An idea regarding membership levels

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

I don't want to dive into the debate, and color is far from everything, but I'm happy to see some savvy names in blue. ::dragons::

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

It's unfortunate if some are uneasy about the changes, but I respect everyone's opinion and understand.
I personally agree with Seer on this one and I am happy to see the colour changes. It's nice to see certain members' names in blue when I know they deserve it, and it's cool to be a "Green" now. Officially this month I believe marks a year for me here :dancing:

I do feel I know some people of this forum quite well, and we all have become pretty close.
I think that when it gets to a point where people are around and active long enough that others feel they have a good idea of who those people are, then they likely have earned their place.

WILDNFREE
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Arkan sonney
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Sethunya
Zodiac:

The new colours look GREAT :thumbup:

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”
Lilithesa
neophyte
neophyte

No, I am not uneasy about the change. My original feelings were I was just tenured and this subject came up. It just felt strange.
I posted before that it´s okay with me.
I might have different views about community structures but I can accept this one here. I said that. Everything is okay for me and I did apologize. Maybe not everyone read that.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."
~ Mahatma Gandhi
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Lilithesa wrote:No, I am not uneasy about the change. My original feelings were I was just tenured and this subject came up. It just felt strange.
I posted before that it´s okay with me.
I might have different views about community structures but I can accept this one here. I said that. Everything is okay for me and I did apologize. Maybe not everyone read that.
I read your posts. I guess I could have worded it a little differently, in a sense I was addressing anyone that might not fully agree with the change, or anything along those lines. I was just clarifying that I didn't think it was negative and if others did then I understand but i'm sure it will grow on people and they will come to appreciate it. Didn't mean to single you out or anything, sorry if it might have been taken that way. It's tough to convey stuff appropriately through text.

Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels

loukezxv wrote:ok.. i want my name to be like this LoukezXV

this is a very informative post of mine as well, as everyone can see how creative i am. :twisted:
:funnypost: :clap:
creepyhollows wrote:I just had another thought, what about having a different color for those members who are collectors & practitioners? That way members who collect & have Marketplace or eBay listings on a regular basis will be easily recognizable? Just a thought, let me know what you think.
If you do that, I want to be Purple! <--Like this! ;) :D
suga wrote:YAY! I turned smurfy today. ::bop::
Go You! You're Blue! My other favorite color! :)

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Kudos to darling Seer once again, Forum isZh ALot MorE RAinBoWYy!! ^__^ *CHEERS* ::bop::

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

::party::

SEER777
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA/DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A beloved pet
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Seer
Zodiac:

Killarican wrote:Kudos to darling Seer once again, Forum isZh ALot MorE RAinBoWYy!! ^__^ *CHEERS* ::bop::

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

::party::
Aww...thanks Killar :cloud9: It was definitely a group effort. :thumbup: I am glad people are happy with the changes. :D

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Seneca

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body." ~Seneca
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I agree that it is a small way to recognize those who contribute to the community. It may not seem like a very big deal, but in order for a community to stay alive it must be active, otherwise it falls to the wayside.

As far as Lil is concerned, she hasn't been around long enough to remember the days when the forum was relatively new & constantly attacked by fly-by-night sellers who didn't like their reviews, or people who felt the paranormal was against religion, people who thought an open, public forum to discuss spirits & magic was evil, etc. Some of us still have battle scars from keeping this forum alive. I don't know what kind of forum Lil has but this one started as controversial because it was the first forum that allowed open & public discussion about Spirit Keeping and in doing so it attracted good & bad attention. We had to take strides to protect the members. People wanted to be able to discuss all of these things without fear of scrutiny from the ignorant, jealous, or unscrupulously motivated.

Perhaps some explanation would help... a long time ago when the forum started everyone had the same color. It wasn't that long ago we implemented the first color change which was to add tenure. We hid the more personal portions of the forum so those who wanted to share personal details could without having to fear they would be open to public mockery or public scrutiny. This is why we started two different levels of membership, we ended up making two separate colors so members would know which other members were actually tenured and they could feel comfortable opening up a little more to them. New people to the board would also know at a quick glance which members have been here a long time and might have answers for them.

The blue was implemented not that long ago for the members who've been here a year and a half or longer and again, people know at a quick glance who has been here a long time and can offer some advice or insight as far as topics pertaining to the forum. It doesn't mean people who are new don't have anything to contribute, there are some who join who have long been integrated in the paranormal. It just means for those who are completely new they know immediately those who might have answers to provide to newbie questions.

The green, as you know was just added, and I don't see anything that is not adult in recognizing those who contribute to the community.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be recognized for your good works and nothing wrong with acknowledging people for good works. What a very sad world this would be if we all abandoned the thought of paying homage to those who give back to others through any small or great effort. I don't think anyone here is treated any differently, given any less respect, or admonished in any way because of the color of their name. I'm sorry, but the thought of it is ludicrous, we were all new here at one time or another, even myself when Ash & I started this. The people here may sometimes be a bit passionate in their disagreements, but overall this community has always been comprised of giving, generous, thoughtful, and kind people. The community would not have lasted so long if it were not.

If for no other reason it clearly shows to any newcomer that the Spirit Keeping community is not only growing but has members who've been participating a long time and this isn't a new fad that will fade.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
truthsmacabre
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 4
Zodiac:

:think: :eh: I think that I had a post drop off here? :lol: I swear I posted that I LOVED the colors!! Maybe it was another thread on the same subject?

What Magnolia has just said is the REASON why I LOVE IT HERE. I had grown completely disgusted with just about every forum that I had come across with regard to alternative belief systems and etc. This is one of about 3 that I have found that are run with ADULT conversation and is serious about different beliefs and etc. without being inundated by the pure unadulterated ignorance of juveniles or those of juvenile intelligence and character who feel that everything is about 'make believe' and this is their pissing ground! Pardon the terminology but I don't know how else to put it!

The funniest thing to me is the FACT that I came across this forum by way of one which I feel to be similar to what I have just described. I won't go into it further but do say that sometimes good comes out of the BAD. I have NO REGRETS as to the steps that I had to take to get here and be welcomed by the Family. It was all worth it!

And, for the record, I for one LOVE the colors idea!! :D :thumbup: :applause: 2cents

**edit** I just found where I said that I loved the colors!! It's actually in another thread! Just a DUUUU MOMENT!! :crazy:

ALTRUISTIC LOVE is giving yourself and others what is NEEDED instead of what is WANTED via EMOTION and EGO. Getting what is WANTED, well that's another matter all together!! That requires WORK and involves actions which some times need to be done in unseen natures.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”