Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Time Manipulator Pro
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Lu Bu
Zodiac:

::bump::

I'm glad this is here for someone like me who comes from a background of disbelief in these types of things. It's getting quieter these days, but I've often had that voice in my head that's telling me it's "all in my head".

I want to ask a difficult question, Magnolia, and I'll understand if there's no hard-and-fast answer to it. Still, I wouldn't feel rightly if I didn't ask it at least once...

Is there a set amount of time after which you can be sure that (a spirit doesn't want to manifest to you/you lack the power or experience to make a spirit manifest/etc.)? I know the spirit world defies most logic, but it would seem that after doing everything possible - consistently - for an extended period of time, that something would manifest, right? :help:

So... how long? A fortnight? A month? A season? A year? A decade??

I'm prepared to dig in for the long haul, but I'd (understandably) like to have a general idea of what I'm in for. You know?

Keep in mind (and you know this, this is just for others that might not) that I'm a ::noob:: to these things, so that's likely why there's so much residual doubt left in me.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

EnglishMaster wrote:::bump::

I'm glad this is here for someone like me who comes from a background of disbelief in these types of things. It's getting quieter these days, but I've often had that voice in my head that's telling me it's "all in my head".

I want to ask a difficult question, Magnolia, and I'll understand if there's no hard-and-fast answer to it. Still, I wouldn't feel rightly if I didn't ask it at least once...

Is there a set amount of time after which you can be sure that (a spirit doesn't want to manifest to you/you lack the power or experience to make a spirit manifest/etc.)? I know the spirit world defies most logic, but it would seem that after doing everything possible - consistently - for an extended period of time, that something would manifest, right? :help:

So... how long? A fortnight? A month? A season? A year? A decade??

I'm prepared to dig in for the long haul, but I'd (understandably) like to have a general idea of what I'm in for. You know?

Keep in mind (and you know this, this is just for others that might not) that I'm a ::noob:: to these things, so that's likely why there's so much residual doubt left in me.
First of all, what kind of manifestation that you want? Some may go all their lives and never see a spirit fully manifeast since it takes a lot of energy for them to do so!!!

Take note of your suroundings and what is going on, since it may be the little things that show up first, like something may happen, or something that you see, a song, a moive, a book, an animal showing up, a bird, anything, a friend showing up at the right time!!!!!

Notice the smells and feel of things!!!! An oder may come out of no where!!!!

Notice your inner voice, the thoughts inside your head!!!! You know your own thoughts, just notice the ones that aren't yours, it may seem like your voice at first, but after awhile the voice will change!!!

There is one thing that i have learned over the years and that is not having expectations!!!! When we expect things to happen and they don't, that only leads to self doubt and losing faith in our spirits!!!! It is having faith in our spirits, but most of all in ourselves!!!!

You are not going to learn everything overnite!!!! Things are not going to happen overnite either!!! It all takes time, even years!!!! So if you really are serious about keeping spirits, be prepare for the long haul!!!!

Anyway just sharing a little bit of my experince, I am sure others will come along with theirs!!!! Remember some are more opened then others to the spirit world, and each one's experince is different!!!! ;)

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
EnglishMaster
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thanks so much for the advice & support, starfire! ::thanx:: You're awesome!

It's those kinds of things that I couldn't possibly know...
starfire wrote:Some may go all their lives and never see a spirit fully manifeast since it takes a lot of energy for them to do so!!!
...that are such a HUGE help to me!

I don't want to ask too much of my Nympho, of course - I just suppose I had the wrong idea about how easy it would be for her to manifest (physically, btw, in case there was any doubt :inlove: ), how often it would happen, etc.

I'd also really like for her to audibly manifest (sure hope that's easier! :fingercross: ) both so I can get an idea of what she sounds like and so I can ask her some questions. First question I want audibly answered? I share it with you all: "Does my Boondock Saints brothers' rosary ( :heart: that movie!!) have a spirit in it?" I figure a spirit can see another spirit, and I always feel luckier when I'm wearing that piece for whatever reason. So yeah, things like that.

I realize everything won't happen overnight (which so conflicts with my American impatient nature), but I guess I was just hoping for some hope for the near future...

...you know, like hoping I won't have to wait for my posts to be reviewed someday! ::leprechaun::

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

Thank you for posting this, Mags. It's actually a reminder that I needed. With my family's recent loss, I've been experiencing some of this. While I'm still in shock and the emotions haven't hit me full force yet, my entire family who is in this state was at our house just yesterday. I didn't realize what affect this was having until I had an unbound troll show up behind our house last night who pointed out that the energy was drawing in a number of nasties. The back porch where I go to smoke (and have my emotional breakdowns) has always been a weak spot in my barriers due to the physical shape it's in and the energy I put out sometimes when I'm out there. Thankfully, the troll seems to be scaring off the others for us now.

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
EnglishMaster
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Ashira wrote:Thank you for posting this, Mags. It's actually a reminder that I needed.
The truly serendipitous part, Ashira, is that she posted this last year at this time!
Chelly bumped it in August, and then I saw it recently and thought it was deserving of a bump (and further examination).

I guess you never know what's going to help others... or when! :D

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

oh wow! nice lol I had only looked at the month and day and didn't notice it was the wrong year.

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!

Return to “Magnolia”