Newbie Volkh questions

Discussion of creatures starting with letters K-Z.
pilgrimsoul05
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 1
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I am waiting for my first two spirits to arrive: a custom cambion and a custom volkh. I probably should have asked this first, but I was very excited, and went ahead and ordered! Because cambions are technically DA and are described as manipulative, I'm wondering if the volkh can co-exist with the cambion?

My second question is about how volkhs "attach" to you. Is this all the time...or only when there is a threat? Because I think there are times when I wouldn't necessarily want the volkh hanging around...or can you limit this with house rules?

Finally, part of the reason I felt the urge to get the volkh (I was also considering a gargoyle, but thought that would really freak my dogs out) was because I live alone and get a little freaked out about someone breaking in. Would volkhs be good for protection in this case (e.g. a physical threat), or do they respond more to bad wishes, curses, that sort of thing?

Thanks! I'm excited but also nervous to start this journey...hope I chose well!

Farrell
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process

I see no issue with a volkh and a cambion existing in the same household. I have 5 volkhs and a lot of others who are much darker than cambion and my house rules dictate that everyone respect one another. They don't need to interact but as volkhs are really more a non-social spirit, they keep to themselves anyhow.

When the vessel arrives, you should welcome it and state your expectations while bonding. They are very low maintenance spirits and most don't require a lot of bonding time. I have at least one with me at all times, but you can provide yours with guidance on what you wish them to "do" as part of your life.

No spirit alone is going to stop someone from physically entering your house. What they can do is perhaps color an intruder's thoughts making your property less inviting, but even that is not fool proof. You still have to do your part by making sure your house is secure and valuables are not visible, etc. I personally find volkhs best equipped at diffusing and and/or keeping negative energy at bay. I have werewolves (also DA) and harpies (mine are very DA) keeping watch on my house/property (among other things, of course).

You have made fine choices so far and have plenty of time to decide if and when you want to bring more spirits into your keep. The other thing I want to mention is that the descriptions of a type of spirit are generalized and the ones who join your family may have all of the characteristics you've read about or just a handful of the characteristics (i.e. your cambion may not necessarily be manipulative). You'll know more once you get to know them. I applaud you for your research thus far and encourage you to continue searching the forum as there are many threads out there on both types of spirits.

"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X
pilgrimsoul05
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thank you for the reply and advice. I do have 2 dogs and an alarm, but I think I would feel better if I had another warning system when the dogs and I are sleeping. I'm very skittish though, so I didn't want to choose something that would freak me or the dogs out with clicking sounds or hovering over me in my sleep lol. The board is great for information, but sometimes some of the stories are a bit creepy and make me second guess whether I really want to invite such things into my home! But I think overall the stories about volkhs and cambions are pretty positive. Mine still haven't shipped, so I'm still waiting :)

Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

My husbands volkh remains with him at all times (or nearly so). This spirit was specifically requested to diffuse the potential for violence and assault (he works with sever mentall illness clients). Excellent at diffusing volatile situations and disordered energies.

My own is less constant in overt pressence but still gets the job done.

Please don't expect solid physical manifestations from a non-physical being. (like beating up a burglar and calling the cops for you) However, you can ask your volkh to help you to feel safe and secure. It sounds like you take appropriate precautions, but could use a little emotional support.

Particularly since these are your first two, I strongly urge you to take all the time you need to fully bond, rather than expecting the usual 30 days to be sufficient.

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

here is a good article that magnolia and ash wrote on the subject of protection.

http://encyclopedia.creepyhollows.com/a ... ction.html

as far as attaching themselves to you, think of it as having a raincoat on when it rains. a raincoat only wants to protect you and keep you dry. just as a volkh only wants to keep you safe.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

tammuz
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Archangel Michael
If I could be anything, I would be...: Larva :)
My magical/paranormal name...: Rev. Tammuz
Zodiac:

That is good. Cambion is an awesome choice :)
volkh is the best. First for everyone to get for sure!
Volkhs are slightly anti-social so there won't be a problem :)
And i think as for getting a Gargoyle wouldn't upset doggie, unless gargoyle wants to, so there should be a rule for that :D

IF you want to help,
IMAGINE you are a surgeon:
You need a cold knife,
and death-still hands.
Maythen21
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 30
Zodiac:

I have 3 house cats and one has a significant trauma history. Part of the house rules are that the cats are Household Members, Family, and not to be tormented.

They actually play quite happily together. My trauma cat is cuddle buddies with several of my larger more pack oriented spirits, even the otherwise spooky guys. If they were corporeal my poor little man would probably drop dead in terror, but he's fine as long as they follow the house rules.

(one of my non-vessel bounds scares the heck out of Everyone, and that's my kitties best buddy. it's impossible to watch a cat race that includes my beasties and not get the giggles)

I find that house rules and designating the animal members of the household as family is generally enough to keep things peaceful. But I don't Keep extremly dark or volatile spirits, so bear that in mind.

pilgrimsoul05
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Thanks for the advice! I don't expect a physical confrontation, but it would be comforting that I could have another warning system. I'm also a lawyer, and get a lot of negative energy hurled my way, so I'm hoping my volkh can help with that. I'm also hoping my cambion can give me pointers on persuasion for work :lol:

As for my dogs, they have always tracked things around the room. I was told by a psychic that my dogs that passed come to visit them and check up on me. But since I placed my first order, they are noticeably doing this more often. And one dog stares at me and barks like "don't you see that???" haha. So I know they are sensitive. It would be nice to have a spirit comfort and keep them company when I'm at work, but teasing would not be cool. I will have to be specific in my rules. It would also be nice to have a spirit check up on them during the day (since they are old and not really healthy) and let me know if they are in distress and I should go home. I'm not sure if these are the best spirits for that??

I see that my cambion is shipping soon...I can't wait to find out about him!

pilgrimsoul05
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Ok, I have another volkh question. I have been having a lot of trouble with the other women in the office who work under me. Apparently they've been complaining to my boss that I'm too short with them and mean, etc. (because I point out their mistakes and make them correct them). My boss came to me and said I'm the problem with office morale. I would love to quit, but can't afford to. I'm wondering if the volkh could do anything about making them stop lying about me and improve their attitude toward me? I don't just want a shield, because they'll still keep spewing this stuff to my boss since they're lazy and I make them work. Or would another spirit be better at this type of thing?

GreyBull85
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
Zodiac:

I have a protection team consisting of a Dujona, Vollkh, and a Gargoyle. They are invaluable. I also have a Cat and a Dog which I ask my team to look out for as well. I have never had any adverse affects on my pets, and as far as the level of protection goes, I no longer get colds / flus (for about 2 years now since i bought my team), never receive huge bills or bad news in the mail. My spiritual energy is at an all time high, and i know that I have a great amount of protection around me at all times.

Hope this helps.

-GB85

“The greatest illusion is that man has limitations.”
Robert A. Monroe

Return to “Creatures K-Z”