Is it a breach of trust in your opinion?

Para
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics, Elven
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Para
Zodiac:

Where keeping spirits is concerned, would you consider it a breach of trust to tell others that you are a keeper? I ask because today I saw no problem with telling an inquiring neighbor whom I've known for a little over a year about what all my "pretties" are. She spotted me grabbing a handful of white envelopes out of the mailbox a little over a week ago and curiously asked me what all the packages were. I hesitated and told her that it's all my spiritual stuff (she knows that I'm a spiritual person). I said "you know a bunch of gemstones and stuff". Well, time went on and today she saw the pendant that my spirit keeping friend Leolyn had gifted to me for increasing bonding energies. My neighbor (having some natural gifts herself) asked me if it was "one of those things" I got in the mail. I said that my friend had given it to me but that Yest it was "one of those things". lol She wanted to know more. In my show n' tell session I felt that I didn't care whether or not she knew about my spirited vessels. I thought that even if she thinks I'm crazy and even if she tells everyone, what do I care? But THEN, as I sit inside roughly half an hour later I think to myself "OMG, did I breach trust between me and my spirits"??? It didn't dawn on me to ask them first. I was just happy to show them off. Of course I didn't mention names. But I did tell her what they were. She's very interested, which is good. But, she does tend to have a little diahrrea of the mouth. I wouldn't trust her with my deepest darkest secrets. She's nice enough but something tells me others will know. If I cared about that, I wouldn't have told her anything to begin with. But I'm worried about the possibility of having offended my spirits. What do you think??

~Para

SmokeyRose
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon / Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I wouldn't think they would mind, but you can always ask to be sure.

˙uıɥʇıʍ ʇɥƃıl ɐ sı ǝɹǝɥʇ ɟı ʎluo pǝlɐǝʌǝɹ sı ʎʇnɐǝq ǝnɹʇ ɹıǝɥʇ uı sʇǝs ssǝuʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ ʇnq 'ʇno sı uns ǝɥʇ uǝɥʍ ǝuıɥs puɐ ǝlʞɹɐds ʎǝɥʇ :sʍopuıʍ ssɐlƃ pǝuıɐʇs ǝʞıl ǝɹɐ ǝldoǝd
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

SmokeyRose wrote:I wouldn't think they would mind, but you can always ask to be sure.

exactly what i was going to say. ask them and see how they feel.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
AmnesiaReminisced
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: volkh
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Bahliayree
Zodiac:

I doubt it, but agree that asking is the best idea for you to a. know, and b. to show them that you care about this being a possible issue. Just the gesture to ask is very kind and respectful. To be frank, it never occurred to me when I first started keeping that they wouldn't want me bragging to others that I was a keeper, but that may have just been my own feelings projected. :D Therefore, I never bothered to ask about revealing that something was a "vessel" when the times have come up in conversation that it may fit to mention it.

Cheerz.

AmnR

SAGE LYON AZURE

Get some R&R. Everyday, Receive new truth and Reunite yourself.
Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Personally I don't talk about my spirit keeping to others but I have thought disclosing it several times to some of my close friends because.. iono, it felt like it would be less lonely to talk to someone about it who wasn't online, you know? My spirits indicated that they didn't really mind it or care, for that matter. After all, they were MY companions and not my friends' so they didn't have any obligations to them or feel any need to prove themselves.

In the end, I decided against it, for many reasons. The main one being that I really didn't like to have to explain myself over and over and the other one being I don't see them a lot in the first place so I really couldn't control who they tell.

Anyway, I don't think you'd have to worry about it. I personally think the secret thing is more for the keeper's benefit, so we don't get heckled. To some extent, it's for the spirits too, especially the ones who don't want to be bothered. Some of my younger spirits would go crazy if I told them to, but my older ones couldn't be bothered lol.

ImageImageImageImageImage
StarsmacK
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire.
My magical/paranormal name...: Akacia
Zodiac:

I don't see how it would be a breach of confidence unless your spirits asked you not to tell anyone about them. Which I'm sure they didn't. Would you go up to a new friend and be like, "Psssst, hey, don't tell anyone I exist." Probably not. Go ahead and ask your spirits how they feel about it. It will help make you feel better, and then you'll know how to go about the next situation like this that might come up.

§†år § m å ¢K ☆
Zin
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Duojna, Black Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: too many options! :o
Zodiac:

Not really.

I mean, if they request not to be discussed, that's one thing, but feeling unable to talk to anyone about something important to you would seriously suck. I have a few folks here irl who I talk to, and they know at least some fraction of my spirit family - they're close enough to practically be family to me, and they should know the folks who are here to watch over them, too, you know?

It's a bit of a difficult road to hoe talking about it with people you don't know so well...but no, not a breach of trust, in my eyes, not in the least.

I walk a path I cannot see, but it's the one that's meant for me. <3
There are Powerlines in our Bloodlines
Proud to have many Giants in my Bloodline.
Seeker of Knowledge.
Tinkerbell
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 38
Spelled Number: 24
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: A mermaid
My magical/paranormal name...: Tinkerbell!
Zodiac:

It is only a breach of trust if you feel it is. I mean, we talk about our spirit companions on here all the time, and share their vessels with photo uploads and what not, so how is what you did any different? I am sure if they were offended they would have clearly let you know by now. It is entirely up to the keeper and their comfort levels. Besides, it is not like they are the vessel itself!

Para
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Tinkerbell wrote:It is only a breach of trust if you feel it is. I mean, we talk about our spirit companions on here all the time, and share their vessels with photo uploads and what not, so how is what you did any different? I am sure if they were offended they would have clearly let you know by now. It is entirely up to the keeper and their comfort levels. Besides, it is not like they are the vessel itself!
I guess in my eyes it's different because CH is like family. MOST of us are spirit keepers. So, it's no big secret on here. I would assume our spirits know that. I share information about my spirits with those in my household. Everyone here, knows the names of everyone else and what they are etc. To go OUTSIDE is what had me worried for a minute. OBVIOUSLY I didn't find anything wrong with it at the time or I wouldn't have done it. It wasn't until after the fact that I started wondering if it was an ok thing to do. I don't think my spirits mind. But it doesn't hurt to ask those more seasoned. IMO anyway.

~Para

Para
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Zin wrote:Not really.

I mean, if they request not to be discussed, that's one thing, but feeling unable to talk to anyone about something important to you would seriously suck. I have a few folks here irl who I talk to, and they know at least some fraction of my spirit family - they're close enough to practically be family to me, and they should know the folks who are here to watch over them, too, you know?

It's a bit of a difficult road to hoe talking about it with people you don't know so well...but no, not a breach of trust, in my eyes, not in the least.
Thank you Zin, for your opinion. :)

~Para

Return to “Spirit Keeping”