Defenses Against the Dark Arts

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Good points Lamp.

So what I'm hearing is we need a section to address protection, with key points in a sticky, and individual issues wanting help
of advice, under the heading, but each in it's own thread.

We also need to sticky under DA spirits, a thread on house rules. One that would pop up no matter which spirit you choose.

Stickies are not open to debate, they are posted suggestions for care of DA and basic protection rules, and individual threads
are utilized to discuss various aspects.

Perhaps a committee could help to put together quotes from may different posts for Magnolia and Ash to review and use as a sticky?
The best of the many different posts. I think it would be worthwhile.

Lamp: My son actually did stick a bean up his nose, when he was two. It sprouted and we took him to the doctor. It created a foul discharge,
and we could see the obstruction but didn't know what it was. It turned out to be a pinto bean. Mercy knows what induced him to do that.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:
So what I'm hearing is we need a section to address protection, with key points in a sticky, and individual issues wanting help
of advice, under the heading, but each in it's own thread.

We also need to sticky under DA spirits, a thread on house rules. One that would pop up no matter which spirit you choose.

hopefully that would include the most frequent asked "what type of spirit should i get for protection." now my question is would it cut down on those frequently asked questions since it looks like hardly anyone is using the search function as it is. for example instead of people asking what type of spirit they should get for protection and they only keep WA spirits there could be a list of the top 5 (sorry i think ten is a little bit redundant) powerful WA protective spirits. same would go for the DA protective spirits. maybe a disclaimer stating on certain ones are recommended for experienced DA keepers only (just so newer members would think twice about getting that particular spirit).

Stickies are not open to debate, they are posted suggestions for care of DA and basic protection rules, and individual threads
are utilized to discuss various aspects.

exactly and i think imo that's probably what should of happened with the spirit keeping section. i see magnolia's hard work buried under people's threads of wanting to share their happiness that their package arrived and three posts later they ask what is bridging when it's in that section.

Perhaps a committee could help to put together quotes from may different posts for Magnolia and Ash to review and use as a sticky?
The best of the many different posts. I think it would be worthwhile.

that sounds good, they could start from the bottom and work their way to the top. cutting out most of the members questions to just the person asking for help and their description of what is happening to magnolia/ash saying this is what was causing it and here's how it was taken care of. so people don't have to read questions about what an EMF meter is and other (polite word) "fluff" from the thread.

p.s. i'm glad you're back as well alex.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

dilvsy wrote:I too, think this would be a great idea..and also, maybe not have people who THINK they are experts spout off their advice, but have the TRUE experts be the ones to give some good advice, and tips. :thumbup:
Killarican wrote:I feel some forum member(Not naming names.) give the impression that they would be more forgiving towards a 'demonic' entity then they would Hitler or a Serial killer.
I'm know both of these quotes are directed at me. I've never tried to manipulate others with my advice, nor do I think I know everything. I've only been on this path for a few years and have a long ways to go. Can I offer suggestions and advice like everyone else? Yes, it's an open internet forum. I'm not an expert, but I can share what I do believe and know.

Now I KNOW the second one is about me since Hitler and serial killers were specifically mentioned in MY thread on death spells. Yes, I can say I have a bond with my demons, who I've never used to kill and have never hurt me. Do I completely trust them? No. Would I forgive them if they messed with me? It's take effort on their behalf. When my demons do hurt, it is with reason. Hitler had reasons too, but most serial killers did not. It's an invalid statement.

Now back on topic, this is a good idea as a subforum, but not a whole forum section. We need a protective spirit guide on the boards, since most newbies can't find the top ten link in the encyclopedia (which had top ten spirits for protection). Hell, this can go under White Arts in the spells section.

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

It was NOT directed at you. It was an observation over a common shared consensus that multiple spirit keepers hold, Even beyond spirit keeping i do see it in other paranormal forums unrelated to CH.

Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

Killarican wrote:It was NOT directed at you. It was an observation over a common shared consensus that multiple spirit keepers hold, Even beyond spirit keeping i do see it in other paranormal forums unrelated to CH.
Hmm. Well, I've stated my opinions on the matter anyway.

But really, the most protective spirits are listed in a top ten in the encyclopedia... why do so many people have trouble finding it? ::facepalm::

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Wynter :hug: Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

PsycloneDeth wrote: But really, the most protective spirits are listed in a top ten in the encyclopedia... why do so many people have trouble finding it? ::facepalm::
it's not so much as they have trouble finding it, more in the fact that no one bothers to search for it. so the same questions get asked. i sometimes wonder if anyone (including tenure) use the search function any more. having been here less than a year, i as well as other members who've been here even longer, see the board go into a repetitive question mode. same questions, just a different person asking.

it's not so much as just a top (what ever number we want to use) protective spirit thing. but also that it would house such things as what happens when you do get attacked by a feeder, trickster, or malevolent entity. what to look for, how to tell the difference between your spirits vs. an outside force playing tricks on you. even in surgery there's a waiver that you have to sign stating that you are aware of the risks of said surgeries and in the extreme case even death can happen. but even with the waivers, few people actually read all that it entails and sign blindly away. same can be said with DA's. so i just figured it would be an ideal that they can see what happens when you think it's one thing and turns out it's not at all what was expected.

when i first started off, one month into keeping i was attacked. i can't see spirits but i can feel them and hear them. this feeder was so strong that even when i sent it to other members of the forum (they did this willingly) they could sense exactly what i was sensing. it blocked my spirits and decided that it would be their voice and energy. only after i asked for help from magnolia did i find out that it wasn't spirits that were coming to me but a feeder that was draining me. i've never heard of these types of entities, i didn't realize things like this even existed. so i thought that it would be nice for newer members to realize that even though they may keep spirits/creatures that are WA that something could come in and pull the wool over their eyes as well.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

PsycloneDeth wrote:
dilvsy wrote:I too, think this would be a great idea..and also, maybe not have people who THINK they are experts spout off their advice, but have the TRUE experts be the ones to give some good advice, and tips. :thumbup:
Killarican wrote:I feel some forum member(Not naming names.) give the impression that they would be more forgiving towards a 'demonic' entity then they would Hitler or a Serial killer.
I'm know both of these quotes are directed at me. I've never tried to manipulate others with my advice, nor do I think I know everything. I've only been on this path for a few years and have a long ways to go. Can I offer suggestions and advice like everyone else? Yes, it's an open internet forum. I'm not an expert, but I can share what I do believe and know.

Now I KNOW the second one is about me since Hitler and serial killers were specifically mentioned in MY thread on death spells. Yes, I can say I have a bond with my demons, who I've never used to kill and have never hurt me. Do I completely trust them? No. Would I forgive them if they messed with me? It's take effort on their behalf. When my demons do hurt, it is with reason. Hitler had reasons too, but most serial killers did not. It's an invalid statement.

Now back on topic, this is a good idea as a subforum, but not a whole forum section. We need a protective spirit guide on the boards, since most newbies can't find the top ten link in the encyclopedia (which had top ten spirits for protection). Hell, this can go under White Arts in the spells section.
:offtopic: Mercury Retrograde. He isn't talking about you. His reference to Hitler was a random example of evil even though we had a post talking about if we would kill Hitler ourselves. I stated I would not, and I know he's not talking about me. Dilsvy isn't talking about you either. It was a general statement. Something I would have said.

Anyhoo...back to the topic. :grouphug:

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Dark Abyss wrote:
PsycloneDeth wrote: But really, the most protective spirits are listed in a top ten in the encyclopedia... why do so many people have trouble finding it? ::facepalm::
it's not so much as they have trouble finding it, more in the fact that no one bothers to search for it. so the same questions get asked. i sometimes wonder if anyone (including tenure) use the search function any more. having been here less than a year, i as well as other members who've been here even longer, see the board go into a repetitive question mode. same questions, just a different person asking.
I use the search function, but I'm also very weird like that. It also probably has to do with the fact that I have a librarian degree and my first instinct when I have a question is to research answers first, then ask if I can't find what I want to know. But I"ve also seen the board go through repetitious questions, and I've only been here six months. But it's also hard, sometimes, to hit the search function if you're not sure what you're searching for.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

Untaimed
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them....
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I think it's a wonderful idea!

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal. -Albert Pine.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”