A new Monthly Chat format

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Was wondering if Magnolia and Ash would consider a different format for the monthly chat parties. I for one might consider coming back and participating if the current format would change. As it stands, it's just not my cup of tea to sit there and read post after post of stuff that I'm completely uninterested in and that has very little to do with the paranormal, the occult or spirit keeping.

My idea is not new in that i've participated in these elsewhere before. The monthly chats could be built around a theme, and it would be via a moderated chat format.

Moderated chats are where only the moderator(s) and the person(s) answering the questions can actually post in the chat room itself. Everyone else who has a question they'd like answered, would ask it to the moderator(s) who would then in turn go through the list of questions and post them for the person(s) answering the questions to answer.

A couple of things would have to happen...
(1) This type of moderated chat would need a moderator(s) who was mature enough and knowledgeable enough about the content being discussed, and who could discern from all the questions being sent which ones were the most beneficial to the people participating. They would need to understand the content well enough to keep it moving but also use questions by participants that could move the topic along more deeply and more fully. And also when it was time to ask a NEW question.

(2) CH would have to adapt their software so that only the moderator and the person(s) answering the questions could actually type in the chat room; everyone else could only "speak" to the moderator to submit questions.

I used to do these ALL the time and they were amazing. I learned so much because I was able to ask the person questions and get an answer within a few minutes. It was also great to see the other real and genuine questions being asked by others. The one thing I believe it had going for it is that the moderators were actually sitting in the same room with one another, making it easier for one to read through the questions being asked and the other to actually moderate the chat room itself. But that probably isn't necessary.

It's just a thought as I think the current format for the end of the month chat parties might be interesting to younger members, but quite honestly...who is actually getting anything out of them except a few minutes of entertainment?

I also know it is a problem during regular chats that a LOT of mis-information is being disseminated either intentionally (as fun and sport) or unintentionally through lack of knowledge. For the newbies out there who might get caught up in this web of lies, misinformation and "sport" at another person's expense...this type of moderated chat would certainly hold a LOT more benefit as to actual genuine and worthwhile information being passed along.

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

ellegria, i remember those chats and they were very informative especially to new members who might not otherwise get the chance to ask questions and be replied to honesty.

great suggestion and i'd certainly return!

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

This is an awesome idea and I would love to participate every Saturday night (as a learner not a mod of course, haha).

You could still have rooms where people could just shoot the stars about whatever for those who just want to connect with their buds.

:applause: :applause: Ellegria!
:peace: emzy

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

i like the idea as well.having a themed question and answer chat could be very informative.

there could be a basic ''getting to know the in and out of spirit keeping''

''myth versus reality ''

Magnolia could host one specific to white arts and Ash could host one specific to the dark arts

spirits what they can and cant do.what to expect and not expect.

course things would have to be settled down at CH headquarters since it would mean more work for them.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
VAMPIRELOVER
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire + ifrits
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Vampirelover
Zodiac:

great idea :thumbup:

Princess:LadyRedStar
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: None-fine as I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Red Star
Zodiac:

I like it too.

As it is some of us cannot even keep up, the screen rolls so fast with basic every day chit chat. And often when a question is asked it is lost in the other and not answered.

Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I wasn't aware that it was such an issue to participate in chat parties that you guys would segregate yourselves over it.

My suggestion if day-to-day chat isn't your cup of tea, would be for us to make different rooms at monthly chat party time, one room for day-to-day talk, and one room with a theme for the day. That way those who want to just mingle & socialize with each other could do so, and those who want to have a focused discussion could do so.

And perhaps rather than having 1 hour it could be a 1/2 hour of day-to-day talk, and 1 hour of focused talk. Those who want to talk in the discussion can move over to the focus room, those who don't can stay in the main chat.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

^^ great idea

"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:I wasn't aware that it was such an issue to participate in chat parties that you guys would segregate yourselves over it.

My suggestion if day-to-day chat isn't your cup of tea, would be for us to make different rooms at monthly chat party time, one room for day-to-day talk, and one room with a theme for the day. That way those who want to just mingle & socialize with each other could do so, and those who want to have a focused discussion could do so.

And perhaps rather than having 1 hour it could be a 1/2 hour of day-to-day talk, and 1 hour of focused talk. Those who want to talk in the discussion can move over to the focus room, those who don't can stay in the main chat.
I wasn't suggesting segregation. I was suggesting making the MONTHLY chat parties more fruitful and less "anything goes." I was talking about making just the monthly chat parties more of a moderated chat like what I described. I wasn't talking about the everyday chat as I'm sorry, but I wouldn't go there if my life depended on it. That's just me and anyone can squawk all they want. But I've heard too many ridiculous stories about the shenanagins that go on in there for me to have any desire to participate.

Again, I really don't care what goes on in the day to day chat room...its not my site and I don't participate so it doesn't impact me at all. I was only trying to make a suggestion as to how to make the monthly chat parties more beneficial. That's all.

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Sorry, my edit button has gone AWOL. That should say "shenanigans"

Return to “Forum Suggestions”