Bellatrix Lestrange
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shinigami
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:
OK.let me just clear this up. i have no problem with NOC or any other member helping with upgrades. but if someone might not get upgraded because a helper doesnt think their post is ''meaty''enough then ash and magnolia should be gone to for a second opinion.that is what i am trying to say.
Noc is limited only to the Honored group for upgrades, she doesn't deal with the Tenured, Journeyman, or the registered users. I cant speak much for sadlotus but i know she knows that..it also shows on usergroups if you check profile it lists the group leaders... Ash & I are the only ones who address those groups. When it comes to the Honored group you pretty much know who has been around & contributing over the last year and a half. As long as someone posts regularly (at least once a week), then you know they are active members. As I said above, you're taking about 1.5% of the total membership that Noc deals with upgrades for. I don't think it's going to be an issue.
What i agree with sadlotus and what we both have stated... Its not about noc,not at all.we never stated noc or her groupleader status..the reason sadlotus posted what was quoted above,was to clear up misunderstandings..To quote sadlotus again
hey as long as they are only judging based on guidlines...

that is the only concern we have relating to this topic...
Maybe it's just me, but I think anyone who sticks with something for a year and a half and actively cares & contributes should be recognized.
your not the only one..me and sadlotus both have said "we think noc's judgment has been fair" all we are concerned about is everyone else is fair aswell,this was not meant at only noc..wich has been stated aswell..
i have no problem with NOC or any other member helping with upgrades
neither me nor sadlotus are saying you are noc,we both agree your judgment has been fair
I am not argueing your points,im just clarifying incase of misunderstandings again

ImageImage
ღƸ̴Ӂ̴ƷღIღloveღyouღGrellღSutcliffღƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒღ Image
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

NOC i personally have no problems with you on this post or any other posts.in NO WAY was i attacking you or your right to help out.we may not always see eye to eye on things but that is natural human behaviour,not everyone can agree 100%. :lol:

as for you helping with upgrades great! good for you. i have no problem with you doing it or any other member helping. :thumbup:

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
Spiked
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn
My magical/paranormal name...: Pixie Flubbadub

**sigh** There was a time that being "blue" meant that they were people such as Crone, Alex Caiyros, Ellen, Princess, Sage of Aquarius, Mohgrella, Tammy "Dragonlady", Phil "Dragonkeeper", Faerie Whispers and others, who EACH had DECADES of hard work, intensive training under Mentors not to mention considerable $$$ spent - Magnolia & Ash know how that works - and never once expect instant gratification or instant knowledge. THAT is what I call commitment and passion worthy of recognition, not just to be dismissed out of hand as "helpful".

Sadly, now it has been devalued to be officially someone who posts on the Internet for 18mths. If there's anyone out there that doesn't see that as a Decline - I feel sorry for you. Very, very sorry.

Of course, yes there are greater numbers here now and I hope that continues. But that does not add up to quality. McDonald's had a turnover of $27bn last year, and the adulteration of the "meat" in their product was strongly condemned in a thread here somewhere. So to suggest that greater numbers means there is no decline - reasoning seems faulty there.

I would stress here that I'm referring to the Forum, not the shop, before someone decides to misinterpret it.

Bringing Light since 2009

DISCLAIMER - nothing in this post is anything other than my own opinion and may not be even slightly interesting.
moonwind
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Moonwind
Zodiac:

Just because someone wants to be blue does not mean they do not posses all of those great qualities you wrote. Perhaps some do and we just did not find CH in the early days.

Just because it does not work for them does not mean it will not work for you!

ImageImageImage
Spiked
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

moonwind wrote:Just because someone wants to be blue does not mean they do not posses all of those great qualities you wrote. Perhaps some do and we just did not find CH in the early days.

To the best of my knowledge, none of those people actually sought the status. Spirituality and status-seeking are fundementally incompatible.

DISCLAIMER - nothing in this post is anything other than my own opinion and may not be even slightly interesting.
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

**sigh** There was a time that being "blue" meant that they were people such as Crone, Alex Caiyros, Ellen, Princess, Sage of Aquarius, Mohgrella, Tammy "Dragonlady", Phil "Dragonkeeper", Faerie Whispers and others, who EACH had DECADES of hard work, intensive training under Mentors not to mention considerable $$$ spent - Magnolia & Ash know how that works - and never once expect instant gratification or instant knowledge. THAT is what I call commitment and passion worthy of recognition, not just to be dismissed out of hand as "helpful".

Sadly, now it has been devalued to be officially someone who posts on the Internet for 18mths. If there's anyone out there that doesn't see that as a Decline - I feel sorry for you. Very, very sorry.

Of course, yes there are greater numbers here now and I hope that continues. But that does not add up to quality. McDonald's had a turnover of $27bn last year, and the adulteration of the "meat" in their product was strongly condemned in a thread here somewhere. So to suggest that greater numbers means there is no decline - reasoning seems faulty there.
Spiked, I have the feeling from your comments that you have been slightly mislead into thinking things that aren't entirely true about some people in that list. I've been here since day 1 and I was here when all of them joined, and while some may have decades of experience in some things, I can assure you that from their posts in initially joining that they did not all have experience, decades or even months for some, in everything. Some were brand new to things like Spirit Keeping. I'm not going to get into who, but some of the old posts from the old forum and old posts from this one would suffice.

I'm not going to argue with you person-by-person or point-by-point from your list. Some of the people on that list haven't been here in a long time, and that's what it boils down to Spiked, the people WHO ARE ACTUALLY HERE. Some in your list were here a long time, some in your list had issues with others on the forum & were involved in drama, and some left over arguments with others here.

I appreciate people who help others, and you can immortalize the list you gave, but none of them were perfect, I'm not perfect, you're not perfect, and I'm not going to marginalize the members who are actually here and participate because you are idolizing a group of people who left.

The criteria for Honored has never changed Spiked. The blue was assigned to those people (if they were even here when we had the blue, some of them weren't even here!!!), was assigned to them in due process. You can be as rude & ill-mannered to the members here as you want, but you forget that I know more about those people in that list than you think I do, I know exactly where they were when they came here, the questions they asked, the things they said and exactly how much they knew when they got here (including their question & inquiries via email & HD). So don't propose to tell me what the people in your list knew.

I don't think anyone here deserves to be told, "Sorry, you're not on the idol list, you can't be blue". Anyone here who has actively contributed for 18 month DOES DESERVE RESPECT & RECOGNITION. If you don't get that then you should be sorry. Your list of people are people who left here, they don't care anything about this community on CH, and therefore I'm not going to abandon people who actually DO CARE & ARE HERE for the sake of people who left.

And, you can compare the CH Community to whatever you want, but the fact stands that I am going to defend the members who ARE ACTUALLY HERE, Spiked. There's some really good people here who are just as knowledgeable & helpful. I don't discredit or discount people who actually care, Spiked. You can belittle & begrudge all you want, but when it comes to members of this board who I see actually helping & contributing, and being supportive to others, I am a ferociously loyal advocate. And I don't doubt some on your list would back that up as well considering when they were here I defended a few of them in situations on here & abroad as well. So, don't belittle the people who are still actually here & helping.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Spiked
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

If this is being misinterpreted as belittling ANYONE, then I have evidently been unclear. That was never my intention, but the fact remains that decades of training really ought to be worth recognition. Including that of Magnolia & Ash.

If I ever have a problem with anyone, I will confront them directly. I love you all.
creepyhollows wrote:you're not perfect,
On THAT we can both agree ;)

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

And I would be more than happy to recognize them, if they were still here... and they already know they have my respect.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Spiked
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Well, if any of them do wish to pipe up & disagree with me, they are more than welcome.

Just like anyone else ;)

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I dont think spiked was belittling anyone either, not from what I've read. If I'm not mistakened, he was just pointing out that they are "some" who take color-status more seriously then others when it is perhaps unnecessary and needless. Orange is the only color that is required to open up more private sections, while the other colors just show amount of dedication to the forum. Patience & dedication When the time comes, recognition will be placed where it deserves.
Last edited by Killa on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Messages & Updates”