Hammer
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Wands, what are they good for? What type of wands exist? What uses do they have? Why have a wand?

Ordained Minister, Father, Padre', or Pastor "Hammer"

"In that book, which is my memory, on the first page of the chapter that is the day when I first met you, appear the words 'Here begins a new life."
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

i love wands and i have quite a collection which i use! i have a wand for conjuration only; a wand for love/romance work; a wand just for white art spirits; a wand for da spirits; a wand for health and so forth. wands come in all different sizes from pocket/purse size to the larger more elaborate ones.

consider a wand as an extension of your energy arm. it allows you to have an end to focus on since most wants have a crystal at the end but regardless all wands have a pointed tip so as to focus energy flow and direction. in the very beginning i'd laugh or chuckle when my mentor would ask "where is your wand, use your wand" and while we might not use the flourish that the students in hogwarts might be taught, a wand is used as a tool to direct energy.

wands also come in every shape and material from wood to wood and gems to metal to metal and gemstones - a wand is simple to elaborate and if you are looking for one that suits you it might be a while for the "right one" to find you. take for example magnolia's wand in the online store for sale with the carved ivy leaves. whenever i look at this wand i get a peace and calm come over me and i simply am mesmerized by the simplicity of the wand yet there is something so extremely deep in it that i know it is looking for someone to "teach" from the start. while it interests me because of it's design and crafting, it doesn't call to me. :( but it's ok since someone is going to be very lucky (if it is even still available, lol).

if i think of more i'll add a bit later. great topic hammer! hugs, :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
L0vebug
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Great information crone! I have a wand from CH and it does feel like an extension of the energies flowing out of your hands. Thank you for sharing :)

hupsu
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 20
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Thanks crone. I had been thinking about going out in nature this summer and look for good wand/staff materials. Maybe my spirits can guide me to the perfect places.

"What's a philosopher? Someone who's bright enough
to find a job with no heavy lifting." - Terry Pratchett
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

great info! I do have a question though,and it might make me sound like I am clueless.BUT..I received the moon goddess wand (the free over $100 gift) and love it.BUT...which way do I hold it? Do I have the tip be what points, or the top part with the moon goddesses head,which is also holding a stone?

(can you all tell this is my first wand, ever?) I just have been holding it,and feeling it's energy,not waving it around going "Bippidty Boppity Boo") lol

Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

At a guess, it would depend what you were using it for. If a general greeting or summoning, hold with the goddess head upright. If a particular spell-casting or similar, use the pointy end to direct your energy towards the alter or the vessel you are binding a spirit to or whatever. Might be wrong, tho, cos I do not have one!

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Mongrella wrote:At a guess, it would depend what you were using it for. If a general greeting or summoning, hold with the goddess head upright. If a particular spell-casting or similar, use the pointy end to direct your energy towards the alter or the vessel you are binding a spirit to or whatever. Might be wrong, tho, cos I do not have one!
sounds good to me, so if you're wrong,that's okay.I only want to hold it to feel the powers,not for any magic purposes,as i am not anywhere near ready to try magic myself just yet.that might cause a HUGE kerfuffle. lol

Sassy
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 100000
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of my creations.
If I could be anything, I would be...: What I am, Goddess..
My magical/paranormal name...: Sassy, Rhea, the death phantom, the chaotic bit@h...
Zodiac:

I have a question. I have a chakra wand and do not know how to use it... all advise would be appreciated. I really want to learn to work with it because I am a natural healer but here lately I seem to have a hard time healing and clearing my own chakras. :(

Blessings,
Sassy

Be the bi@ch you are inside and fu@k the rest...
sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor

I would recommend sitting or laying down and then pointing the wand at each of the chakras. You should get a sensation of the chakras heating up and/or feel them spinning. You should do this on a weekly basis and make sure to clear and charge the wand. You will find the process either very relaxing or very stimulating depending on how your chakras need to be spun. It's best if you can also visualize what the chakra should look like. I tend towards working with color associations in the form of large glass circles and will clear the chakras until they are perfectly clear. Example: when working with the root chakra, I will picture a large red orb. I can feel it heating up and I will see the wand dissolving any imperfections in the orb. When it's clear, I know it's time to move onto the sacral chakra.

Hope this helps.

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
Sassy
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 100000
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of my creations.
If I could be anything, I would be...: What I am, Goddess..
My magical/paranormal name...: Sassy, Rhea, the death phantom, the chaotic bit@h...
Zodiac:

Thank you so much! I have always used direct energy from the moon and a wand is very new to me. I am going to work with it now :)

Be the bi@ch you are inside and fu@k the rest...

Return to “Educational Material”