A new Monthly Chat format

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I don't go on chat, makes my computer fan go into overdrive
but I do like your suggestions for the End of the Month Chat. :hug:

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

MysticStar wrote:I don't go on chat, makes my computer fan go into overdrive
but I do like your suggestions for the End of the Month Chat. :hug:
Hey Ellen, your new laptop should do it just fine. However I wouldn't sit the darn thing on your lap (I know...its called laptop) but they made those models out of Titanium and they can get hotter than Hades on a summer afternoon. If it won't go to chat, just make certain all of the java updates are there and you should be fine.

MysticStar
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 90
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: unsure
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

will do Sweetie :hug:
and yes, it does get hot on my lap :lol: :lol:

“It's easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them, their present and their past, but you'd be amazed at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not, it's lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.”

Psychic/Medium
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I still stand beside my two chat room theory. Only because I know how many times Ash & I have both heard how nice it is to talk to us in a "normal" way as opposed to the teacher-student way. Perhaps with the 1/2 hour free time, 1 hour discussion time, that would serve both desires.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:I still stand beside my two chat room theory. Only because I know how many times Ash & I have both heard how nice it is to talk to us in a "normal" way as opposed to the teacher-student way. Perhaps with the 1/2 hour free time, 1 hour discussion time, that would serve both desires.
If people want things changed up a bit, then I would say this is a great way to do it. Before and after the designated discussion time, people can chat about whatever - and during the discussion time there can be a separate room to go to if people don't want to participate in the organized chat.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Also, I don't really understand the "flight" stance in the fight or flight theory. If you know there is an issue with chat being a place for inaccurate & wrong information being circulated is the best course of action really ignoring it? Ash & I pop in the chat room whenever time allows, but it seems most of the chats take place in the late hours, and usually we are doing MS or some other action that requires the night hours. Therefore, there would only be a handful of solutions; 1. have members volunteer their time to chat with people & keep accurate information in there, or 2. the more drastic measure of closing the chat during the hours when you know the inaccurate information is most likely to be spread.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
swannie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: unknown
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: unknown at this time

So, Ellegria, just to understand what you are saying---you don't like chat the way it is now and would like a more structured format? Am I correct? Even though that sounds great, it seems to place yet another load of work on Magnolia and Ash since they would ultimately have to be the ones to "teach" the new chat classes, right? If not, who would teach them? I mean, who has the right amount of experience and answers that we could all feel entirely comfortable with and trust what they are telling us without a problem----EVER. See what I mean???? It's a problem---I trust you guys---alot of you guys, but for the all definitive answer-----it's gonna be Ash or Magnolia--period--end of story.

Now don't get me wrong--I'm not jumping on you or your idea--I'd like to learn more as much as the next person--preferably the right way first, I'm just seeing the problems here that might occur with the set-up. Tell me where I'm going wrong...... :skull:

I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is VERY, VERY careful.......:skull:

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord...." but sometimes a little offered help is appreciated........:skull:

Don't get MAD---get EVEN......... :skull:
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

You know what guys....it was an idea...a thought. And I thought it was a good one. So I was wrong. It really is okay. It seemed to me that a lot of people were complaining that "the elders" weren't around that much any more. This seemed to me to possibly one way to get them to come around a bit more.

As for me going into chat or not going into chat...it will never happen. And I'm 100% certain that no one will be worse for it. In the past, I really only went into the Saturday night chats and I did try to participate for almost a year. But in my mind I just didn't see what I was getting out the experience so I stopped. I know a lot of people stopped. If ya'll like them and want to continue, then of course you should do so and it looks like you will. I did not mean to offend anyone. Again...it was just an idea that I thought I would throw out there. Consider it retracted.

swannie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: 0
If I could be anything, I would be...: unknown
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: unknown at this time

ELLEGRIA!!!!!!!! I was not dissing you or your idea!!!!!! Please don't be mad or take what I said the wrong way!!!! I think your idea is a good one if logistically it could work out,-- honestly--I would be all for the extra learning process. Lord knows, I've been in on some of the high drama topics lately that have involved their fair share of faulty information!!!!!! I was just bringing up some factors that maybe hadn't been thought of yet, that's all....... :skull:

I've found that evil usually triumphs unless good is VERY, VERY careful.......:skull:

"Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord...." but sometimes a little offered help is appreciated........:skull:

Don't get MAD---get EVEN......... :skull:
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

swannie wrote:So, Ellegria, just to understand what you are saying---you don't like chat the way it is now and would like a more structured format? Am I correct? Even though that sounds great, it seems to place yet another load of work on Magnolia and Ash since they would ultimately have to be the ones to "teach" the new chat classes, right? If not, who would teach them? I mean, who has the right amount of experience and answers that we could all feel entirely comfortable with and trust what they are telling us without a problem----EVER. See what I mean???? It's a problem---I trust you guys---alot of you guys, but for the all definitive answer-----it's gonna be Ash or Magnolia--period--end of story.

Now don't get me wrong--I'm not jumping on you or your idea--I'd like to learn more as much as the next person--preferably the right way first, I'm just seeing the problems here that might occur with the set-up. Tell me where I'm going wrong...... :skull:
I just gathered from what was said by Ellegria that for the end of the month chat parties, there was some structure wanted in the form of a specific discussion in focus rather than just casual chit chat. As in, a subject related to the paranormal chosen to discuss. She specified that this was regarding the monthly chat parties - so not something to constantly uphold in the chat room, and rather than giving classes I think she just meant a specific discussion. So it doesn't seem like it would really be a big deal.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”