Saw a listing I'm drawn too, but is it too Dark For me?

angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 236
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All OF THEM!!!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Healer/Psychic
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... featured=Y I'm really drawn to this but when I read " They are powerful in the works of magic that causes destruction and bad luck." I'm like wait a sec, I'm not the kind of person who would want bad luck or destruction to happen to anyone unless it's a child molester, animal abuser, serial killer, etc. Even if they deserve it I couldn't do anything to them because of karma and I'm just not like that. So why am I drawn to her? I did put her in my cart and I don't know if I should. I was holding my familar vessel last night and he I envisioned him (not sure if it was him or my imagination) but he told me that I need to learn magick. She's a magickal spirit but I don't think I'll do any black magick????

A hundred years from now it will not matter what sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was or what car I drove...but the world may be a better place because I was important to the lives of animals and 'creatures' of this earth.
sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced

The real answer is only you can make that decision. It maybe that this particular spirit is calling to you because it wants to teach you something and the only way that you will know is to bring her home. I would just make sure that you have a firm set of house rules that include taking no actions without your specific permission in place before the spirit gets there.

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

House rules? Need to find out about how to do that properly. DA is really new to me.

A hundred years from now it will not matter what sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was or what car I drove...but the world may be a better place because I was important to the lives of animals and 'creatures' of this earth.
moongypsy
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dark and white
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being me
My magical/paranormal name...: moongypsy

Hi! For me, house rules is a list of very strict rules that I read to my spirits just after invoking and welcoming them into my spirit family. Such as: Treat me with respect and take my rules seriously because if you don't, I will take measures of defense which can lead to rehoming, Do not act on my dark thoughts and fantasies unless specifically asked to, Be truthful: NEVER LIE TO ME, Keep regard to the safety of myself and my family (child, pets, spirit family) by keeping force proportional to the offense when protection is asked for/ needed, Never frighten or harm my child in any way, shape or form, Get along with the rest of the spirit family and if you can't, ignore them- no fighting ios tolerated in my home, Never try to twist or break any of these rules or any rules I may add in the future. These are just some of my house rules and some of them are ones that I've read on here from other members, which has been very helpful. I read these rules to ALL of my spirits, both WA and DA. If you have DA, I believe the rules must be intricate and you must be firm while reading them. I re-read these rules every so often to my spirits as well as when I aquire a new spirit.

As far as your question about even aquiring a DA spirit, I know for me that if I feel fear or doubt I never go with it, even if it is intriguing (however you spell it, lol). I have one that is SO dark that I wonder how in the world the two of us came together but I also believe that everything happens for a reason. Like you, I was so incredibly drawn to this spirit and I do not regret a thing, at least so far. It is good to be cautious... the fact that you are, I believe, is a very positive thing because it means you realize what a huge responsibility DA are. I have a ton to learn, am new here and am by no means an expert on DA or spirit keeping, just try to help if I can. :)

There is a thin line between brilliance and insanity
sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced

You can search the forum as I know that discussions on rules for spirits comes up frequently. Essentially you just need to have rules about what your spirits can and can't do. It's not such a big thing with WA, but for DA....well, let's just suggest that some of them will see just how far they can push the boundary.

You might include things that they need to have permission to do, such as taking revenge; not scaring any family, friends, pets, etc. without your permission; moving things is ok, hiding things isn't. Essentially it's a lot like setting boundaries for children except they will tend towards having a greater ability to get into trouble.

It's sounds much more difficult than it really is.

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

I'm fairly knowledgeable with Finnish folklore and I have one on the way. Ajatars (especially the mother Ajatar who is an Immortal) are very dark in nature, they're more likely to destroy and conquer than to help make things right for you. Ajatar roughly translates to "forest devil" or something.

If you set rules or boundaries on these, they will NOT be happy.

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

angelpaws, beautiful piece and i get a wonderful feel around it. most times in our journey as keeper we're drawn to a spirit that first time for a da where we are convinced we're not ready for it. however, you have certainly found this listing for a reason and more than likely the female ajatar has called you and she knows you are capable of handling her - or she is going to work with you. all da spirits are a responsibility and there is the issue of house rules as sage pointed out - but no big deal and there's so many topics already on da spirits and house rules. but because you are drawn to this listing i have to believe there is something specific why you were called to her. no da spirits will ever harm their keeper or their family, not sure if anyone keyed in on that above but i wanted to add that for your peace of mind. also we know there are varying degrees of dark to the da spirits from light to extremely dark. she could well fall into the lighter side. plus she is a ch conjuration and if she were very dangerous or very dark magnolia and ash would have listed her as such, and they didn't. :)

it happened with me way back when and while i can't remember the first da who came home i do remember thinking, i'm not sure i'm ready for this but there must be a reason. if you turn her away you might just miss out on a positively great learning experience. however, you do have the decision and i don't believe anyone has the right to tell another keeper it's wrong for them.

again, i do not get a nasty feeling but almost like a motherly one from the item. please let us know what you decide and if you bring her home, keep us updated please! :hug: :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Thanks! Want to hear something weird. I had it in my cart and was going to place an order today. I went back later and it was gone from my cart (I didn't remove it.) Went to what's new in store and looked it up and it said it was 'out of stock' I didn't buy it and I didn't remove it from my cart. So it must have been one of my spirits because no one else can get in my cart and remove it. One of my spirits likes to hang out on my computer. I'll be on the computer and the cursor arrow will be al over the screen and I have to wiggle my mouse to get control of the cursor and tell whoever it is to knock it off. I may have drawn to the Ajatar but I kept hinking (or it's the spirits putting this in my head) but I don't think my spirits wanted that in the house. And the spirit who messes with my computer took it out of my cart knowing that someone else would buy her before I put her back in my cart. It's the only explanation I can think of. I don't have is dark spirits in my house. Sure I have vamps and werewolves and Arachne, but they aren't realy 'dark' they are are rather mellow even though I have never really interected with them yet except Arachne (she's very in your face, but not mean if that makes any sense) so I think if that Ajatar would have made life for my other spirits hell and me too. Dodged a bullet there. Guess my spirits do know what's best for me.

angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

crone maatkaere wrote:angelpaws, beautiful piece and i get a wonderful feel around it. most times in our journey as keeper we're drawn to a spirit that first time for a da where we are convinced we're not ready for it. however, you have certainly found this listing for a reason and more than likely the female ajatar has called you and she knows you are capable of handling her - or she is going to work with you. all da spirits are a responsibility and there is the issue of house rules as sage pointed out - but no big deal and there's so many topics already on da spirits and house rules. but because you are drawn to this listing i have to believe there is something specific why you were called to her. no da spirits will ever harm their keeper or their family, not sure if anyone keyed in on that above but i wanted to add that for your peace of mind. also we know there are varying degrees of dark to the da spirits from light to extremely dark. she could well fall into the lighter side. plus she is a ch conjuration and if she were very dangerous or very dark magnolia and ash would have listed her as such, and they didn't. :)

it happened with me way back when and while i can't remember the first da who came home i do remember thinking, i'm not sure i'm ready for this but there must be a reason. if you turn her away you might just miss out on a positively great learning experience. however, you do have the decision and i don't believe anyone has the right to tell another keeper it's wrong for them.

again, i do not get a nasty feeling but almost like a motherly one from the item. please let us know what you decide and if you bring her home, keep us updated please! :hug: :grouphug:
I want to get one, but that one must not have been right but I do think I'm drawn to Ajatars so in my next order I'll ask for a custom one so it's compatable with my crazy little spirit family :D

Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

angelpaws wrote:I want to get one, but that one must not have been right but I do think I'm drawn to Ajatars so in my next order I'll ask for a custom one so it's compatable with my crazy little spirit family :D
That might work. I only have one on the way and can feel her already. It's a beautiful feeling, but horribly malicious in nature, at least mine is.

If you want her energies to be calmer, try getting a binding of Gana (even if just in a c3 binding), the Translyvanian "mother of the woods". The two go together perfectly though one is Finnish and one is Trans, Gana's motherly energies quell the anger of the much darker forest guardians, the Ajatara (proper Finnish plural for Ajatar) ;)

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey

Return to “Dark Arts”