Which juicer do you use?

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
Christopher
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: none
If I could be anything, I would be...: enlightened
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
My magical/paranormal name...: haven's figured it out yet

I have been looking at juicers and the Breville looks pretty good. I just saw the movie fat,sick and nearly dead and this is the brand he used. What type do you guys use?

Be careful what you wish for. You will get it.
Green Wytch
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Illeana
Zodiac:

I don't have one, but I hear the Champion is awesome.

"Magick begins where logic ends" ~ me
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." ~ WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE / Hamlet Act 1.Scene V abt. 1601
Disclaimer: Those opinions expressed are my own, with no unsaid implications about anyone.
ImageImage
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I use a Jack Lalane (i don't think that's spelled right) Juiceman Juicer. Fairly inexpensive and you can pick one up easily. I think mine was purchased at a Target store, maybe even Walmart. (it was a gift, so i'm not positive)

It's a decent juicer to get you started. Not too pricey, easy to use, not too bad on cleaning, and moderately powerfull.

However, if you're REALLY going to get into juicing and go the whole nine yards you're going to need a juicer that Presses and/or Squeezes rather than just grinding and pulping. Look for something that specifies you can use it for wheatgrass, then read up on reviews to make sure the product follows through with claims. A press/squash machine is more efficient than the grind and spin version. But they are WAY more expensive, so you might want to try a cheap one and see how you like juicing.

I feel healthier when I'm juicing, but buying all those fruits and vegetables (commercial apples are LOADED with pesticides) is just too expensive for my household right now.

Bellatrix Lestrange
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shinigami
Zodiac:

I like to use Waring® Pro Citrus Juicer...easy to use,and easy to clean :silly:

ImageImage
ღƸ̴Ӂ̴ƷღIღloveღyouღGrellღSutcliffღƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒღ Image
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Two ways you can go with this, depending on what you'd really like to do. For a traditional juicer, I did a lot of research before I purchased mine and got the Omega juicer. Really like it. It was an upgrade from my Jack Lalane Juicer, which I had for many years.

Another route to take is a to go with a professional and powerful blender like a Vitamix or a Blendtec. At one point I was drinking green smoothies on a daily basis and one of these powerful blenders was what I was going to purchase. I actually decided on the Blendtec because it was shorter than the Vitamix and had slightly better reviews. Blendtec is the brand of blender that Starbucks uses.

All of the items I've mentioned are expensive, but top quality and will last you a lifetime if you take care of them.

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Darn edit button has walked away.

I wanted to make certain I clarified that I got an Omega Masticating Juicer. I did not get the other kind (I think it's called a pulp ejector) which is the more typical juicer that is usually round...like the Jack Lalane.

The reason the masticating juicer is better, is that it doesn't spin the food around really fast like the other kind. Purests believe that the high velocity of the spin actually kills some of the nutrients in the fresh juice, whereas a masticating juicer works a little slower, but doesn't do this. Also, the pulp from a masticating juicer is typically drier than from the other kind...which means you're getting more juice in your glass rather than left in the pulp.

Just do some research. There are a lot of websites out there that review the different kinds and brands of juicers. Just Google it and you'll find a lot of websites. That is where I started before purchasing my Omega.

Good luck. I love juicing and green smoothies.

Farrell
venerated member
venerated member

I have a Vitamix. I bought it from a friend who followed the green juice trend for about a month before it was too much work for her and it sat in her cabinet for over a year. Got a great deal, even though I really only make green drinks (green lemonade is my favorite).

"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X
Christopher
new here
new here

Thanks for all the input! What it tells me is that there are a lot of good ones on the market. I just want something to be able to handle kale and cucumbers and other greens that would make me gag if I had to actually eat them whole!

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

If you want to help getting down kale and such, you might want to look into green smoothies as opposed to juicing.

There are tons of books and websites out there that will give you recipes. I even posted a couple on the CH website. I drank green smoothies for several months but personally had to give it up because it was too much fruit for me. (Its the fruit that helps the kale go down.) I'm not a big fruit eater so eating that much fruit wasn't good for me sugar-wise. I try and stay clear of the sweet stuff in all forms.

But they were delicious! I truly miss drinking them.

If money is an issue, go look at a Waring Pro blender. They cost around $50-60 new at Target. These are better for green smoothies if you can't afford the Vitamix or Blendtec...much better than a regular blender. Even a cheap-o blender will work but the smoothie won't get that smooth.

The main difference between the Waring Pro and a Blendtec is that with a Blendtec, you can put everything into the container all at once and whiz away. With a Waring Pro, you'll have to add the greens in batches. But once done, it comes out very smooth and delicious.

Christopher
new here
new here

Was at Walmart today and saw the GE 800watt juicer and bought it. Great deal for only $50. Has 2 speeds and works well. We made our first "mean green" this afternoon. It will take a little getting use to the taste!! Tasted like I kept burping up grass for 2 hours. Also got a huge bag of juicing carrots at Winco and we made apple/carrot/ginger juice. WAY better then the stuff sold in the store.

Return to “Dinner to Die For”