SRA Waiting List?

Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

Is there a waiting-list for SRA creatures where one could request a particular beastie? I'd dearly love a Barghest & a couple of Beschis but never see them on the 'available' lists. Don't mind waiting however long it takes...

I did ask this question on the general SRA thread but it might get overlooked there so thought I'd put a new topic up.

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
Cryptic_twilight313
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I like that idea. :D

...black engulfs the dying light as he falls on frail wings of vanity and wax..
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

I like the idea, but I also see it would be alot of extra work on the website to enable this feature.

Just by reading the posts of the things going on, there have been so many updates on the site: from the FAQ, order information que, encyclopedia, university. For those of us not working behind the scenes it is hard to imagine the enormous amout of work that Magnolia and Ash have done so far, and continue to do.

From a practical point of view, I can't imagine that Magnolia and Ash know what SRA's they are going to get next until they get them. They come from many different resources.

From my point of view SRA's often require more committment than the spirits conjured by CH. They have come from various situations and sometimes they are slow to really get to talking. This is natural, for some have been abandoned.

Magnolia and Ash are super busy (my point of view, nothing that has been said directly to me) preparing for the university. I think it would be more than fair to charge an adoption fee for the SRA's on top of the shipping charge because they spend a lot of time moving them to new vessels plus the cost of the vessels. I would expect to pay extra for bridging as well as it is an additional service that takes time.

This is from a business person's point of view. Magnolia and Ash give so much of themselves (starting this forum for instance) that I certainly would not hold it against them to make a living. They have dedicated their lives to the paranormal. The webspace and the bytes needed to support the traffic load are expensive (from what little I know about these types of things).

I'm not putting down your idea Dragon Dance, it's a great idea, but it may not be practical is all I'm saying, at least not with all the changes currently going on.

Just my 2 cents.................

Bright Blessings,
Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
rh1ann
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I agree with Dragon and Alex on this one. [Now are you confused?] :shock:

I know about running websites and Alex is right about this. There is a lot of commitment to maintaining everything - and that's not even worrying about hosting. No one is perfect, typos get put in, information gets crossed - and when that is pointed out, the change is made. Not to mention emails, PMs, the actual casting/ conjurations - yeah...it can get time intensive.

On the other hand - a wait list for a specific SRA would be a cool idea. Personally - I'm not very particular about which entity I get. [I'm still shying away from vamps though] Perhaps something similar to what is already available to us. You know when you put something on your wish list or you see something that you want from the store - but, OMG! Must Have! Sell the kids cause there's no money! ;) There's a little feature about a notification if the price lowers, and a feature if an item comes in stock again. Right now though I think listing each and every entity individually would be a little time consuming - but, an 'in-stock' notification for SRAs might work.

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. --- Carl Jung
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I do appreciate how much money, time & energy Magnolia & Ash expend running this site, the store, etc. & I can see how a waiting-list would add to the load...I was vaguely thinking that it would be something like the 'Notify Me' feature for out-of-stock items, something where Magnolia could type in the name of the creature & see who wants one, but I can see the cross-referencing might be a problem.
:D Heigh-ho, another idea bites the dust!

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Thank you for all the support, it really does mean a lot to me and Ash. We do try to implement any suggestions for improvement or convenience, etc. With SRAs the only reason I hesitate to make a waiting list is my not knowing if it would be a week, month or year before I get an SRA in with that particular spirit. It may become frustrating to someone to put their name on the list with moderate expectations of a wait time and then wait for weeks or months and become disillusioned with their overall experience. Those who are here often know about the circumstances of SRAs but someone new to the site could be unnecessarily disappointed when a spirit they want doesn't arrive within a timely manner.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:Thank you for all the support, it really does mean a lot to me and Ash. We do try to implement any suggestions for improvement or convenience, etc. With SRAs the only reason I hesitate to make a waiting list is my not knowing if it would be a week, month or year before I get an SRA in with that particular spirit. It may become frustrating to someone to put their name on the list with moderate expectations of a wait time and then wait for weeks or months and become disillusioned with their overall experience. Those who are here often know about the circumstances of SRAs but someone new to the site could be unnecessarily disappointed when a spirit they want doesn't arrive within a timely manner.
Thank you for finding time to reply, Magnolia. Personally, I am willing to wait as long as needs be but I can see how some people might fuss if months go by & no 'Creature X' arrives so you are probably right not to do it.

Mongrella

Return to “Creatures”