Add an additional subforum for experiences

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
AltarCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons/Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

It seems that some people prefer to read topics aimed at asking questions or proposing new theories/tips/learning while others prefer ones that are aimed at experiences.

I'd like to propose an added subforum to each spirit species category (Dragons, Creatures, Angels) That is titled Experiences (Angel Experiences in the angel category, Dragon Experiences in the dragon category) so those who have threads with the topic containing nothing more than an experience or question about an experience they've had.

It would also decongest the main subforum for these categories and help people find what topics they're looking to read easier.

Whacha think?

~*Dua Anpu*~
My Tarot/Conjure Reviews: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39614
Conjurer/Witch/Tarot Reader of: Treeleafe Tarot | AltarCat Emporium | The Crystal Moon
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I think the Idea itself is good. But I dont think it's necessary for this forum . Most people(Mainly the Active Posters) Navigate around this forum through "View Active Topics." So the new "Experience" threads will be on Top for the most part, And It's Inevitable to come across if the title itself is interesting.

I dont see why we should be resorted to take these type of mesaures though. But we'll see where it goes.

AltarCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons/Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
Zodiac:

Killarican wrote:I think the Idea itself is good. But I dont think it's necessary for this forum . Most people(Mainly the Active Posters) Navigate around this forum through "View Active Topics." So the new "Experience" threads will be on Top for the most part, And It's Inevitable to come across if the title itself is interesting.

I dont see why we should be resorted to take these type of mesaures though. But we'll see where it goes.
Right but when you go to active topics, etc you can see thread title and below where its located. So if someone wishes to avoid experience threads altogether they could easily see where its located and what the content should be about.
I'm impartial to the situation, personally. But Some days I do just want to read up on experiences, others I'm looking for something that makes me think. The "Filter" it would create would help me out bunches

~*Dua Anpu*~
My Tarot/Conjure Reviews: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39614
Conjurer/Witch/Tarot Reader of: Treeleafe Tarot | AltarCat Emporium | The Crystal Moon
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

TreeLeafe wrote:
Killarican wrote:I think the Idea itself is good. But I dont think it's necessary for this forum . Most people(Mainly the Active Posters) Navigate around this forum through "View Active Topics." So the new "Experience" threads will be on Top for the most part, And It's Inevitable to come across if the title itself is interesting.

Right but when you go to active topics, etc you can see thread title and below where its located. So if someone wishes to avoid experience threads altogether they could easily see where its located and what the content should be about.
I'm impartial to the situation, personally. But Some days I do just want to read up on experiences, others I'm looking for something that makes me think. The "Filter" it would create would help me out bunches
This is only necessary in a non-adult world. The world is real, we should deal with it that way. If people are so thin-skinned that they cannot disagree without going to pieces or without insulting the other persons....and so fence are all over the place, then count me out. How difficult is it to look at a broken brick in the sidewalk and simply walk around it???
C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I am all up for that, if it will help keep the peace..I just wish people would just do as Caiyros said.."Just bypass the broken brick"..lol.

I figure there might always be some person who disagrees on way or another. But I say go for it.

Merlaighn
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: ...Gryphon
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Merlaighn
Zodiac:

Sadly, instead of bypassing the said "broken brick" people pick it up and throw it. Honestly, that is just human nature. I like the subforum idea as it would help keep all experiences together in a central location.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I am not too fond of the idea because it suggests that a thread can't develop into whatever may come of it, and should stick to one thing or the other.
Many times when people post threads on experiences, it develops and goes off into different tangents, other ideas are inspired or come along as the discussion naturally flows - and I think that is very healthy. You can't always assume that just because the initial post is about an experience, that something more has not come of it or will not come of it.

Not all subjects of this nature end up in heated argument, and very few times would I find the argument that arises unnecessary even if that does occur.
The fact is though that you never know what will result of ANY thread... any thread can lead to anything. If you expect a thread to veer away from considering ideas you feel are not initially suggested by the original content, you could be missing out on a lot by choosing to overlook it. If you try to *control* such posts from going into other realms of thought, it is a bit of a disservice to everyone in holding back what great things could potentially come of it.

Any thread can lead to an argument, and any thread can lead to intelligent discussions. So unless you plan to have admins keeping on top of everything and suppressing any idea that comes up that goes outside the confines of the original topic (as it is immediately perceived..which can still even vary from person to person depending on the details) in some way, I think that - looking at it objectively - it would be useless in terms of succeeding with what you want out of this, regardless of what my personal opinion on the subject is.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

NoctemAeternus wrote:
Any thread can lead to an argument, and any thread can lead to intelligent discussions. So unless you plan to have admins keeping on top of everything and suppressing any idea that comes up that goes outside the confines of the original topic (as it is immediately perceived..which can still even vary from person to person depending on the details) in some way, I think that - looking at it objectively - it would be useless in terms of succeeding with what you want out of this, regardless of what my personal opinion on the subject is.
It won't let me edit so I want to point this portion out ^
and clarify that, I did mean for this to apply to the basic idea you bring forward initially regarding separating experiences from other subject matter (I didn't lose sight of that), not only the idea of separating what you deem as intelligent/worthwhile discussions from what can turn into something you do not like. It just seemed this thread was developing into including that as well with the subsequent comments.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I think it's a good suggestion, but for those who don't always post where they should be posting I think a better solution is for all of us to be helpful to the authors of posts & make sure if the person has a question it gets answered! If a post does fill up with experiences rather than answers to make sure that the author receives the original information they were searching for.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

personally i am against the idea. i just avoid the threads i do not wish to read. :thumbup:

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”