Tenured-only PMing...why? (Sugggestion)

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Bella
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I think that everyone should start off on good terms, with PM ability, and then let only the violators lose priviledges.
(I feel the same way about being able to share e-mails.) 2cents
Then again, it's not my forum to decide who gets what, but I still hope that this suggestion will be considered.

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
necromancer
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Father Satan
If I could be anything, I would be...: Demoness
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

This place is rididculous been here 3 years and still no pm privileges. No administration will ever answer questions about upgrading membership.Tried applying for tenured membership. Did that 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I think you should start with all the privileges and then lose them if you do something to deserve it like Bella said. :frustrated:

"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live."
– Norman Cousins
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

:ot: does anyone know how long it takes to get out of moderation, or are all messages here held in the moderation queue for every member?

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
EarthSpirit
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Love them all. <3
If I could be anything, I would be...: A faerie
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Faye
Zodiac:

adelphia wrote::ot: does anyone know how long it takes to get out of moderation, or are all messages here held in the moderation queue for every member?
Theoretically, I believe it's in the two-four week area. But you have to be an active poster. :)

Proud mother to a baby pegasus, a baby gold dragon, an arkan sonney, a baby white dragon, a young miniature dragon, a hippogryph, a bear, a baby blue dragon, and a terra cotta gargoyle. :heart:
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

Thank you, Earth Spirit. It's a bit frustrating to have your posts held for an unknown period of time, to be sure, it makes me want to post less, and not more. But I guess I'll try to tough it out regardless.

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
Lightning Rider
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gold Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Leprechaun
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Lightning Rider
Zodiac:

adelphia wrote::ot: does anyone know how long it takes to get out of moderation, or are all messages here held in the moderation queue for every member?
I think it was just after my 30th post.

“ I can eat hot wings everyday, I guess that would make me a wing man"- LR

Proud Keeper of:
1 Gold Dragon (T), 1 Red Dragon (R), 1 Silver Dragon (N), 1 White Dragon (O),
1 Hippogryph (A), 1 Leprechaun (N),
1 Syr. Genie (L), 1 Tennin (R), 1 Tengu (S)
Blessed ring of 16 Saints.
thedragonlover
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Eagle
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Agreeee.... this is great idea for all of us, who might be need little privacy to talk to another member

i hope ::ch:: could considered this

The turning point

A proud keeper of wonderful spirits
Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

adelphia wrote:Thank you, Earth Spirit. It's a bit frustrating to have your posts held for an unknown period of time, to be sure, it makes me want to post less, and not more. But I guess I'll try to tough it out regardless.
I'm in the same boat. Trying to be patient and tell myself that just because I know I'm a'ight and what my intentions are, there is probably an underlying reason for the layers of proof...

"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

YEP, I THINK IT TAKES 30 POSTS TO HAVE THE RESTRICTION REMOVED. IT'S NOT PERSONAL, IT'S JUST WE DON'T READ ALL THE THREADS POSTED, WE APPROVE MEMBERSHIPS ON THE HONOR SYSTEM (WHEN SOMEONE WRITES IN TO SAY THEY'RE HUMAN & NOT A SPAMMER), AND THIS WAY IT PREVENTS PEOPLE WHO ARE HERE TO JUST BOOST UP A SELLER REVIEW THREAD OR SOLICIT BUSINESS, OR BE OUTRAGEOUS, ETC.

AS FOR THE PMING, WE DID HAVE PROBLEMS WITH IT IN THE PAST. PEOPLE USING THE PM SYSTEM TO SOLICIT BUSINESS FROM OTHER MEMBERS, PEOPLE PASSING GARBAGE & GOSSIP ABOUT OTHERS & SELLERS, AND OTHER NONSENSE. IT WAS ENOUGH TO SCARE US OFF THE PUBLIC PMING WHEN WE OPENED THIS BOARD FROM THE OLD BOARD.

I SUPPOSE WE COULD LOOK AT IT AGAIN & WEIGH THE PROS & CONS.

AS FOR GETTING PMS & BEING TENURED, YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE BOARD ON A REGULAR BASIS. WHAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING PMS TO TALK TO THE MEMBERS OF THE BOARD IF YOU'RE NOT AN ACTIVE POSTER? IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEM BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT ACTIVELY INVOLVED WITH THEM, WHAT'S THE POINT OF PMING THEM?

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
swannie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: unknown
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: unknown at this time

ash-mda wrote:YEP, I THINK IT TAKES 30 POSTS TO HAVE THE RESTRICTION REMOVED. IT'S NOT PERSONAL, IT'S JUST WE DON'T READ ALL THE THREADS POSTED, WE APPROVE MEMBERSHIPS ON THE HONOR SYSTEM (WHEN SOMEONE WRITES IN TO SAY THEY'RE HUMAN & NOT A SPAMMER), AND THIS WAY IT PREVENTS PEOPLE WHO ARE HERE TO JUST BOOST UP A SELLER REVIEW THREAD OR SOLICIT BUSINESS, OR BE OUTRAGEOUS, ETC.

AS FOR THE PMING, WE DID HAVE PROBLEMS WITH IT IN THE PAST. PEOPLE USING THE PM SYSTEM TO SOLICIT BUSINESS FROM OTHER MEMBERS, PEOPLE PASSING GARBAGE & GOSSIP ABOUT OTHERS & SELLERS, AND OTHER NONSENSE. IT WAS ENOUGH TO SCARE US OFF THE PUBLIC PMING WHEN WE OPENED THIS BOARD FROM THE OLD BOARD.

I SUPPOSE WE COULD LOOK AT IT AGAIN & WEIGH THE PROS & CONS.

AS FOR GETTING PMS & BEING TENURED, YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE BOARD ON A REGULAR BASIS. WHAT'S THE POINT OF HAVING PMS TO TALK TO THE MEMBERS OF THE BOARD IF YOU'RE NOT AN ACTIVE POSTER? IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEM BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT ACTIVELY INVOLVED WITH THEM, WHAT'S THE POINT OF PMING THEM?
Ok, I'm a little confused here. I have been trying to get the PM thing straightened out since I was tenured. I STILL don't have it! On the one hand you state that you might look into letting EVERYONE (it seems) PM--"you'd weigh the pros and cons" and on the other hand you state that as for getting PMS and being tenured, you actually have to contribute on a regular basis and be actively involved with people. Ok, so with all said and done above, why can't I still get to PM??????? Yes, I have contacted the Help Desk twice. Maybe a nudge from you might help---I am beginning to get paranoid here.......... :skull:

I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is VERY, VERY careful.......:skull:

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord...." but sometimes a little offered help is appreciated........:skull:

Don't get MAD---get EVEN......... :skull:

Return to “Forum Suggestions”