Types of Djinn

Discussion of specific races of djinn.
Amberly
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Over the past few years I have seen all different types of listings for Djinns. Some of them I can tell is fake. I was wondering though... are there really Atlantian Djinn? What about Nympho-Djinn... sexual Djinn I guess you could say.

~Amberly~

Dare to be Different; Dare to Dream ~ Moi/ME
I'm the village crazy lady, that's my job ~Grandma Tala (Moana)
Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something ~Morihei Ueshiba
WingedWolfPsion
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like what I am. ;)
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Winged Wolf
Zodiac:

The only djinn I have met in person were the real deal. A punjabi friend from a Muslim background summoned them. He told me that djinn prefer indwelling as payment for their services--IE, the right to ride around in someone's body and experience life through them. He also explained that djinn come in two basic varieties--the 'good' djinn who are loyal to Allah, and will not deal with non-Muslims, and the 'bad' djinn who are angry and chaotic and can be dangerous. As a non-Muslim, he dealt with the latter. He actually summoned quite a lot of them, and gave them indwelling for one day in exchange for their help.

His aura looked like it was filled with frog eyes, it was most creepy. He would lapse into typing strange things as he allowed them to speak through him, sometimes trancing out entirely. I will never forget their peculiar concession...their agreement to a proposal. "We bow".

The djinn themselves were useful. I will give them that much. They are exceptionally powerful entities, even the 'lesser' djinn that he summoned. They have the keenest perception of any entity or person I have encountered. They also held up their end of the agreement to the letter. Not to the intention, but to the letter. They are savvy little lawyers. They are quick to take offense, and slow to forgive, and very highly intelligent, contrary to some of the mythology. They were honorable but entirely unfriendly, as they will find any loophole they can take advantage of in an agreement--just as in all of the legendary stories about them.

I came away from the experience with a wary respect for these entities. There are few entities I would avoid dealing with or pushing around if I felt it necessary. The djinn are among them. Demons, Fae, even angels, they don't worry me. The djinn do.

Individual djinn can have very different personalities. The ones I encountered were quite traditional. Quite old. And I would say, quite dangerous. They very much disliked humans, as a rule.

Like humans, Djinn are allowed to follow any religion, and those Djinn that are non-Muslim are not bound by the rules that Muslim Djinn are bound by. They are not bound from possessing humans, nor from harming them. Just a thing to consider--Djinn are as individual as humans, and that in itself is worthy of caution.

--Winged Wolf
"I will stare at the sun until its light doesn't blind me, and I will walk into the fire, til its heat doesn't burn me, and I will feed the fire..."
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

"Djinn" is one of those words like "Fae", "Angel", "Demon", "Ghost", etc. It is a broad & general term in this case to describe a type of wish-granting entity that possesses powers above & beyond. Some believe a Watcher is a Djinn... and no, I'm not talking about eBay I'm talking about history of spirits & entities in recorded literature... some believe different types of Angels are Djinn... and since each region & religion has their own Angels, Demons, Ghosts, Fae & Djinn that is when you see them described using their location. You find the same sort of entities in every religion, every magic subscription and every cultural history and they go by different & unique names in each of them... the general terms are used to describe them as a common demoninator across them all.

Nympho-Djinn? I don't know. If it is a sexual Djinn why not just say Sexual Djinn? If you are talking about cross-breeding different people believe different things. That comes down to your particular belief system.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Amberly
venerated member
venerated member

I didn't know how else to put it... :lol: I am so sleep deprived it's unreal. :snore: Thanks.

~Amberly~

Dare to be Different; Dare to Dream ~ Moi/ME
I'm the village crazy lady, that's my job ~Grandma Tala (Moana)
Failure is the key to success; each mistake teaches us something ~Morihei Ueshiba
shaf02
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process

The only main djinns I've heard of and actually read of from old books are

ifrits ,shaitans, marids, ghuls, and janns.

I'm not actually familiar with the other types of djinns that are mentioned on the website

but people might be mistaking them for other entities by classifying them as a type of djinn.
It actually depends on the person who classifies them I believe and what magnolia is saying is some true because
it really depends on the individual who sorts them as a type of wish granter.

So my advice I'd just go along with those types.

(POST COUNT + 1) YES, Fist Bump! lol.
Zin
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Duojna, Black Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: too many options! :o
Zodiac:

WingedWolfPsion wrote:The only djinn I have met in person were the real deal. A punjabi friend from a Muslim background summoned them. He told me that djinn prefer indwelling as payment for their services--IE, the right to ride around in someone's body and experience life through them. He also explained that djinn come in two basic varieties--the 'good' djinn who are loyal to Allah, and will not deal with non-Muslims, and the 'bad' djinn who are angry and chaotic and can be dangerous. As a non-Muslim, he dealt with the latter. He actually summoned quite a lot of them, and gave them indwelling for one day in exchange for their help.

His aura looked like it was filled with frog eyes, it was most creepy. He would lapse into typing strange things as he allowed them to speak through him, sometimes trancing out entirely. I will never forget their peculiar concession...their agreement to a proposal. "We bow".

The djinn themselves were useful. I will give them that much. They are exceptionally powerful entities, even the 'lesser' djinn that he summoned. They have the keenest perception of any entity or person I have encountered. They also held up their end of the agreement to the letter. Not to the intention, but to the letter. They are savvy little lawyers. They are quick to take offense, and slow to forgive, and very highly intelligent, contrary to some of the mythology. They were honorable but entirely unfriendly, as they will find any loophole they can take advantage of in an agreement--just as in all of the legendary stories about them.

I came away from the experience with a wary respect for these entities. There are few entities I would avoid dealing with or pushing around if I felt it necessary. The djinn are among them. Demons, Fae, even angels, they don't worry me. The djinn do.

Individual djinn can have very different personalities. The ones I encountered were quite traditional. Quite old. And I would say, quite dangerous. They very much disliked humans, as a rule.

Like humans, Djinn are allowed to follow any religion, and those Djinn that are non-Muslim are not bound by the rules that Muslim Djinn are bound by. They are not bound from possessing humans, nor from harming them. Just a thing to consider--Djinn are as individual as humans, and that in itself is worthy of caution.
The above is my main reason for avoiding Djinn in general...

Though now that I have my Nethratolsta Ritual, I have a Norse Djinn... which brings up the question-at least in my mind-of how the Norse ones differ from the more...traditional ones.

I walk a path I cannot see, but it's the one that's meant for me. <3
There are Powerlines in our Bloodlines
Proud to have many Giants in my Bloodline.
Seeker of Knowledge.
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

interesting thread.

bump.

:peace: SFP

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

A Sexual djinn is a sexual djinn. Under any race lol. There's no race of "Sex Djinns" per say..At least not that i know of.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I have djinn, and work daily with them. The ones I have are loyal to me, and never try to possess me.
They grant wishes for me, but these wishes take time to develop, since they are sometimes vague or complex wishes.
I am, however, learning to make my wishes more specific, so that they can grant them faster.
I also am careful to ask for things that are not harmful to others, and do not ask for things that will take away from others. :applause: :shh:

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels

Return to “Djinn Races”