StarsmacK
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Akacia
Zodiac:

Ruby wrote:
As for the person being possessed, the person I'm speaking of reported that when possessed, she feels like she's there but not THERE. Somewhere trapped between being detached from her body and not detached.

This has happened to me before. However, I did not sense anything else present inside or around me. I still had control over the things I said and did, but I felt very detached from my physical body and mind. This lasted for approximately 24 hours.

Any insight on this? I've been wondering about it for years.

As far as anything else is concerned, I've never known anyone who was possessed or seen a possession take place. I do believe that it can and does happen. I think the reasons are unique to every individual situation.

§†år § m å ¢K ☆
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I've been a Horse for a variety of deities throughout my life. Thankfully, it's only Gods that ride me like a freaking pony. The first experience I had was the Morrigan - She pushed me aside, the world went grey. I could hear my voice speaking, but I didn't know what I was saying and couldn't see. She spoke to a friend of mine for three hours - and She wasn't KIND - She was... BLUNT. When it was over, and I could see and hear again, I was shaking like a leaf, couldn't stand up, and was so thirsty I thought I'd drink a lake.

Over time, I learned to request that my energies be restored by the deity upon leaving, and that They make sure I get no fluid imbalances or other negative consequences to Their presence during the occupation.

My son is now opening up... and he's my magickal heir in all ways... I was trying to tell him yesterday, if you ever find that your psychic abilities are getting a little too difficult for you to handle, even though all my knowledge is in your head somewhere, if you can't control it, if you need help... you come to me. But he's determined that he already knows all the answers, and that he'll have no problems with the empathy, the telepathy, the healing, the aura viewing... and he doesn't know that the Divine view him as a vessel yet.

How on earth do you tell your 12 year old son that he's just a dog? That his gifts aren't for him, that there's no control over them, that he's here to work for Them and that They're going to ride him, and there's no getting off until he passes... and that even then, he can't stop?

I got off the phone feeling really depressed... He's so confident. So young. So... NEW. And I'm so old. And tired. And BITTER.

Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Ruby
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

StarsmacK wrote:
Ruby wrote:
As for the person being possessed, the person I'm speaking of reported that when possessed, she feels like she's there but not THERE. Somewhere trapped between being detached from her body and not detached.

This has happened to me before. However, I did not sense anything else present inside or around me. I still had control over the things I said and did, but I felt very detached from my physical body and mind. This lasted for approximately 24 hours.

Any insight on this? I've been wondering about it for years.

As far as anything else is concerned, I've never known anyone who was possessed or seen a possession take place. I do believe that it can and does happen. I think the reasons are unique to every individual situation.
Unfortunately I don't have any unique insight. The only thing that came to mind when reading this is that there is still that possibility that if something did possess you, you might have just not sensed it because it hid itself so well.

The only other thing I can think of - but only because I do this from time to time - is you might have been traveling... like, literally. Kind of like astral projection, only you're really awake. I've had this happen to me a few times, usually from thirty minutes to an hour, when I'm just trying to meditate. However, the sensations are different - like I did move my arms and legs, but my physical body didn't move as I did.

Other than that, I don't have much for ya. :/

ImageImageImageImageImage
Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

StarsmaK it sounds a little like symptoms of dissociative state which sometimes happens to everyone; I know it's happened to me on many occasions, especially when I'm sleep deprived or stressed. Here's an article about it http://www.neurosymptoms.org/#/dissocia ... 4533053148

StarsmacK
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Akacia
Zodiac:

AngelFire wrote:StarsmaK it sounds a little like symptoms of dissociative state which sometimes happens to everyone; I know it's happened to me on many occasions, especially when I'm sleep deprived or stressed. Here's an article about it http://www.neurosymptoms.org/#/dissocia ... 4533053148
Thank you. I like scientific explanations, limited though they can be. :)

§†år § m å ¢K ☆

Return to “General Questions”