venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

This was a film that i really enjoyed during my childhood. I decided to sit with my dragons today and watch it, something i'd been meaning to do for a while.

It's an animated film made in the 1980's. It's essentially about magic vs science/logic and is aimed to be set in a time where wizards and dragons walked more freely.... It's mostly about 4 wizard brothers deciding what to do about the fact that man is moving towards a mechanical age which is erasing/nulifying the existence of magic. Whereas the 3 brothers representive of air, earth and water wish to separate the realm of magic from the realm of "reality" in order to inspire man from a distance, the fire brother (portrayed as evil) wishes to ignite vice and destruction in order to inspire science to eventually destroy man....
As you can probably tell by the description it's sounds rather basic in concept and made for children, and i did find that some of that stuff, i did find it a little "cheesy" :silly:
However really this film just brought a big smile to my face watching it and i'd recommend it to dragon lovers. I especially found amusing when one of the main dragons talks about his hoard of gold. :lol: It has some really nice themes to it that i think people will enjoy. It would probably be mostly enjoyed by children due to the fantasy nature and because it's more presented to that target audience but it does have some intelligent themes to it which adults will enjoy. I also think the main message of the film resonates well with people who had a more magical childhood.

For the most part the film portrays dragons rather well, except that one of the main plot points is that dragons breathe fire, which i've heard, on this forum anyway, isn't true. The film portrays dragons as good except one dragon it portrays as evil. It portrays most magickal creatures as good infact, except for ogres....

IF you can find this film it's worth a watch imho.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Turtlefae
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 135
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Well the practitioner I got my black dragon from mentioned that he,"breathes fire when threatened" and I trust her personally and didn't Huffette say her Platinum dragon breathes ice? I remember hearing about another type of dragon that breathes acid/poison or something like that, maybe it was a type of wyvern, I can't remember. I personally believe there are countless types of dragons in existence, not all of them are cookie cutter clones copy pasta, even among the same color of dragon, depending on the conjurer you will find different qualities, a black dragon from Magnolia is different from a black dragon from another seller or there could be a silver dragon from Russia and another silver dragon from Iceland but they're still different. How would you know if all dragons in all existence are all incapable of breathing fire? Blah blah blah blah blah, sorry I'm rambling.

I've never heard of that movie before, it's be nice if there were more movies that showed dragons in a positive light.

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Chelly wrote:Well the practitioner I got my black dragon from mentioned that he,"breathes fire when threatened" and I trust her personally and didn't Huffette say her Platinum dragon breathes ice? I remember hearing about another type of dragon that breathes acid/poison or something like that, maybe it was a type of wyvern, I can't remember. I personally believe there are countless types of dragons in existence, not all of them are cookie cutter clones copy pasta, even among the same color of dragon, depending on the conjurer you will find different qualities, a black dragon from Magnolia is different from a black dragon from another seller or there could be a silver dragon from Russia and another silver dragon from Iceland but they're still different. How would you know if all dragons in all existence are all incapable of breathing fire? Blah blah blah blah blah, sorry I'm rambling.

I've never heard of that movie before, it's be nice if there were more movies that showed dragons in a positive light.
Sorry i never responded to this.
Anyway, yeah i wasn't sure whether they breathed fire or not. I read somewhere on this forum that they didn't breathe fire a long time ago so that's where i got the impression from. I don't really pretend to know and if there are dragons that breathe fire and people own them, then what i heard must have been wrong. :thumbup:
I'm sure there are many different types of dragons and your probably right. :thumbup:

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates

Return to “Paranormal Media Review”