Breadfruit

Share your favorite recipes that are to die for!
Bellatrix Lestrange
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shinigami
Zodiac:

AngelFire wrote:I've never had breadfruit but growing up, my father who was from Jamaica used to talk about it. Do you have a recipe for beef patties? I've not had them in quite awhile. Yup i do :D Will post asap :thumbup: Sometimes I cheat and make a meat pie type using store bought pie crust and ground beef with curry and other seasonings. For me its very hard to get the crust right,the meat is ok,but the crust isnt as yummy as the ones at a store i go to..I wonder if they use the same recipe as me :silly: I'm getting a craving for them just thinking about it :hungry: love all the different recipes you've posted Caribbean Sunshine.
:D

ImageImage
ღƸ̴Ӂ̴ƷღIღloveღyouღGrellღSutcliffღƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒღ Image
Goldilocks
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any that isn't shy
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

wow very easy bella. normally when we prepare bread fruit we brake it in half, fetch out all the seeds mix it with a lot of sad to get the slime out and wash and wash and wash until it is gone. leave it out overnight to dry off a bit. then boil it the next day and as soon as it sets to boil get it off the fire and set it on the grinding stone to remove the back. you can also use a bottle to get the back to come off. when you are done pick out the white seeds and throw out the brown backs. and it is read to be cooked or fried. to cook there are so many different recipes but to fry is easiest and very tasty with palm nuts.

Goldilocks
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any that isn't shy
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

wowww am amazed just googled dried breadfruit so that i can drool all over it only to discover that the western world eats the flesh parts of the breadfruit while africans eat the seeds only. interesting.

Bellatrix Lestrange
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shinigami
Zodiac:

Goldilocks wrote:wow very easy bella. normally when we prepare bread fruit we brake it in half, fetch out all the seeds mix it with a lot of sad to get the slime out and wash and wash and wash until it is gone. leave it out overnight to dry off a bit. then boil it the next day and as soon as it sets to boil get it off the fire and set it on the grinding stone to remove the back. you can also use a bottle to get the back to come off. wow,never heard of using a bottle, cool :D and wow big preparation,i go for the simple way,though your way might make it taste better :silly: when you are done pick out the white seeds and throw out the brown backs. and it is read to be cooked or fried. to cook there are so many different recipes but to fry is easiest and very tasty with palm nuts.
*nod* fried is very good,never tried palm nuts,When i fry it i eat it with rice and spices..Need to try palm nuts might be tasty :D
Goldilocks wrote:wowww am amazed just googled dried breadfruit so that i can drool all over it only to discover that the western world eats the flesh parts of the breadfruit while Africans eat the seeds only. interesting.
Interesting,never knew ate the seeds only..Learn something new everyday :D

ImageImage
ღƸ̴Ӂ̴ƷღIღloveღyouღGrellღSutcliffღƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒღ Image

Return to “Dinner to Die For”