Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics, Elven
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Para
Zodiac:

ParaEnergy wrote:
Farrell wrote:
ParaEnergy wrote:To be safe and for the sake of not wearing out my welcome, I've decided I won't start anymore topics. I'll read everybody else's and only put in my two cents if I feel compelled to do so.
Not to continue to steer away from topic, but nobody wants to discourage you or anyone else from creating topics. I don't know you, I don't know what you have figured out about the forum itself in your time here, I was just trying to make sure you knew there was a search function because daemons are not as prevalent around here as say dragons or vamps and I wanted to make sure you were able to find as many experiences as possible. There was absolutely no ill intent or malice intended in my statement. So, please don't let one off-kilter forum experience taint your quest for knowledge.

Oh no, no, no. Since I've been here, there have been many wonderfully helpful people. I can safely say that about 93% of my time here have been positive, or neutral experiences. I did see the "search option" "search option" "search option" begin to be stressed, but I didn't give it much thought until today. Still, no big deal. But, as opinions came to light and words got said, I started to see some things in a new light. Almost an "aha" moment if you will. I guess at this time, I feel that I need mostly to sit back and observe. Honestly, I don't think anyone or anything could taint my quest for knowledge. Maybe only nudge me into a different WAY of finding knowledge? If that makes sense. And, yes, this is the first "off" experience I've had with CH to date. While it's seemingly small in the grand scheme of things, it's been a pretty paramount eye opener for ME. That being said, I'm not easily discouraged or....outted. I feel I need to step back is all. I think bridges can be burnt here if one isn't extremely careful. BIG bridges. So yes, sit back and observe is what I'll do. Still humbly devouring all the knonwledge in my path! Bet your bottom dollar on THAT! lol
Yep, I'm a sucker for knowledge.
Anyway, I'd say your character is pretty awesome Farrell (had to throw that in there) Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.
~Para
See how I just rambled right off there? Gawd, I'm notorious for it!! lol ANYWAY, I do realize your attempt at stearing me in the right direction. I apologize for taking it out of context. I guess YOUR advice to use "search" was the straw that broke the Camel's back. And I'm sorry for that. I was tired of feeling brushed to the side with a "search option" answer. How were YOU, as an individual to know I'd had it with that? :( Sorry again. Did not mean to bite your head off. I wanted to take "search" break it into pieces and shove it equally up everyone's A**es LOL! ::rofl:: It wasn't an attack on you personally. And I apologize you got the <<Removed by Mod>> end of that stick. ANWAY, that being said. Sorry again and thank you for attempting to help.

~Para

sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

ParaEnergy wrote:
sadlotus79 wrote:
ParaEnergy wrote:
Dark Abyss wrote:its not about choosing sides, being right or wrong. its just that sometimes the search function will get you the information that you seek.
Sadlotus: "Farrel is right in asking if you used the search function.i have had a daemon for about 2 years now and posted a long time ago about some of my experiences :P so ha ha if search function was used you would of seen them :silly: "

So you see, aparently it IS about being right and wrong. Dark Abyss, I'm not trying to get off on the wrong foot with you. As far as I see it, you been the most unbias while still trying to make the "venerated point". And I appreciate that. Truly. I would like you to know that I completely understand the point you are trying to get across. I do. I just think that sometimes silence is the best option. There are going to be 100's of new members after ME, who are going to ask the same questions. And I think, that if some people could figure out a different way of wording things, this same problem (with others) could be avoided in the future. That's all.
And in all of this I've learned some things. Not exactly the things I was HOPING to learn, but obviously what I was SUPPOSED to learn. I've learned character and the way some things operate.
And I'd just like to say "thank you" for trying to help me understand. I do understand :)
Respectfully,
~Para

OK first of all I DIDN'T post to piss you off but was confirming Farrel's point about using the search function.since you seemed irked by Farrel response to you.

it wasn't me trying to make a newb feel stupid or like they shouldn't ask questions.i even added teasing ''silly'' emote to show it was not a serious tone I was using.but yet again Ive been misunderstood.I was trying to diffuse the situation.
Thank you for trying to diffuse. I "rant" in off topic randomness if you care to take a look there.
And, please don't feel bad. I'm misunderstood 90% of every DAY. Online and off. I'm not starting fights, merely speaking my mind. And in "Where's the sense" found here : http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 62&t=37379 I'm welcoming everyone else to do the same. This was posted in off topic randomness before I was made aware a section existed for such things.
To be safe and for the sake of not wearing out my welcome, I've decided I won't start anymore topics. I'll read everybody else's and only put in my two cents if I feel compelled to do so. This has nothing to do with you personally, Sadlotus,just rambling really lol I kinda think (and feel free to disagree) it's pointless for a noob to speak up because MOST venerated members are FOR venerated members and it could lead to chaos in the end. You know, a noob trying to make a point. But for the noob that's basically pointless! LMAO wow, here I go with the novel. So, THIS noob chic is gonna sit back, read and enjoy the ride. However long the ride lasts. It sure will help cut down in noob forum pollution. :)
A LOT of older members here have been absolutely WONDERFUL in making me feel welcome here I just need to put that out there.
Again, thank you for trying to diffuse the situation, sorry for the misunderstaning.
(extending hand for a shake)
Respectfully,
~Para
I doubt you could wear out your welcome here.
Noobs have every right to speak up and I do hope you continue to post.No one here should feel like they have no right to post.

as for ''most venerated members being for venerated members'' if i have understood you correctly you mean to say you believe that blues,green etc will always stick up for each other??

if so that is incorrect.I don't judge a member based on their colour here or how long they have been here as EACH member is valuable in some way.

FYI when I started here I felt like such an outsider,would sometimes post things only for them to not be noticed and felt ignored.I would give advice only for my response to be skipped over and an older members advice which was the same as mine getting the thanks.

I even remember asking a question once and an older member saying to me ''use the search function'' and i did feel hurt by it until I spoke with them about it and understood where they were coming from etc.and they were right and explained that they did not mean it in anyway to be an insult or reproof.they just came off more gruff sounding then they meant to.

I don't know if i speak for everyone but i don't consider anyone here to be a dumb little noob.

I remember being a noob and feeling overwhelmed by all the info and people who had already found their niche in the forum.it can be overwhelming to be the new kid. :hug: so please continue to post and all you lurking noobs start posting and quit being shy :silly: i know you're out there ...

everyone here has something to contribute and even a ''noob'' can give you a whole new way of looking at things that a more ''seasoned'' member may have overlooked.

anyways I think i babbled enough but i wanted to clear the air with you.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
Para
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angelics, Elven
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Para
Zodiac:

sadlotus79 wrote:
ParaEnergy wrote:
sadlotus79 wrote:
ParaEnergy wrote:
Dark Abyss wrote:its not about choosing sides, being right or wrong. its just that sometimes the search function will get you the information that you seek.
Sadlotus: "Farrel is right in asking if you used the search function.i have had a daemon for about 2 years now and posted a long time ago about some of my experiences :P so ha ha if search function was used you would of seen them :silly: "

So you see, aparently it IS about being right and wrong. Dark Abyss, I'm not trying to get off on the wrong foot with you. As far as I see it, you been the most unbias while still trying to make the "venerated point". And I appreciate that. Truly. I would like you to know that I completely understand the point you are trying to get across. I do. I just think that sometimes silence is the best option. There are going to be 100's of new members after ME, who are going to ask the same questions. And I think, that if some people could figure out a different way of wording things, this same problem (with others) could be avoided in the future. That's all.
And in all of this I've learned some things. Not exactly the things I was HOPING to learn, but obviously what I was SUPPOSED to learn. I've learned character and the way some things operate.
And I'd just like to say "thank you" for trying to help me understand. I do understand :)
Respectfully,
~Para

OK first of all I DIDN'T post to piss you off but was confirming Farrel's point about using the search function.since you seemed irked by Farrel response to you.

it wasn't me trying to make a newb feel stupid or like they shouldn't ask questions.i even added teasing ''silly'' emote to show it was not a serious tone I was using.but yet again Ive been misunderstood.I was trying to diffuse the situation.
Thank you for trying to diffuse. I "rant" in off topic randomness if you care to take a look there.
And, please don't feel bad. I'm misunderstood 90% of every DAY. Online and off. I'm not starting fights, merely speaking my mind. And in "Where's the sense" found here : http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 62&t=37379 I'm welcoming everyone else to do the same. This was posted in off topic randomness before I was made aware a section existed for such things.
To be safe and for the sake of not wearing out my welcome, I've decided I won't start anymore topics. I'll read everybody else's and only put in my two cents if I feel compelled to do so. This has nothing to do with you personally, Sadlotus,just rambling really lol I kinda think (and feel free to disagree) it's pointless for a noob to speak up because MOST venerated members are FOR venerated members and it could lead to chaos in the end. You know, a noob trying to make a point. But for the noob that's basically pointless! LMAO wow, here I go with the novel. So, THIS noob chic is gonna sit back, read and enjoy the ride. However long the ride lasts. It sure will help cut down in noob forum pollution. :)
A LOT of older members here have been absolutely WONDERFUL in making me feel welcome here I just need to put that out there.
Again, thank you for trying to diffuse the situation, sorry for the misunderstaning.
(extending hand for a shake)
Respectfully,
~Para
I doubt you could wear out your welcome here.
Noobs have every right to speak up and I do hope you continue to post.No one here should feel like they have no right to post.

as for ''most venerated members being for venerated members'' if i have understood you correctly you mean to say you believe that blues,green etc will always stick up for each other??

if so that is incorrect.I don't judge a member based on their colour here or how long they have been here as EACH member is valuable in some way.

FYI when I started here I felt like such an outsider,would sometimes post things only for them to not be noticed and felt ignored.I would give advice only for my response to be skipped over and an older members advice which was the same as mine getting the thanks.

I even remember asking a question once and an older member saying to me ''use the search function'' and i did feel hurt by it until I spoke with them about it and understood where they were coming from etc.and they were right and explained that they did not mean it in anyway to be an insult or reproof.they just came off more gruff sounding then they meant to.

I don't know if i speak for everyone but i don't consider anyone here to be a dumb little noob.

I remember being a noob and feeling overwhelmed by all the info and people who had already found their niche in the forum.it can be overwhelming to be the new kid. :hug: so please continue to post and all you lurking noobs start posting and quit being shy :silly: i know you're out there ...

everyone here has something to contribute and even a ''noob'' can give you a whole new way of looking at things that a more ''seasoned'' member may have overlooked.

anyways I think i babbled enough but i wanted to clear the air with you.
Thanks again :)
Yes, blues and greens, you read me correctly. But please understand that I'm not singling anyone out and that I'm only saying MOST. Maybe that isn't even fair. I'll say SOME. There. lol I agree everyone should feel free to post. And, I would start posts if I hadn't had the "aha". I'm sure a time will come in the future where I'll have no choice but to post if I want a certain question answered or certain advice etc. I could always go elsewhere for that matter. But, I'll stay put...in the background for now :)
From the beginning it was CH because for some reason, I felt comfortable. As far as Ash and Mags' conjuring abilities and trustworthiness. I don't know them from Adam or Eve, it's just a feeling I got. I'm big on feelings. So, I'll sit back and see if feelings change over the course of an undecided amount of time. Read all I can read and like I said, reply to others' posts if I feel moved to do so. I don't know you or your story either, but as far as I can tell here, you're A-ok in my book and I thank you for sharing your noob experience with me. I can't say as I really feel "outted" or...the odd kid out, just maybe...that it's not my time. Maybe in the future it will be. Maybe not. I just hope (and I'm sorry if this is ignorant, it's a genuine worry of mine) my spirits are affected or my spirit keeping abilities as far as CH spirits are concerned. I've gotten several from here and some still on the way. Will they or my abilities WITH them be affected by any negativity anyone feels against me. Like, for instance, if I had said something that someone found offensive to a member who is older than me, who just so happens to be friends with the owners or any moderators. I know this sounds silly, I'm sure. But my mind never stops. So full of questions, including off the wall sometimes outright CRAZY questions lol
It's a big part of the reason I'm stepping back. It's a big part of the reason I don't go into teh magick forums as well. Magick is a very real thing, I've experienced it first hand and I hate having to put up a sphere of swords as my fiance calls it. Like, I'm not huring you on purpose, but if you walk into my sphere it's on you if you get hurt type of thing. I'm big on protection, I just don't want to have to feel like I need that here. A place I felt so safe and comfortable at in the beginning.
I think I've gone on enough lol sorry for that!
Thanks again, very much.
~Para

~Para

aphyreus
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: duojna
If I could be anything, I would be...: pegasus
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: not sure
Zodiac:

:ot:

:grouphug: <-- para, lotus, farrel

:D I was worried it might turn out to be another raincloud thread. Glad that my worries were for nothing.

Return to “Dark Arts”