Volunteers needed for research

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Okay...here's the deal with Google Docs.

It's a little weird....

I CAN share a document with a NON-gmail user however, you can't actually access the document unless you log in. So its sort of a catch-22.

If there are people who have no desire to open a Gmail account, then the only solution I have to set the access of the document to "anyone can view and edit who has the URL of the document." The document wouldn't be published to the web so I don't THINK it would be accessable to spam...but I'm not 100% certain about that.

GMAIL accounts are free...so it would be no big deal for everyone to just open an account to keep the entire thing secure. But I can't presume that that scenario is okay with everyone...even though I don't see it as a problem

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed if you want to proceed with online sharing in real-time like this.

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Sounds like it's a gmail account needed. I will get one set up. If we are lucky, we can use our CH names and gmail dotcom.
Yes Lamp, let's look at using your case study. At this point, we're open to anything and everything.

What keywords do we want to search and how many pages for each key word? Maybe we could each take a range of pages ?

Elle, a doc for protection and one for DA faq ?

Okay, I have an account with my log in name here.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:Sounds like it's a gmail account needed. I will get one set up. If we are lucky, we can use our CH names and gmail dotcom.
Yes Lamp, let's look at using your case study. At this point, we're open to anything and everything.

What keywords do we want to search and how many pages for each key word? Maybe we could each take a range of pages ?

Elle, a doc for protection and one for DA faq ?
I already have one setup for the FAQ. I can create a second for protection.

All I'd need are people's gmail addresses and I can invite them to join. Tenured+ users can send a PM. I suppose the best thing to do is setup a "dummy" auction on the Marketplace so people can contact me there.

I'll go do that now and post the URL here so anyone whether tenured or not can contact me with the gmail account.

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Okay...if you've volunteered for this project, I'll need your gmail address. If you don't have one, please set one up. It's free. You can use your Forum username in order to protect your real name. For instance, my gmail account is
ellegria at gmail blah blah blah.

Obviously, can't put email addys here so you'll either need to PM me or you can contact me via the marketplace at this URL.
http://www.creepyhollows.com/marketplac ... _id=107483

Oh....and please don't bid on that auction!! :crazy:

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

DOH! Silly me...we're not allowed to enter email addresses via PM either. The info will get stripped out. So just give me the first part of the email address and I'll know to add the at-gmail-dot-com

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

sister alex i see you've got some wonderful hands here to help you - look forward to seeing what you ladies come up with cause i know it's going to be insightful and extremely helpful not only to newbies but to experienced keepers as well. :) :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Alex and Wynter....you should have received an email at the gmail address you sent me, inviting you to join the document and share/edit online. Let me know if you didn't receive it. There will be a link to the document inside the email and then you'll have to log in with your Gmail account.

Untaimed
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them....
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I was waiting to volunteer in order to make sure I didn't take the space that could be used for someone with more knowledge about protection & DA than I do, but if help is still needed, I'm willing to do whatever is needed.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal. -Albert Pine.
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Untaimed, it is not about how much you know personally, this is research. We are searching old posts because there have been many good answers thru the years, copying and pasting them to the document. We'll organize later what is in the doc. There is no one helping on protection. I can not do this alone.

For Protection, I thought some search words might be:
Protection (288 pages)
grounding & centering (4 pages)
clearing (74 pages)
banishing ( 22 pages)

Other ideas?

Outline of how to put information together, (just a suggestion, open to improvement, the criteria should be very loosely
translated)

Different ways to protect oneself.

Exercises to do in preparation of being able to protect oneself.
(focus exercises, or honing one' meditation skills)
(grounding & centering)

How to:

Clear your home
Clear your personal space
Banish unwanted spirit

Some case histories and how they were handled:

(Dark Abyss's experience if she would like to write up to share ? )
Others?

Don't worry at first if the info is in the right place, we will re-work the document and re-arrange info to fall under
the correct category.

Question for everyone: Do we leave the person's name on who wrote the original quote or how to, or use only
the information without the byline. I'm in favor of using only info without names. A conglomeration of all the best thoughts posted
to CH. What does everyone else think?

If you want to be on a committee and help, please contact Ellegria. Set up a gmail account just for this action, if you can, use
your forum name then "at gmail dot com" just to keep it simple. You can delete the account after we are done.

Namaste,
Alex

Nickleback
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ellegria, how do we save the doc after we have made changes to it?

I see it, 'save now' in the upper right hand corner

But I am unable to copy something from the forum and paste it onto the google doc. It wants me to give a link.
I tried putting it into text box and that doesn't work either. Apparently I am not quite tech savvy enough to make it
work.

So far, I'm collecting onto a reg word doc in my computer. Anyone with any good advice they can find, please copy and
email to me until I can get this figured out. .

Nickleback

Return to “Forum Suggestions”