Armenian Gods and Goddesses

Resources and links to information on immortals from various cultures.
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

p’yunik~*~chovexani wrote:I will be posting every so often a small bio on the gods and goddesses of ancient Armenia. Some of them draw parallels to Greek and Iranian gods as it is thought that each of these cultures influenced each other.

The first I will talk about is one of my favorites as I relate to her. She is Tsovinar or Nar. She is the Armenian goddess of water, sea, and rain. She is what they call a fire creature, she forces the rain and hail to fall from the heavens with her fury.
Her name Tsovinar means "Nar of the sea".

She is mentioned in the Armenian book called Noah's Book. The god Khardi is angry with mankind for two great sins, disrespecting G-d and bread. He decides to exterminate mankind through a flood. Tsovinar his brother is angry about his decision and refuses to help being the goddess of water. He goes behind her back and decides to do it anyway. One of the gods warns Noah and thus Noah builds the Ark and lives.

It is not coincidence that the Ark is thought to be in the Armenian mountains, specifically Ararat. The gods are over joyed that he escaped and lived and are angry at Khardi.

Not much else is mentioned of her, but I find her an very interesting Immortal to have around as I am a fire sign, however, a water element.
Tsovinar is a goddess who is hanging around heavily lately. I can only guess it is because of the turmoil the ocean just went through. She keeps saying healing will come with the help of a few for the many. Which I take as a good sign.

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
Tethys
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire/Ubi/Alpha
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

BUMP!

Great info in here!
I was sad to see this thread die.
*Do a little :dancing: then ::pot:: and POOF back to life* :silly:

A master of one's emotions is a master of one's self.

Return to “Immortal Information and Cultures”