venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 100
If I could be anything, I would be...: an angel
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Lately, I have been working with a binding of Dionysus from CH, in conjunction with the immortal orb. The first time I did the invocation, I remember it was just past midnight and I felt this huge rush of energy which was unbelievably intoxicating.
This feeling of intoxication carried me through the whole night whilst I slept. It was very heady, divinely heady.
This morning I was meditating with his binding and I had the image of a curly haired, young man kneeling beside me. I opened
my eyes on impulse and the moment was gone but I was left with the word 'foreign'.

Intrigued, I looked him up and I came across several references that he was a foreign God from the East and that he came to Greece through Thrace, which is an area that comprises of present day Bulgaria, the north east borders of Greece and Turkey.
He's one of the last Gods to be added to the Greek pantheon and I wonder if he, perhaps, likes to be thought of as a foreign God? I don't know but here's an article about Dionysus,

Dionysus, Greek god of wine and pleasure, is one of the more mysterious characters in Greek mythology. Known to the Romans as Bacchus, Greek mythology's Dionysus was the son of the powerful sky god Zeus, but his mother was the mortal Semele, princess of Thebes.
Zeus was well known for having many children from various affairs, and his wife Hera, Queen of the gods, was equally well known for seeking revenge on those women and her husband's illegitimate children. Though he may have been a prominent Greek god, Dionysus was still not spared Hera's wrath. In fact, she actually managed to have him killed not once, but twice as an infant! Being a Greek god Dionysus managed to survive both times with the help of his father Zeus, his grandmother Rhea, and Hermes, the Greek messenger god.
After barely escaping death twice, Dionysus was taken far away to the mythical Mount Nysa to be protected from Hera. There he was raised in a cave by mountain nymphs, the Hyades. Once he was grown he rarely stayed in one place. Rather than settle down on Mount Olympus with the other gods, Dionysus chose to travel about the world with his hard-partying followers, particularly the Satyrs and the Maenads.

For full article, see
http://www.gods-and-monsters.com/dionys ... k-god.html

Anna
CrankyFish
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 57
If I could be anything, I would be...: MYSELF
My magical/paranormal name...: Mistress Catching Fire Burning Down Houses of Cards Amber Sun Rainbow Aura
Zodiac:

Anna -

This is so weird, I can't find the article now but I'll keep looking...I went on a frenzy looking for any info on Dionysus
lately...But ya, the "foreigner" references stuck out, then you posted this!

Your experience seeing and feeling him, please keep sharing if you continue to do so!

Dionysus is definitely so much more than just the drunken crazy frat guy image he's been reduced to by popular culture (but you
know this ;) ....

One blogger said he connected with Dionysus during a period of extreme substance abuse & the blogger had felt
disconnected from his body for months, wondering around, feeling compelled to research all religions and spiritual streams.
He eventually stopped going so extreme with the drugs, at the advice of Dionysus.

In another blog, he offered the writer wine and bread in astral, and she was embarrassed to tell him she had quit drinking...he wasn't offended by her decline at all, and turned it into fruit juice instead, and explained to her in a basic way, "sensuality and mutual wanted sexual connection, is what will awaken and help free a person from many limits placed on them by being trapped in a mortal body"...

:rainbow:

Cheeky Devil
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Cranky ::wave::
I am pleased to hear that you were able to relate to my experiences with Dionysus.
Loved reading what you'd shared about two of the bloggers experiences, D is so cool, isn't he?
Since he came, he's made me immune to some of the sly taunts and remarks I hear at the workplace. (To be fair, I think
Anubis and Amun Ra have something to do with it too, as I had invoked them to protect me.) I am feeling calm, unperturbed and relaxed than I did in a long time and I feel it's D's influence on me. :cloud9:

D has also improved my social image, I am generally well-liked, but with Dionysus on board,
I am getting popular it seems, and compliments are pouring forth. The only downside is that you end up spending a lot
of time outdoors and the phone's ringing a lot more, so it gets harder to find some quiet time.
I think what he's trying to say is that, I should network more - 'Point taken, D' :D . After all, that is what he did when he was alive, he went around the world, networking, partying and learning from his worldly experiences.

Crankyfish I would love to hear about your experiences, I agree with your views, he's definitely been overlooked and underrated, he has a lot to offer and I regret that I waited so long to call out to him. I hope others will also follow and share their experiences with D.

Anna
Cheeky Devil
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Okay, I just looked him up on CH encyclo, and this is what they had to say,

The Greek god of Peace, Civilization & Theatre. He is an entertaining god who brings a calming effect. If you are in the acting profession, entertainment profession or want to be in that field he is a favorable companion as someone who can enhance those energies within you & make you more appealing.

Funny I should have mentioned feeling calm and relaxed. I guess I was also right about him improving my social image and drawing people towards me. 'Wow!! How I love thee Dionysys' Mwah xxx :D

Anna
canalyardsproject
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Zodiac:

Dionysus sounds like the god for me haha...but my partying days are supposed to be over. If there's anything in my blood it's the immortal Dionysus it just makes total total sense that I'm a descendent of him. Wow though...does anyone have any more experience with him? I really want to get a binding of him

nothing lasts
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

deadhead wrote:Dionysus sounds like the god for me haha...but my partying days are supposed to be over. If there's anything in my blood it's the immortal Dionysus it just makes total total sense that I'm a descendent of him. Wow though...does anyone have any more experience with him? I really want to get a binding of him
Dionysos is of my bloodline, we are very close energetically. But in generalization I may not cover what you're interested in knowing. I do recommend reading through the numerous references, and original texts regarding him that can be found online or at any library..he is vastly complex and his legend goes as deep. A very important God..the feel-good party aspect is a small or faceted component of the bigger picture.

canalyardsproject
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 1000
Zodiac:

No it's not just the partying I know. I'm naturally good in acting and artistic stuff and like I have this aura that just calms everyone down which apparently Dionysus does.
Haha maybe if he's in your bloodline too then does that make us like distant cousins...?
I like the part of his story where he doesn't like settle down on mount Olympus with the other gods and just lives like everywhere...

nothing lasts

Return to “Immortals”