You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Anna Valentina LeCoeurneige
Zodiac:

I've purchase many of my spirits from Creepy Hollows, but the last few months, I've decided to branch out a bit as well and I've been checking out the eBay sellers mentioned on this forum. I ended up checking out Elizabeth's (bythepowerof3) store recently and was drawn to an Ilmu Khodam that she had listed. I've seen them mentioned on the forum before, but never thought I'd actually be drawn to welcoming one into my life.

Anyway, my husband and I have been packing everything up to move into storage so that I can move back into my parents' home while he is deployed - I have an elderly relative who requires around-the-clock care, so I stepped up and volunteered since my life will be at a standstill while I'm taking a break from college. I had my order shipped to my parents' place and something rather incredible happened as soon as my father brought the package in. I wasn't there to witness the event, but both he and my mother - without knowing what was in the package - re-told the story to me pretty vividly.

A water pipe burst in the wall and my father couldn't pinpoint it, so he had to call in a professional. Apparently, my parents' furnace was blocking the area of the wall where the pipe had exploded. Word from the professionals is that the furnace had a major crack in it, around where it was connected. From what they determined, the crack was there long before the pipe in the wall had burst. Given the state of the furnace, they say that my parents were lucky to not have died from carbon monoxide poisoning, or worse yet - the furnace could have exploded and the entire house could have gone up in flames. While I personally enjoy playing with fire, I don't like the idea of my parents or their home in danger. Sure, their basement ended up partially flooded, but everyone is still alive. Without the pipe bursting, they might have found out about the furnace way too late - apparently, the carbon monoxide monitor they had was malfunctioning. The price of a new furnace was a small price to pay, considering the alternate situation.

I also had a pair of Ifrit Djinn in that same order, and I can't help but think that all three of them were in on the pipe bursting. I strongly get the feeling that my Ilmu Khodam was behind it, but I also get the feeling that that both Ifrit Djinn also had a hand in it all. I've got to give credit where it's due, and I'm extremely grateful to my spirits for looking out for my family.

Both Ifrit Djinn so far have been quick to manifest in dreams, but my Ilmu Khodam has actually appeared to me in waking life - as well as to my husband. I thought I was going crazy at first since I've never had a full-on visual manifestation when it comes to my spirits until now, but my husband saw him as well. Clear as day. He agrees that the spirit was a benevolent force, like we're being watched over - there's definitely a protective vibe going on, here.

The side effect to this is that my religious husband now believes that we're being watched over by a guardian spirit... without knowing that I'm a spirit collector and I invite spirits into our home on a regular basis.

I can honestly say that even though my husband and I seem to have a psychic connection with each other, I've never seen him display psychic tendencies outside of that until now. On top of that, some of my other spirits have appeared to him in dreams. His description of my Psy Vamp was dead-on and it sounds as though he's been cavorting with my animal guardians in his sleep. Literally cavorting - dancing in a field with "bears and a wolf that all had distinct personalities." He thought I'd think he had a wild imagination when he confessed it, animal personalities and all, but I had to bite my tongue and suppress an amazed laugh at his description.

I'm wary of bringing up the whole subject of spirit collecting to him because of his attachment to the religious - not only am I afraid of what he'll say about what I do when he's not around, but I'm afraid that he'll close himself off completely when it comes to his psychic gifts. He seems a lot happier than he's been the past few months and I'd hate to take that away from him and stress him out before sending him into a war zone. He's definitely more sensitive than I ever thought he'd be to the entities we have around us and he seems to be more than okay with it. That's all I can really ask for at the moment.

I have to say... it's somewhat comforting that I'm not the only one sensing these spirits that I love so much. The rational, scientific part of me enjoys having a control subject in this situation who has no idea about my spirit keeping. It helps me know that I'm not completely insane - just the standard, healthy amount. Is that twisted of me?

Just wanted to share... sorry if I was a bit long-winded.

- Anna

Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

That's a nice story and a full manifestation WOW how luck!
I know. I can talk about spirits with my family because they all know about them,not my spirits just spirits in general. It's nice to know you're not to the bad kind of crazy :lol: However, when I talked with my mother about keeping spirits she was totaly against it. So no one from my family know that I'm waiting for my spirits, maybe when it arrive I'll show my cousin because he's more into this kind of things like me.

You could just talk about the topic with your husband to see what he think. Showing things little by little to see if he can accept.

Vortex
active contributor
active contributor

A nice story indeed. Somehow i think you're pretty lucky with your husband, it sounds like you have a real connection on some level. If he keeps having these experiences and views them as positive, then perhaps in time you can indeed reveal more. But I would take this pretty slowly (I have tried this too with my former partners), as some people accept it very freely, others never will and with some it just takes time. Step by step, concept by concept. Letting things seep in slowly. Remember, it does take time to ajust your view on the world and life itself.

AURA SHAMAN REDSTONE
LePetitMort
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 19
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Anna Valentina LeCoeurneige
Zodiac:

Thanks for the responses, guys... I've really been thinking about my husband and my current path and how the two line up, these past few days.

I've definitely sent other partners running in the past as well, but I fully intend to let my husband in on my little secret - bit by bit, of course, and when the time seems right. I have a feeling that he'll be more open to it in the future when he doesn't have so much to worry about.

I'm actually something of an antique junkie as well, and he's actually been pretty open about the fact that half of my belongings have come from creepy old antique stores and estate auctions. I love stuff with a story and I've bought a number of things said to be haunted. I've got a mirror from New Orleans that my husband swears he sees stuff in, once in awhile. If he's open to the idea of haunted antiques, the idea of spirited jewelry and other items can't be too far off - at least, that's what I like to think.

I actually have a feeling that he'll be more open to the idea of my spirited items over my spelled jewelry. The thing that he seems to be opposed to is the idea of manipulation and working events in one's favor. In a way, he knows I communicate with something else that isn't exactly human, because of my psychic tendencies... but he doesn't know about my collecting spirits. I do realize how lucky I am that he hasn't either run away or suggested seeing a shrink at this point.

I've quasi-mentioned the concept of spirit collecting to him and he thinks it makes more sense to ask spirits for blessings and befriend them over the idea of casting spells. I, of course, believe in both but he seems to have been burned when it comes to spellwork. He's had friends who have openly cast spells and talked about casting spells around him and the idea sickens him - especially since girls in his past have blatantly tried things with him in mind and he's found spellwork material as proof of it. A former friend of his actually tried to break us up with a few curses here and there, and I cringed a little when he told me that he's glad that I "don't practice that stuff." I felt conflicted and hypocritical. Honestly... I miss casting spells. It's been a serious lifestyle change not being able to do so with him around.

I maintain the argument that people wear perfume and clothing to look attractive and give them that extra "oomph." Why not spelled jewelry - or, spells in general - that happens to boost confidence in a certain area, right? There's nothing wrong with tipping the scales in your favor every once in awhile. I view it as a version of magickal pheromones - only the very skilled can detect them... and in everyone else's eyes, you've just got a little extra something that can't be pinpointed.

I just hope that my husband doesn't think I'm trying to manipulate him by wearing spelled jewelry for myself, if he finds out at this point. I do admit that I've sought the spellcasting services of other people. However, I've never actually cast anything in his direction, myself. The only things I've had other people directly cast with him in mind are fertility (we've really been wanting to conceive... I like to think he wouldn't mind this) and curse-breaker/healing/protection types, out of respect to his not wanting to be love-manipulated.

- Anna

P.S. - Awesome avatar, Vortex.

Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

You are very lucky with him but you'll have to take little steps. I belive he'll accept the spirits, you just have to explain it in the "right way". Be honest when telling him about them and your reasons for being a keeper, if you have spirits for more than help you with spellwork you should be fine in this. The spellwork part that will be difficult since he had problems with it, honestly is not the spell or magic tha was wrong but the people using it, if you can make he see it... Maybe when you decide talk about spellwork, talk about magic stead and how it help you, show him you ethic about it and how there is many types of them not only the harmful one, show that is about intent.
Magickal pheromones are awesome! Honestly if something isn't harming I can't see the problem, does the magic makes you more atractive, so what, so does make up and none of this this will make people go to you against their will. Obviosly, there is ways to manipulate people mind and I use a soft one sometimes, just make easy to let me have my way but in no way can make they do something they don't want. However, knowing you cast spells or casted can make him not only upset but doubt of you. So easy steps on him with this.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”