Lavender Oil (Lavendula Augustifolia)

Share you information, tips, & tricks for working with alternate methods for health, cleansing, and balance.
Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

Lavender is my personal favorite oil. It has probably more uses than any other oil. Any massage oil, incense, balm, soap, candle dressings/anointing, baths, etc I do for myself or family always has at least one or two drops of lavender in it.

In addition to soothing burns and healing scars and wounds quickly, it does a multitude of things.

*use a small amount to helpyou sleep soundly (usually 3 or 4 drops in a diffuser, on a pillow, mixed with water sprayed around a room, on a tissue and inhaled, in a bath) whereas a larger amount (around 6-12drops) can stimulate.

*a lavender bath is a great way to take a child's fever down providing its not a dangerously high fever, in which case medical attention should be sought immediately. The rule I use for my kids is one drop of lavender for every year of age put into a bath but I don't go over 8 drops.

*it helps kill the flu bug, dilute with a carrier oil and rub over your body.

*helps with headaches, rashes, acne, sinuses, allergies, boosts the immune system, lowers blood pressure, insomnia, depression, respiratory infection, easing the pain of earache, menstrual cramps.....and much more

*it makes an excellent mosquito/bug repellent (I used it in Texas where the bitey bugs are the size of birds hahaha and it does work)

CAUTIONS-
*lavender should note used by pregnant women. It is thought to be cytotoxic in vitro, which basically means it could attack the baby.
*it lowers blood sugars so it's not recommended for diabetics as it could cause hypos.

WHEN YOU BUY LAVENDER, BEWARE OF THE 40/42 lavender. It is only a fragrance and BEARS NO CHEMICAL RESEMBLANCE TO LAVENDULA AUGUSTIFOLIA.

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
lyndivine
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 2
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: azalea
Zodiac:

I love Lavender too! I have bags of it all over my house, in my drawers, and in my dream pillow. I even have a lavender filled muslin bag that I use in the dryer to keep my clothes smelling fresh.
I was unaware of some of the medicinal uses of it so thank you for sharing!
::wave::

:rainbow:

Cheese Sandwitch
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Your favorite spirit to work with: demons
Zodiac:

Oooh good idea on the dryer sachet! Some people don't like the smell, it took me a while to get used to myself but I love it and it brings me great comfort when I smell it.

When my kids were little, they used to ask me for "smelly tissues" when the couldn't sleep or when they had colds. I got some strange looks from nursery teachers because theyd walk around with tissues up to their faces hahaha. I would put two drops onto a tissue and fold it up, then let them just breathe the vapors.

I find this tea very helpful when I have a headache or start to get a sore throat/cold:

1tsp lavender herb
1tsp peppermint herb

Use that as a base for cold teas, you can add feverfew if there is a fever present, hops if you want to sleep, lemon and honey added are excellent as well. You can mix and match to suit. :)

Cloud nine gets all the publicity, but cloud eight actually is cheaper, less crowded, and has a better view.- George Carlin
In heaven all the interesting people are missing - Friederich Nietzche
All religions, arts and sciences are branches of the same tree.- Albert Einstein
Share small joys. Even if you cannot live like a wild animal, give up your fear of being happy- 3 of Chalices Ludy Lescot Tarot
"Cheese- milk's leap to immortality"-Clifton Fadiman
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Ah Cheese, this is my all time favorite oil!!!!! :thumbup: :applause:

If I use it right away when I feel the first signs of a migraine, I can usually stop it in it's tracks!!!! If I don't catch it soon enough then at least I can help to cut the pain!!!! There are so many uses for it!!!! :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing them with all of us!!!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector

Return to “Alternate Healing/Aromatherapy”