marker for heated discussions and urgent topics

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
remington
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

i was thinking how about a little marker button for when discussions are becoming a little heated but before the point that they need to be reported and one for urgent attention or help placed down near the quote and report buttons so that they can be acted on quickly and without adding more traffic to the help desk
just a random thought i could be way off base here :thumbup:

cheers rach
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Its a difficult call. Why?

Problem 1:
Because if people don't call one another names and make personal slights and so on, then the issue of childishness and rudeness comes up, but if a person is treated in this way, they have a right to respond and hopefully a strong response, but not stooping to the low level of the other person.

Problem 2:
Everyone has a different level of thought and attitude about what can be accepted and what cannot be accepted.

Problem 3:
In any discussion that is serious, people with different viewpoint will disagree and have a right to say that someone is partial or wholly wrong.

So could a marker be used? Personally, while I respect you freedom of viewpoint and have found many of your posts on CH to be interesting, important, and myself being in agreement with you, here I do disagree, as I believe this solution willlimit different viewpoints and wind up with everyone becoming less and less intersted in general conversation.

I do believe in the Socratic attitude that everyone has to be ready to justify and/or prove that what they say is true. Also, tere is the right withing free speech to say that you dislike something based upon some reason of your own. Where this doesn't work is when it is a personal attack because that is entirely uncalled for.

So I think that sometimes things will get ot and other times they will not - and this is part and parcel of the formation process of new knowledge.....and lead to a realm where "total agreement" and "buddyism" takes the place of the learning process and the mental growth process for the growth of intellect.

Even though I strongly disagree, also I praise and commend your good heart and your instinct for working to make things better, and for that I thank you very much.

Caiyros

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
remington
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

thankyou Caiyros for your input and i totally agree with your points ....it was a random thought that i just wanted to put out there :D
thanks for your input i always appreciate your feedback just the fact that you took the time makes me feel valid and more confident in making another suggestion in the future

cheers rach
slxix
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process

Caiyros Arlan wrote:Its a difficult call. Why?

Problem 1:
Because if people don't call one another names and make personal slights and so on, then the issue of childishness and rudeness comes up, but if a person is treated in this way, they have a right to respond and hopefully a strong response, but not stooping to the low level of the other person.

Problem 2:
Everyone has a different level of thought and attitude about what can be accepted and what cannot be accepted.

Problem 3:
In any discussion that is serious, people with different viewpoint will disagree and have a right to say that someone is partial or wholly wrong.

So could a marker be used? Personally, while I respect you freedom of viewpoint and have found many of your posts on CH to be interesting, important, and myself being in agreement with you, here I do disagree, as I believe this solution willlimit different viewpoints and wind up with everyone becoming less and less intersted in general conversation.

I do believe in the Socratic attitude that everyone has to be ready to justify and/or prove that what they say is true. Also, tere is the right withing free speech to say that you dislike something based upon some reason of your own. Where this doesn't work is when it is a personal attack because that is entirely uncalled for.

So I think that sometimes things will get ot and other times they will not - and this is part and parcel of the formation process of new knowledge.....and lead to a realm where "total agreement" and "buddyism" takes the place of the learning process and the mental growth process for the growth of intellect.

Even though I strongly disagree, also I praise and commend your good heart and your instinct for working to make things better, and for that I thank you very much.

Caiyros

C Your a walking Contradiction.

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

THERE USED TO BE A "WARN" BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POSTS. DOES THE WARN BUTTON STILL SHOW UP? IF NOT WE CAN LOOK INTO IT.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

ash, it's still there to the bottom right with an explanation mark (when you click towards it you get "report this post"). so, it's still there but not as in what rach initially suggested. ::wave:: :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile

Return to “Forum Suggestions”