venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I found this article written by a Reiki healer on grounding, centring and shielding.
http://healing.about.com/cs/uc_director ... ewing3.htm
I thought it was relatively indepth and thought other new people might like this.
Something of interest was that it stated that most people don't breathe properly, does anyone have more info on that? ::Anyone::
It was a good article on grounding and shielding but i'd like to know a bit more on the shielding so i thought i'd ask here.

How does the intention behind different types of shielding work?

How do you know when your shield is active and working?
:feedback:
Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.
Zodiac:

The right breathing is usually 4 seconds in and 4 seconds out. Some people do 7 but I recommend 4.
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

bryanskrantz wrote:The right breathing is usually 4 seconds in and 4 seconds out. Some people do 7 but I recommend 4.
That was not what i was refering to. I was refering to what the article said here:

"A word on breathing: Most of us in the West don't breathe properly. That may sound odd, but in Western medicine, the way babies are birthed provides a shock to the newborn, where oxygen is abruptly sucked into the lungs, which burns from having a life atmosphere of oxygen and nutrients provided by the mother without pain. As a result of our birthing, and later conditioning, we breathe shallowly, from the chest. We should breathe deeply from the Hara (the source of our spiritual bodies). Or, in layman's terms, we should learn to breathe from the gut"

I was wondering whether anyone knew more about breathing through "the gut".
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

It means to breathe in such a fashion that your lower lungs (they have sections) become completely filled. You can tell when this is happening because the stomach will rise and fall gently with each breath. Most of us breath in a shallow manner, never fully expanding our lungs, and the only body movement is in the chest.

Try it this way:

Sit down in an upright but relaxed position. Place one hand on your stomach while you breathe nomally. Feel movement? Now take a long, slow, deep breathf in. Expand you lungs as much as possible, and feel how your muscles respond. Exhale slowly through purse lips and pay attention to how your body feels as it is emptied.

The first few times you breathe this way you may feel a little dizzy or light headed. Most instructional videos for Yoga include a section on breathing. Even a cursory look on youtube should net you some examples.
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks Maythen! That makes a lot of sense.
Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Giving this a ::bump:: because I haven't seen grounding, etc, mentioned in a while, and the article is really super interesting and worth a read. ::wave::
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

Return to “Educational Material”