Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Many people who work with magick, cast spells, work with spellcasted amulets, and so forth, want to know, what's the easiest way?

The easiest way to provoke spells & magick to work is by preparing yourself & your space to be receptive of the magick!

How so?

If you are someone who already has an inclination towards the sensitivities & nuances of magick & spells, then you may not have to work as hard as someone who feels they are deaf & blind to it. For those who feel they could use all the help they can get, there are some simple, surefire ways to help boost the energy & conductivity of magick in their home.

#1 Altar/Quiet Space

It doesn't have to be big, and it doesn't have to be elaborate, but it should contain some small, key ingredients to make it the most conducive to a magickal environment. For those in a community space you can make your altar/quiet space portable by keeping a large tupperware or tote bag with your items inside.

For those who have the time to change altar ingredients with each different type of magick work, or have multiple altars in their home, that's optimal, but for those who want a one-size-fits-all, there are some staples you can have that will make your space the most efficient without being intrusive.

Key ingredients:
-- Cloth as foundation (purple, blue, red) are the staple choices for color, any design
-- Quartz, clear, in any size or shape
-- Candles, any size, in ivory, white, and black
-- Offering bowl, any size, any material, though glass is preferable so it can double as a moon charging bowl (use the CH article to make your own charging box for free)

With these key ingredients you can set up shop quickly for working with magick or spells. Any additional items you can get into your altar is icing on the cake after that!

The altar cloth is your foundation for energy, and purple is an optimal color because of its conductivity with psychic energies, which are great for many spells & when casting for someone else it helps in the connection to that other person. Blue is an optimal color because of its conductivity with magick energies, it's a natural foundation for casting & working with magick because it encourages the atmosphere & environment! Red is an optimal color as a fall back for all love, healing, and nurturing spells & works. Because many times our spells & spell work are in relation to ourselves or our loved ones, this color assists in promoting those energies as we work.

Quartz is a natural conductor & is a good catch-all of the gemstone family for being a supportive energy & power during casting and working with magick. It has a pure & sincere power that aids in the power & persuasion of magick in general.

It is good to light candles when working with magick, it's not always necessary, but if you are casting it is recommended. White is good for all WA spells, black is good for all DA spells & curse removals, and ivory is a great catch-all for any types of magick to be cast.

An offering bowl is great to use when you want your spirits to work alongside your magickal vessels & empower them, or if you are wanting to work with Immortals, or if you are wanting to ask a favor of another spirit or Immortals that is not in your keep. You can use the Associations in the CHE to make the right offerings & provide the gesture of good will that truly goes a long way to assisting in the success of your magick.

By doubling the offering bowl as a charging box and/or moon charging box you open yourself to being able to make two tools in one vessel. If you use clear glass for your offering bowl & you leave it out in the night hours to absorb the moon's natural rays of power, the vessels within are charged with it's mysterious & lunar powers.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

#2 Casting Spells

This becomes not only a matter of preference, but also a matter of opportunity. You have two options when casting spells; reciting out loud, or reciting through telepathy (your mind). Depending on where you are & what is going on, you may not be able to recite out loud. That's okay, it is your intent behind the spell being cast that influences the outcome, and the more familiar you are with magick & spells, the stronger your work is.

Don't be afraid to practice with a spell and repeat it over & over until you feel you have made the connection with the spell and can feel the power behind its words! Practice & dedication a good practitioner makes.

The alternate method to reciting out loud or through telepathy is a mantra-style writing exercise where you write the spell over & over on pieces of paper until you feel the power of the spell building around & within you, and the releasing the power of the spell by burning the pages. This is a very old method, and while not commonly used in the 20th or 21st centuries, it is still a great fallback position if you feel that you are not getting the results you desire from the conventional method.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

#3 Working with spelled amulets

Most of us have a plethora of spelled amulets at our disposal. It is up to you to discern how the practitioner has bound the spell(s) and any activation required. Most CH spelled vessels, unless otherwise noted, work intuitively. Which means it works automatically for you when needed & upon demand when you meditate, hold, ask, or will the binding on the amulet to make its presence known in your life.

You can take multiple amulets and work with them together to create a complementary environment where one spell resonates with another spell on another vessel and they can work in harmony.

If you are having difficulty connecting to a spelled object, the best course of action is to sleep with it under your pillow or within a foot of your bed. During your sleep cycle you are the most vulnerable and with your guard down & conscious mind not interfering, it allows you to connect and repeating this daily over a two-week period will usually make a solid connection from which you can form a greater bond. I would not recommend doing this with multiple spelled amulets at a time, and rather one at a time, unless they are all involving the same types of spells.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

About the altar cloth. I remember reading some fabrics are best to keep energy out, other to pass energy. Is there a fabric that is best to use as altar cloth?

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

#4 Working with magick when you are down

If you are under the weather, sick, feeling a little off kilter, if your spell work or magick endeavor can be put off until a time or day when you feel good & feel like yourself, that would be better, but it doesn't mean that you can't do it.

Everything with magick is energy, and when you aren't feeling good the energy in your body is working on the cause of the issue (illness, emotional upset, etc). It doesn't mean you can't still get a good result, someone seasoned in magick can cast when ill, but most will put off any major endeavor or effort until the illness passes.

If you are new to magick you may want to consider this factor when you are casting, and if you casted or worked with a spelled amulet during a period of being/feeling "down", then try it again when you are better!

If it is something you absolutely must do, no matter how you feel, then supplement the energy around you by encouraging the powers of magick with multiple spelled items, some gemstones, using magick amplifiers to increase the level & powers of magick around you, and bolster yourself with the supplements to help take the pressure off.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

About the altar cloth. I remember reading some fabrics are best to keep energy out, other to pass energy. Is there a fabric that is best to use as altar cloth?
If I had to pick one type (for the quick altar scenario above), I would say cotton or rayon are the two most neutral fabrics that anyone can find.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

may i ask a question? i don't want to "interrupt." but this is sort of interrupting anyways, so here it goes--- can it ever be ineffective or actually harmful to spellwork to repeat a mantra or recite the words over and over again? in other words, can you overdo it?

thank you,
cheerz,
:peace: emzy

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

may i ask a question? i don't want to "interrupt." but this is sort of interrupting anyways, so here it goes--- can it ever be ineffective or actually harmful to spellwork to repeat a mantra or recite the words over and over again? in other words, can you overdo it?
Most spells the average Joe or Jane is going to work with? No. There's not harm in gradual building for repeat spellwork. The more practice & familiarity, the more power you can put behind it.

However, if you are working with something special or something unusual, and it's not of "everyday" origin, then you might want to consider caution in favor of excess.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Adelphia
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 66
Spelled Number: 666
My magical/paranormal name...: Adelphia D. Blood

creepyhollows wrote:
If it is something you absolutely must do, no matter how you feel, then supplement the energy around you by encouraging the powers of magick with multiple spelled items, some gemstones, using magick amplifiers to increase the level & powers of magick around you, and bolster yourself with the supplements to help take the pressure off.
Oh, good tip! I have - the Gathering of Power - I've just placed it in one of your cute spellcage containers, so that should help when I'm a bit under the weather - and I also raise energy passively with bindings and actively with exercises and meditations and visualizations before I cast. How I raise energy depends on how much energy I need to raise, so if a bit sick I will make sure to raise more.

"You can call me 'little sunshine'."-Crowley

Adelphia D. Blood
Sorcerer, Psychic Investigator
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

When doing elemental magic using the four directions, North, East, South, and West, some traditions have North as air, with a black candle, and others have North as Earth, with a green candle. My question is, does it make a difference where you place Air or Earth at and the color of the candle?

Starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector

Return to “Seminars”