active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I had an experience some nights ago about a week ago. I watched the movie Black Swan.. and no I am not into chick flicks, but I was watching it more for the dark psycho-sexual thriller. Something near the end of the movie really hit me, and I'm not sure if it was psychological or a spirit, or me just empathically connecting to the actors energy.... but it was freakin strong and it felt so good...

There is the scene where she is the Black Swan doing her part near the end... but what really hit me and stayed with me the entire night after the movie... was when she was going through changes. All I can say is the energy or whatever it was "in" me... an energy or an entity? It felt very primal and dark... it felt very good. Not dark like a depressing goth and really weighed down... dark as in an intense lust and bloodthirsty. No I didn't do bad things, but it was really strange as I felt.... more grounded in my body... but at the same time more energetic and stronger. When I looked at the world it was like looking through the eyes of a predator. I wasn't angry or negative feeling.. I just felt very good and had sort of a dark smile behind my eyes! I also did garner the attention of people around me, not that I don't ever, but just more so.

Anyone else experience something like this or have any idea what this is? Ash or anyone else familiar with this sort of energy? This was a week or so back. Awesome movie I recommend! It definetely sends some strong dark signals if you are watching it for that.

Go Big or Go Home.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

I understand this very well. It seems to me that it could be you applying deep empathy to the film, and the way in which this particular film is formed (in my opinion) very highly provokes this - it involves you in a very significant way.
From there it seems you were able to tune into the darker energies underlying what was happening during that finale of transformation, it penetrated you spiritually and remained with you to the extent of having a noticeable impact. Quite the experience to have, very meaningful if you perceive it in a certain manner and utilize the power of it to bring on a greater awareness of yourself.

Media of this nature already has very spiritual and philosophical meaning that can truly strike a person sensitive to it all, or if it was created in a way that naturally leaves such a mark on the viewer (which I have suggested) - and so if combining these aspects you can be sure to have a unique impression result.
If you wish to explore what you experienced further, I would encourage you to really consider the different aspects of the film and what the details mean to you, theorize and let your mind make various relations. You will attain a greater awareness of how it applies personally as well as universally.
There are ideas I can come up with already that tie into the duality presented in the film, such as the Jungian "shadow self" amongst many others.

(In the media review section of the forum, there is a thread on Black Swan. Not sure if you have access to that section yet, but i'd recommend you check it out and perhaps add your thoughts there if/when you do).

QuantumWater
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

So you really loved the film too? Yes the shadow side really had me intrigued. I didn't understand that skin thing she had, but it all seemed part of the tapping into it. Yeah I don't know how to gain access to those other parts of the forums. I think I'm gonna buy that DVD/BluRay

Go Big or Go Home.
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Just watched this again,
I find it a very important film. I want to open discussion on this... who else has seen it and what did you feel while watching? What impression where you left with as it ended and after?

Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

I have always liked Swan Lake and it's my favorite ballet. And Odile always fascineted me and I think this movie was a beautiful interpretation, so well done and I love it. I saw this movie 3 times, I think.

During the movie I feel like I'm building something, like layers fitting together and the final transformation is this climax for it. In the final transformation I felt like intense dark excitement and joy, freedom and raw will to seduct. I stayed charged for hours after the end of the movie. Part of wanting to see it again was to see if I would fee like this again, and I did.

I would love to see what everyone else experience in this movie.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

I am thrilled to see a discussion on this film, as its psychological undertones really blew me away when I saw it. I'll need some time to mull over it, as it has been some time since I've seen it.

Return to “Paranormal Media Review”