Southern Pecan Sandies

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

The absolute best cookies ever. I can't make enough of these when I make them...everyone LOVES them.

1 cup butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1-2 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1 cup powdered sugar

Beat butter in a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for about a minute until creamy. Add the granulated sugar and beat about a minute more. Add the vanilla and beat until combined.

Add the pecans, one cup of the flour and 1 tablespoon water. Beat until combined.

Add the remaining flour and 1 tablespoon of water if needed. Beat until combined. If needed, stir with spoon and combine dough with hands to incorporate all the flour, and you have a stiff ball of cookie dough.

I like to use a scale and measure each cookie to be about 12-14grams. This makes a perfect size cookie.

Shape dough into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten the balls slightly with fingers.

Bake cookies in a 325 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.

Cool on a wire rack but not TOO cool or powdered sugar will not stick very well.

Place 1 cup of powdered sugar in a Ziploc bag. Place between 2-4 cookies at a time in bag and gently shake to cover with powdered sugar. Place on rack to completely cool. If needed, sprinkle some more powdered sugar on cookies after they have completely cooled.

TIP: Store and serve these cookies straight out of the refrigerator. They have such a high butter content that when refrigerated, the butter in the cookies will harden and the cookies MELT IN YOUR MOUTH.

Makes about 48 cookies
:drool:

FeyLady68
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Thea or you can just call me Fey
Zodiac:

Sounds interesting Ellegria! I'll definitely try it next time I need a cookie recipe. I always loved pecan sandies and haven't had them in ages. :thumbup:

Best wishes!

Spirit of the Earth... remember...
Spirit of the Sky... remember...

Return to “Dinner to Die For”