idea and shouldn't be overlooked. Aside from the fact that it would be cool to acknowledge members, I think it would be nice to see different colours lol.

WILDNFREE
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Arkan sonney
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Sethunya
Zodiac:

Lilithesa wrote:I get a message, when I read/hear it.

I´ll just stick to helpdesk when I need an answer - I noticed I hardly get answers here anyway.

No hard feelings but I don´t need this.
Bye.
Sorry you feel this way Lili :hug: :hug: I do understand, I have felt like that too sometimes. I'm sure Seer didn't bring this up with the intention of making anyone feel bad though.

I actually agree that more colours would be good. I just don't know how it would work. After thinking about it I think it would be extrememely difficult to have a fair system. Whatever system you have, others will get upset. If it is time based, then those who have been here for say a year but perhaps have only posted once or twice would go up too (is that fair?). If it was informative based then who decides what is most informative? I have seen new members come in and give really good informative posts. If it is number of posts based then people would just do what they do now, as suga says, put lol, happy birthday, etc etc and it wouldn't be long before everyone was moved up which kinda defeats the object in my opinion.

I'm sure we can all think of a few people who we came in and thought, wow, that person really knows a lot, or that person seems to be really active, or that person doesn't post much but when they do .... If asked, right now, off the top of my head I could think of at least five names who I think should qualify to go up a level. Does that make me right? I dont' know, other people might come up with a different five names. Maybe that could be a way to do it, have a vote of say 10 people to be moved up and everyone votes for the 10 they think. (Just a thought on a fair way of doing it). BUT then would that be really fair if people just vote for their mates?? sorry, rambling now.

I personally have no problem at all seeing other members go up a level but I'm sure some people will feel let down that they weren't the chosen ones. But as my gran used to say, you can't have a boat without rocking it sometimes...
And I also think more colours would be nice ;)

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
Secretsensations
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

I wanna be yellow with purple pokydots!!!

Just kidding, was this post informative? of course it was, I informed you I wanted to be yellow with purple pokydots!! :silly:

I'm in a good mood today, what can I say?

This might be a good idea though, just don't know how it would work out.

Spiked
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Pixie Flubbadub

Looks a bit of a minefield to me... ::badday::

What's needed - and largely achieved with the "blue" coloring - is a way to identify those experienced keepers who will give a good reliable helpful answer, easy to recognise for anyone as soon as they join. :think: :problem: IMO.

Bringing Light since 2009

DISCLAIMER - nothing in this post is anything other than my own opinion and may not be even slightly interesting.
Haunted Tarot Magick
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: dont tell u :P
Zodiac:

ok.. i want my name to be like this LoukezXV

this is a very informative post of mine as well, as everyone can see how creative i am. :twisted:

wishing apon a star
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: White light Ones
If I could be anything, I would be...: Being My Divine Self
Zodiac:

Im a tenured member . Ive been here since Sun Oct 26, 2008 and I have about 2819 posts.
Im an orange member nothing wrong with it like others have said. Id like to think that my posts are upbeat and supportive where I can. I love this board and community as well because its such a blessing to my life personally. :grouphug:

I dont think Lady Seer brought this up to make a ruckus..I think she brought it up to be helpful and expand the original idea alittle.

We'll see what Magnolia and Ash think about it ,when they can.

Warmest Wishes<3
When I count my Blessings, I Always count You Twice<3
::bop:: Creepy Hollows Cheerleader ::bop::
Healings Happen with Love<3
Creepy Hollows Rocks My Socks !
Ambrosia Darkness
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 20
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Yeah I'm pretty sure it doesn't go by posts. It's all in how Magnolia and Ash know you. They have to make these decisions carefully and it's for our own safety and theirs. Lots of things have gone down on here in the past and security isn't taken lightly anymore!
AD

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I don't think it could ever be based on how informative people are in their posts. I couldn't imagine adding one more responsibility to our workload, it would be far too difficult to manage. I think trying to maintain a balance between people who are actively contributing & have been here a long time should continue to be the criteria for tenured membership. Of course I do agree that it wouldn't hurt to have a color between orange & blue as right now the criteria for blue is having at least a year and a half to two years on the board and/or you're active here or we know you in multiple venues and know you are knowledgeable in the paranormal. There is a gap between tenured & honored. I will put some thought into it because I have to go through membership this week again as I didn't have enough time to go through everything the system has "suggested" last week for membership changes.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:I don't think it could ever be based on how informative people are in their posts. I couldn't imagine adding one more responsibility to our workload, it would be far too difficult to manage. I think trying to maintain a balance between people who are actively contributing & have been here a long time should continue to be the criteria for tenured membership. Of course I do agree that it wouldn't hurt to have a color between orange & blue as right now the criteria for blue is having at least a year and a half to two years on the board and/or you're active here or we know you in multiple venues and know you are knowledgeable in the paranormal. There is a gap between tenured & honored. I will put some thought into it because I have to go through membership this week again as I didn't have enough time to go through everything the system has "suggested" last week for membership changes.

::party:: ::party:: ::party:: ::party:: ::party:: ::party:: ::party:: ::party:: ::party:: ::party::

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I just had another thought, what about having a different color for those members who are collectors & practitioners? That way members who collect & have Marketplace or eBay listings on a regular basis will be easily recognizable? Just a thought, let me know what you think.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER

Return to “Forum Suggestions”