EDIT & DELETE

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Hammer wrote:I can see why it's not available to forum members --- as I thought hey that's a great idea and suddenly thought, that's a bad idea. Let's say an issue arises, where the Moderator/Admin is informed of a post, but suddenly the post is MIA or edited beyond the original content (the extremes). Then having posts litter a topic or thread that regarded the previous post (whether it was the post that started the topic or thread in the first place or somewhere within the middle of it) and missing the initial one, could leave a gaping hole in to the "what happened?" factor. I don't think it's advisable to have the delete button for everyone; but the Edit button, possibly. I'm really on the fence with this one --- just my thoughts.
makes much sense..! :thumbup:

Greetings,Tasha
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

i think for BLOGS the delete option should be working at all times, but agree with Hammer now that he emntioned it, with it not being so wise for the rest of the forum.

SomeGuy
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 15
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I think this is a good idea. A couple days ago I had a computer freeze which accidentally double posted the same topic... I tried to go back and delete but was not able too.

Best,
Matt

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

this would not be a bad idea at all since i've just found out that google has our personal threads out in the internet and can be found/read by anyone googling keywords.
Could you give me an example? I will look into how to rectify this if it's happening. However, even if there is a sentence of a thread when the person clicks on it they would not be able to open & view the topic if it's on the tenured part of the board. Same with any photographs on the board.

As for the edit/delete I will have to familiarize myself with the admin portion of the controls. Ever since we upgraded to the newest version of phpBB there has been inconsistency in the controls users are allowed to have, i.e. some forums having the edit button & some not.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:
this would not be a bad idea at all since i've just found out that google has our personal threads out in the internet and can be found/read by anyone googling keywords.
Could you give me an example? I will look into how to rectify this if it's happening. However, even if there is a sentence of a thread when the person clicks on it they would not be able to open & view the topic if it's on the tenured part of the board. Same with any photographs on the board.

As for the edit/delete I will have to familiarize myself with the admin portion of the controls. Ever since we upgraded to the newest version of phpBB there has been inconsistency in the controls users are allowed to have, i.e. some forums having the edit button & some not.
Magnolia, here is an example, I used ghostbox session in google, and my posts come up

http://www.google.ca/search?q=ghostbox+ ... rt=10&sa=N
(6 down from top of page)
not that I mind, but hmmmmmmmmmm...

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm going to log out & see if I can open the link.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, that one comes up because it's in a public forum. Do you have an example from a non-public forum (tenured thread)?

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Well, that one comes up because it's in a public forum. Do you have an example from a non-public forum (tenured thread)?

ooohhhhh.... ::facepalm:: my bad! hahaha.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am looking into the edit/delete functionality. I want to make sure what it applies only to posts the user actually wrote & that other members cannot edit/delete other members posts.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

dilvsy wrote:i think for BLOGS the delete option should be working at all times, but agree with Hammer now that he emntioned it, with it not being so wise for the rest of the forum.
The problem with this is that unlike a REAL blog, where the author posts a thread and then other people posts COMMENTS to that thread, this is technically a forum. So if you were to delete your thread, does that mean that all threads underneath should be deleted also? Get my meaning?? Because if that happens then YOU are deleting the posts that don't belong to you, even though they were posted in your blog.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”