Suggestion to Fix the Over 18 Chat Room Problem

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

lol I knew you had misunderstood. I just couldn't for the life of me figure out how to clear up the miscommunication. As for the tabs, it would be like having both chat rooms open at the same time and you can flip back and forth to see each but without actually logging out of the room.

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

Ashira wrote:The frustration some of us have is that we get little or no response to our threads sometimes if no one is browsing the particular forum we posted in or we don't word our title properly to get the attention of someone who can help...and sometimes a week later, we still get no help.
i know these questions and frustrations are for magnolia. but this one i wanted to talk about. when you post on the forum, you are able to get a plethora of different opinions from different levels of experience. not only do you get those who keep spirits, practice (or not) magick, but you get different views. if you are asking the same people who are in chat and have only been a spirit keeper for a few months, they may not be able to help you as they themselves may have the same questions. i know it's frustrating when your thread doesn't get answered or you receive very few responses and they all seem to be "that's a good question" or "i'd like to know the answer to that too." or seems to be buried in "fluff" topics. but in those cases keep bumping it back up. also some of us that have been here a while, notice that people are asking questions without maybe (i said maybe) using the search function. since we have very few pioneering members (hate the term elders) this button is a great tool. it let's you see posts by crone, wiccan warrior alex, dragonkeeper, etc. these members alone were very insightful and extremely knowledgeable. personally i now start in the back when i have a question to see if and how they answered it.

again i know it's hard when you don't have your post answered but it also happens from time to time which is why there is a search button as well as a bumping icon. hope this helped. :hug:

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

omg i love the search button.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

One problem that I have is that some of those threads that would answer a lot of :frustrated: the questions that I have are in the tenured section. As someone who is relatively new to the forum, and is just learning how to surf the information and to sift through the "fluff", the chat was a valuable tool. There is still much that I don't know about finding things on the forum, but I am learning.

If it had not been for asking questions in chat, I would be lost on getting information from the forum, so that was a valuable tool for me in that regard. The forum is still a valuable tool for me, but I still need to get answers to some of the questions that pop up. Some things I have read in the past need to be clarified, or refuted, but now I don't exactly know how to go about doing that. Before, I used the chat to get guidance on using the forum. :frustrated:

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

And see, I've had similar problems getting the answers I need on the forum. Believe me, I -have- tried using the search function and even just browsing the various sections of the forum and I'm lucky if I manage to find the information I'm looking for sometimes. Other times, I have a very specific question that simply doesn't seem to be answered on the forum and even when I post the question it tends to go unanswered. This happened to me when I was asking about a specific line of a specific spell offered in the 100 spell freebie, and I never did actually get the answer. :/

Then there was the problem with getting answers to questions which are specific to a person or situation such as when I was in need of others impressions to help me identify items I have which may be spirited and the nature of the entity attached so that I could better attempt to make contact & bond with the unbounds I have here. I got -one- response the next day on the first thread, then -one- more attempt to give me a response to it the next day after that and -one- last attempt the day after that while I kept trying to bump the thread without making a pest of myself. So I finally decided to post the same item along with others I was curious about in a new thread which got absolutely no replies for two days and then minimal response after that.

At some point, I had decided to ask the chat if anyone was any good at reading photos since I was getting very little on the forum and someone did offer me his impressions until I was told that was not allowed in chat...so then I was back to waiting for help on the forum. -.- I really was getting discouraged because I really did want some basic information on at least the first one so I could do more to make contact than simply hold his ring and meditate hoping he would come through for me...with no idea "who" to reach out to.

...and before anyone says it, at one point, I -did- use the marketplace and paid for a vessel assist there, which gave me a very nice description of what he looks like...but only a vague idea of "what" he is. I did manage to get some good information from Frater on here as well, but I had hoped for impressions from more people so that I could weigh it against what I have felt myself in order to better figure out "what" he is. I know hoping to get his name was hoping in vain, but when you need all the input you can get on something and not everyone uses the "new posts" button or browses very many different sections...heck, there are some who don't even really -use- the forum...just the chat. So it gets frustrating when you're restricted to what few people actually see your forum post. :/

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

If you are in desperate need of answers then be more aggressive with pushing your thread to attention. Don't be shy.
In fact, bump any thread you are awaiting a response to still, and I will personally respond the best I can to it within the next 24 hours.

With things like vessel readings, I think members here aren't always so confident about helping out with that.. more comfortable in the case where it's more of a fun guessing game or for practice - which is reasonable, as inaccurate impressions can happen and cause problems from time to time. Then anyone who would be more willing to give their impressions doesn't happen to be around/may not see it.

Truth be told in certain cases, there are a lot of threads of the same nature and I imagine people get tired of responding to them - at least need a break from them, or don't feel like it until later on.
If it's important to you though... as stated, keep pushing it up there to get feedback.

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

The one thread that I posted multiple item pics in is really the only one I'm still in need of responses to atm. I just bumped it. :)

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I answered it. Hope it helps.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “Forum Suggestions”